Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Random Crap
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Random Crap I'm just sayin'.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:41 AM
Just breakin' balls

71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
I love Pursuits. They take a lot of discipline in training. I used to watch Shane Kelly ride (on TV and on tape). Quite the athlete. They have some beautiful indoor velodromes in Australia and New Zeland.

My daughter and I did meet sprinter Marty Nothstein (2000 Olympic Gold) at Trexlertown, PA. That is a neat place; its located across the street from some corn fields. The whole town comes out to watch the racing. Man, I miss track racing. It was a huge time sink with the training and all, and I missed out on a lot of other things, but it sure was fulfilling.

Exceptional cyclists in the US are very few and far between. No one significant since Greg LeMond,... then along comes Lance Armstrong who ripped the Tour de France a new one. His record may never be beat.... Sure pisses the French off.
Yeah, the Adelaide Velodrome is a beauty. Stuart O'Grady is an Adelaide boy. Raced with the Credit Agricole Team now with CSC.

I wanna live forever...So far so good

Stoney61 is a Demi God

I'm not bald, it's a solar panel for a sex machine!
Old 01-10-2009, 02:46 AM
Just breakin' balls

71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk
That Bike is an absolute beauty. Great frame.

Stoney61 is a Demi God

Old 01-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
The track races are very very similar to NASCAR style. Lots of drafting going on to conserve energy, endurance guys attack constantly to try and wear down or drop the sprinters before the finish. The sprinters that are left in the race at the end take over at 500 to 200 meters to go on the bell (final) lap and go all out to the line. Some of them can sprint near 40 mph. Riding up near the top rail of the track then diving down track on a 45° banking,... you are flying down the straight.
I dont want to sound stupied but what happens if the bike goes faster then you can peddle? (or can it not)

®
Old 01-10-2009, 11:18 AM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
I dont want to sound stupied but what happens if the bike goes faster then you can peddle? (or can it not)
Not a stupid question at all, in fact an excellent one. The bike will do a front wheel stand at the least,... you will most likely go over the handlebars. Keep peddling. There are some athletes out there who can still accelerate when peddling near and over 200 rpm, and for a decent amount of time. They use a very small gear when racing and can accelerate very quickly because of that.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Just breakin' balls

Noodles, these guys that ride pursuit and velodrome and sprints are generally built like brick shithouses, very powerful for explosive acceleration unlike long distance and endurance riders.

Stoney61 is a Demi God

Old 01-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
........Thanks Guys, i do like to know stuff about stuff i dont know about~

®
Old 02-11-2009, 09:02 AM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
A couple of weeks ago, I met BillyB, Taz, Phreak, and Kat up in Lockhart,... the BBQ Capitol of Texas and had some of the best BBQ (and company) I've ever had.

On the ride back, there were some trail riders (horses and wagons) blocking off the road, impeding traffic down to one lane (on a narrow two lane road). I had turn my bike off, and wait almost 10 minutes in order to get through because lots of traffic was coming the opposite way. Once I got going again, as I passed the horses, I smiled and waved back at the riders. A few of the horses were very nervous, so I just pulled in the clutch and idled my bike past them so as not to spook them further. Their riders tipped their hats and smiled in thanks.

No need to get mad and curse at the trailriders because they were impeding me,... they're just out there enjoying the day like I was.

Be considerate and share the road.

Tags
Banjo player, Berserker owns the road, Cheeseball, Cheesewiz, Dumbass hillbilly, elitism, Get on your lil biycle and ride, Spandex, Spandex wearing Frenchies