Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Touring Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Tri Glide Ultra Classic

I saw one last night, I sat on it, I went rooom roooom with the throttle..I like it a lot, a real lot......How old do you gotta be to ride one of those things? Would be an awesome relaxing ride, I bet shes sweet on the interstate. Tons of trunk space for us campers....

Way to go Harley!

He wouldnt let me go rooom rooom around the parking lot but he was nice and let me pretend....
Old 05-22-2009, 10:26 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
You have to be as old, as you can afford it. Its nice to have a trike with factory warranty and dealer network. I've always had a thing for the custom ones, but your probably not going to tour on one of those.

You would hope prices would come down as things get mass produced but, you know it won't Maybe see some on the used market in a few years.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:26 AM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I like it. One day I may own one.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 05-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
They do look sharp! My dad almost bought one since my Harley riding was getting him interested in owning his own again but his affection for a new convertible 350Z won out.

I agree with what 'Zerk said about the positives of national dealer network, etc in the event you have problems out on the road. Much harder to get warranty work on a custom bike if you can at all when out for a touring ride.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
The downside, is its factory, which is also the plus.

I worked with a guy, who had a Olds Tornado, chopped into a trike, with a 455. I like the custom stuff. But its more of a novelty. You brake down on the road, do you bring it to car or bike shop?
Old 05-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
The downside, is its factory, which is also the plus.

I worked with a guy, who had a Olds Tornado, chopped into a trike, with a 455. I like the custom stuff. But its more of a novelty. You brake down on the road, do you bring it to car or bike shop?
you "TAKE IT"~

®
Old 05-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Excommunicated

I am not getting it.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:51 AM
Politically Incorrect

Big Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygieneBig Tom seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
I am not getting it.

Engine by Otto.
Sherlyn Popelka, Fugitive, Aggravated Assault, Golf, DUI
Old 05-22-2009, 12:52 PM
R.I.P.
chemo toddy

y2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milk
i'm 60 and just got this new ultra. when this thing gets too much for my old bones, i'll get a tri-glide.

Old 05-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Excommunicated

Well it will still have most if its value, at that point, for trade in.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:04 AM
???

msocko3 has failed to amuse us
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
I saw one last night, I sat on it, I went rooom roooom with the throttle..I like it a lot, a real lot......How old do you gotta be to ride one of those things? Would be an awesome relaxing ride, I bet shes sweet on the interstate. Tons of trunk space for us campers....

Way to go Harley!

He wouldnt let me go rooom rooom around the parking lot but he was nice and let me pretend....
My dad has a Red Hot Sunglow one and it does ride nice on the interstate. I've ridden it a couple times now and am surprised at how smooth and quiet it is. I decided my Ultra needed company so I have money down on a 2010 Flame Blue Pearl and Silver Pearl 2 tone Tri Glide. If all works out it should be the 1st one to the dealer. I figure ones never to young to appriciate comfort, I'm 45.

06 Ultra Powered by 120" Head-Quarters

2012 GL1800 Hannigan
Old 05-23-2009, 07:25 PM
R.I.P.
<--- Captain Itch!

Red Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I haven't seen one in person, but I like the looks better than the Lehman. That'll be my ride when I'm too old to hold up a 2 wheeler.

'Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.' - William Penn

I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love.
'06' FLSTNI, $43 per gallon!

Old 05-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I'll ride the Ultra till I get too old to hold it up....
Then a Tri-Glide.
That's the plan.

*Sensitive at all times.