Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Random Crap
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Random Crap I'm just sayin'.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
only way I could get in enough riding.

Bike paths aren't everywhere. They're hardly anywhere down here, and the ones that are here are loaded with people walking dogs, people with stollers, joggers, skaters, and walkers walking two or three abreast, etc. You get the idea. Certainly no place for a cyclist riding 20 to 30 mph.

No you know how I feel when you ride on non bike paths.

Not my problem they are loaded with people.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:19 PM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
No you know how I feel when you ride on non bike paths.

Not my problem they are loaded with people.
I ride on the roads.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:28 PM
R.I.P.
you know better...

mongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
hmmmmm

So long for now RedRider

Nine-mile skid, on a ten-mile ride,
Hot as a pistol but cool inside.
Like I told ya, what I said,
Steal your face right off your head.

1965------2006

Old 01-06-2009, 09:31 PM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk

Old 01-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Ya thats how I feel when driving behind a bicylcle. Except I usually cussing.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:34 PM
El Errante

Quote:
Ya thats how I feel when driving behind a bicylcle. Except I usually cussing.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:

But my arguement, is they have no right to hold someone else up. with they can peddle the same speed as traffic ok. But they can't. They create an unsafe condition backingup traffic.

Try driving your car 5 mph through downtown.

Laws do not make things right, they simply make them legal.
That is the point. They can and should be given a ticket for obstructing traffic. The same laws apply to them as a truck going up a grade. If you obstruct traffic you need to pull over, and let traffic clear, or pick a different route, or get a ticket.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 01-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Excommunicated

Ya but they are not being ticketed. I hope I get some behind me sometime. I am gonna pour a cup coffee, fidle with the radio, scratch myself a few times before taking off from stop. Maybe put the truck in low for awhile
Old 01-06-2009, 09:48 PM
R.I.P.
you know better...

mongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowmongoose has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmiles View Post
That is the point. They can and should be given a ticket for obstructing traffic. The same laws apply to them as a truck going up a grade. If you obstruct traffic you need to pull over, and let traffic clear, or pick a different route, or get a ticket.
I think part of it is political. Bicycles are "Green". Bicyclists are "Noble Saviours of the Environment". They love children, and fresh air. Giving a ticket to a bicyclist is tantamount to scourging the Lord hisself.

Plus, there's the Barney aspect.

So long for now RedRider

1965------2006

Old 01-06-2009, 10:14 PM
El Errante

I just enjoy riding with friends and staying fit, no political statement necessary. I seldom have problems on the road.

There have been plenty of tickets handed out to cyclists and cages alike around here for all kinds of stupid stuff,... and rightly so.

Heavy traffic narrow roads with no shoulders are the worst. No one has anywhere to go. I've climbed a few mountain passes in Colorado and have even gone so far as to wave cars around me when I can see its clear around the switchback I'm on. They smile and wave back when they pass.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:17 PM
El Errante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmiles View Post
I agree. I guess different states are slightly different about this, but I do know in Washington state, it is illegal (and it is posted so) for a slower vehicle to detain more than 5 other vehicles behind it.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:22 PM
R.I.P.
you know better...

Quote:
I just enjoy riding with friends and staying fit, no political statement necessary. I seldom have problems on the road.

There have been plenty of tickets handed out to cyclists and cages alike around here for all kinds of stupid stuff,... and rightly so.

Heavy traffic narrow roads with no shoulders are the worst. No one has anywhere to go. I've climbed a few mountain passes in Colorado and have even gone so far as to wave cars around me when I can see its clear around the switchback I'm on. They smile and wave back when they pass.
As would I. I've got no problem with bicyclists who recognize the world around them and react/respond accordingly. I do have a problem with arrogant a-holes who think they own the road, be they bicyclists, bikers, cagers, or pedestrians.

So long for now RedRider

1965------2006

Old 01-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
I agree. I guess different states are slightly different about this, but I do know in Washington state, it is illegal (and it is posted so) for a slower vehicle to detain more than 5 other vehicles behind it.
In Illinois, I believe it is 6.

Very sensible law.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 01-07-2009, 08:09 AM
gAZINTAs

lil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Luckily, around here we have bike lanes. U.S. 20 is a different story though Huge issues with the amish in buggies and on bikes! I am of the mind set slow moving vehicles to the right of the road. That's what I was taught in drivers ed. So no matter what you're riding driving ect. if you can't keep up with the flow of traffic get over!

"Before you begin to give someone a piece of your mind, consider carefully whether you can spare any."
A. unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by why_me View Post
My intentions were honorable.
I can't wait to dishonor my intentions.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:06 AM
really big member

Jonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I don't mind bikes riders, joggers, walkers, pedestrians at cross walk or parking lot.

But there are some with a certain arrogance. " I have the right to be here as much as you" Trying to make a "Point"

Examples;

Bike riders taking up the whole lane when they are holding up traffic. With arrogance. Personally I normally will not pass a bike unless I can give him his lane.

Parking Lot - When some shitbird walks in front of you, glares at you, or does not even look, then diddy dalleys like they own the world, and daring you to run over them. I was taught to hussle a little bit when your holding someone up. Common courtesy

Walking or Jogging on the road. Should be going towards traffic, and simply should get way over, white line or off the road. I almost hit a guy last weekend. I was pulling a trailer(wider then my truck). Some idiot was walking 2ft off the white line towards the center of the road. The cars in front of me were swinging wide to mis him. When I got by him traffic was coming the other direction. I think my trailer's fender brushed his pant leg.
He was daring people to hit him

I have logged alot of miles running on the road over the past 27 years. In that time I have had alot of close calls, people throwing things, yell shit, swerve at you. They all had one thing in common, they would never stop, no matter how hard I tried to get them too.
My theory about that is. People who yell out car windows, throw things, flip you off, ect. are pussies.

To me it's about common courtesy, and not trying to make a point. I see alot of bike riders trying to make the "point". That is what generates the Besrker Attitude.

JONAS

Sherlyn Popelka, Fugitive, Aggravated Assault, Golf, DUI

USMC 82-88
Semper Fi, PGRider
2004 Road King

Tags
Banjo player, Berserker owns the road, Cheeseball, Cheesewiz, Dumbass hillbilly, elitism, Get on your lil biycle and ride, Spandex, Spandex wearing Frenchies