Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Let Us Know About Upcoming Rides and Events > Northeast
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Northeast Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Old 05-02-2017, 12:28 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Well I'm all for relocating to Gettysburg PA...

Besides there's a Dairy Queen nearby the Days Inn...

Not to mention Appalachian Brewing Company down the road a bit, kinda sorta close to the HD dealer...

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 05-02-2017, 12:46 PM
S.S.S.

Sleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post

Not to mention Appalachian Brewing Company down the road a bit, kinda sorta close to the HD dealer...
Mike likes that place

Old 05-02-2017, 04:16 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Plenty of good riding outside of Gettysburg. Also consider Westport, or any of the other small towns along 120 (Emporium, Driftwood, North Bend, Ridgeway). Mansfield has a great, bike-friendly motel and the awesome Yorkholo brewery.

Not a lot of wrong answers in north-central PA.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 05-02-2017, 04:44 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeveless View Post
Gettysburg is an interesting place to see if you haven't been there and there is some good food in the area, but not sure about how good the riding would be right there. But I am sure some of our guys would be able to find the roads. I would rather stay away from the raceway.
It's not far from Gettysburg to western MD, eastern WV and n. western VA. Should be able to find some good riding there somewhere

As for staying away from the raceway, if we stay around Wilkes Barre or Stroudsburg areas we can easily avoid the raceway and still have access to some good riding north east of where we usually stay.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 05-02-2017, 04:49 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Stockman View Post
Plenty of good riding outside of Gettysburg. Also consider Westport, or any of the other small towns along 120 (Emporium, Driftwood, North Bend, Ridgeway). Mansfield has a great, bike-friendly motel and the awesome Yorkholo brewery.

Not a lot of wrong answers in north-central PA.
Almost anywhere outside of Lockport is beautiful country and relatively 'rural'.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 05-02-2017, 04:58 PM
Double-D

BigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milk
A quick look on Expedia has a few decent looking places in Chambersburg in the under $90 a night range but don't have a clue about bike friendly. I bet we can make something happen in that area. The Mansfield place sounds interesting. Not that much farther for the NY crew. Should be doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2007
gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2015
Old 05-02-2017, 05:39 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Not booked.
Gettysburg! How many years ago were we there? Nice place and good roads for riding as I recall.

Meng

TKWSV

Old 05-02-2017, 06:35 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabbydoo View Post
It's not far from Gettysburg to western MD, eastern WV and n. western VA. Should be able to find some good riding there somewhere

As for staying away from the raceway, if we stay around Wilkes Barre or Stroudsburg areas we can easily avoid the raceway and still have access to some good riding north east of where we usually stay.

I know when there's a race at Bristol or Martinsburg hotels are booked as far away as 100 miles and the rates jumped 40% or so.

Not caring one bit about NASCAR I was never in tune to what, who was racing where and I was working the 81 corridor in VA, I would get caught up in that crap every couple years.

Those two locations might not be far enough from the track.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:20 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
http://mansfieldinn.com
https://www.yorkholobrewing.com

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 05-02-2017, 09:40 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeveless View Post
Mike likes that place
It's okay. Warren, 7Pump and I had lunch there a couple weeks ago. They took the Brisket Taco's off the menu.

There is a better place for brisket about 20 miles north of Gettysburg.

We stopped in and saw the Prophet while in the area. To say he was surprised was an understatement.

Kimber

Old 05-02-2017, 10:25 PM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Mansfield or Gettysburg sounds promising.....

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 05-03-2017, 07:48 AM
Just an Excitable Boy

Last Cigar Smoked: Ashton Virgin Sun Crown
OZNOG is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withOZNOG is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withOZNOG is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withOZNOG is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withOZNOG is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withOZNOG is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withOZNOG is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withOZNOG is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withOZNOG is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withOZNOG is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withOZNOG is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Following.
Me & The Warden ain't booked yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2017, 02:08 PM
Double-D

OK, crisis (and a lot of extra work at this end) avoided! Spoke with Anya and she said she has rooms for us. She is holding 10 'standard' rooms plus I will be taking one of the small suites so we have an oven for the Friday night dinner. Please make your bookings ASAP (before June 1st) for these rooms. When you call, be sure to tell them it is for the "Doof Clenas" group in order to get the rate. After that it will be first come/first served for any remaining available rooms. Rates will be the same as last year.

As for Gettysburg/Mansfield, we can discuss them in Aug. as possibilities for next year. This will give plenty of time to make plans.

Last edited by Scabbydoo; 05-03-2017 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:56 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Yay!

So... checking in on the 18th of Aug (Fri) and checking out on the morning of the 20th of Aug (Sun)?
Just to better get our head around the days / dates...

OK, so the (888) ph number goes to a resort booking line and they have to transfer you to the Hotel desk, well that dropped out after ringing for some time.

So called the (570) 443-8411 line and talked to Kelly. So set reservation for the 18th - 20th, 48 hours cancellation required if dropping out of the stay/ visit. Already charged one night to my card, she said she was doing that, so I was OK with it.

And yes I am riding a motorcycle all the way from California...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Last edited by Fe Butte; 05-04-2017 at 10:48 AM. Reason: up dates on dates in and out, I am a dumb ass!
Old 05-03-2017, 04:38 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Booked!

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...