Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Doof Clenas > Doofapaloozas
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Doofapaloozas I'm riding 1,200 miles to spend a week with some avid motorcycle enthusiasts I met on the internet, dear. What could go wrong?

Old 05-16-2011, 10:08 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
The main reason I go to the events is to spend the evenings there with my good friends. The floorboard dragging and the "Technical" stuff is not for me. East or west is a good option but north and south would be better, I think. It shore is Purty around Franklin, Tennessee.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:13 PM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalBags View Post
The main reason I go to the events is to spend the evenings there with my good friends. The floorboard dragging and the "Technical" stuff is not for me. East or west is a good option but north and south would be better, I think. It shore is Purty around Franklin, Tennessee.
How much further south do you want to go, Bags?

Truth be told, I'd REALLY love to ride into Mexico if it was a safe country to ride in. Its got some great natural beauty and is so close to us Texicans.... Pisses me off that its so dangerous. What a waste, huh?

Old 05-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I'm talkin about The South. As in historical significance. Civil War stuff. I like to see things that you can't see while riding. There is so much more to it for me than riding. But, I'm a poser.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Mind the thorns

Margarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Ah-HA! Another Civil War buff. This might interest you. http://www.arkansascivilwar150.com/

Preserve the planet: repeal the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:59 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Man, I wish you could all come west one time, or we establish a West Chapter. We run between B.C. and Cali all summer and out to S.Dakota in Aug. every year......
But, between the reality of money, family and time away from work, the eastern seaboard is a tough nut to crack, Till retired that is!!!
Shots of what ur missing....

Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00557.jpg (105.7 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00566.jpg (35.2 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01953.jpg (98.2 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01942.jpg (71.6 KB, 123 views)

Last edited by DAK47; 05-16-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:39 PM
Double-D
Dr. of Doof

OKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Everybody here is family to me. I really love you guys. I don't think I'd be able to keep it together if we didn't have a yearly get together. I want to go to TOTM, Cheesapaloosa, Vukfest, Squishy, etc. Maybe we need to have rotating national meetings like the BCS. Heck, you guys can come to my house next year! You are more than welcome. But I really think we need to meet yearly. I am not getting any younger. Every year is a gift from the Lord. And so are all of you.

Yours truly,

Bob

D.F.F.D.

/Users/rleonard12/Desktop/star-trek-expendability.jpg
Old 05-17-2011, 12:13 AM
BSL/SBSH

Last Cigar Smoked: "It's a Girl"
Luke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suckLuke611 can happily embrace the suck
I have a lot of shirts. I don't usually order the event shirt, but always plan to go. It would be nice if they stayed annual, but I'm only one voice, if that.

In the regional events, it seems that no forum money is spent. Would the quality of the national meet decline if we skipped the spendy stuff? For me, it's the riding and the hanging out with folks. Hell, I'd even start buying the shirts if it helped keep it yearly.

Despite being an only child, I understand the world doesn't revolve around me. (Sort of), so whatever happens, is the way it is. I'd like to host something here in Kansas, but can't seem to get the logistics down, plus the location isn't a huge draw to many. There are good rides around here. The trouble is, they're spread a little further apart than many are comfortable with.

To get back on track, I'd like to see it stay yearly, even if it means scaling back on the festivities, but that's just me. I have no family constraints to deal with, only a farming schedule.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:01 AM
Mind the thorns

Margarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK47 View Post
Man, I wish you could all come west one time, or we establish a West Chapter. We run between B.C. and Cali all summer and out to S.Dakota in Aug. every year......
Dirk
Rangerider lives in Montana, I live in Wyoming, you're in BC... I'm up for a western ride. Kinda different than riding in places like TX and AR, though- not a lot of local paved roads around here. An extended journey sort of ride might work best with evenings spent in different places. We did the Casper (WY) to Jasper (Alberta) run a few years ago in the car. It would be killer spectacular on bikes.

Jus' thinkin'...

Preserve the planet: repeal the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:28 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKC Fatboy View Post
But I really think we need to meet yearly. I am not getting any younger. Every year is a gift from the Lord. And so are all of you.

Yours truly,

Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke611 View Post
It would be nice if they stayed annual, but I'm only one voice, if that.

In the regional events, it seems that no forum money is spent. Would the quality of the national meet decline if we skipped the spendy stuff? For me, it's the riding and the hanging out with folks. Hell, I'd even start buying the shirts if it helped keep it yearly.

To get back on track, I'd like to see it stay yearly, even if it means scaling back on the festivities, but that's just me.
I think we all learned with the loss of RedRider how fleeting life can be. I think both of you have valid points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK47 View Post
But, between the reality of money, family and time away from work, the eastern seaboard is a tough nut to crack, Till retired that is!!!
Shots of what ur missing....

Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margarita View Post
Rangerider lives in Montana, I live in Wyoming, you're in BC... I'm up for a western ride. Kinda different than riding in places like TX and AR, though- not a lot of local paved roads around here. An extended journey sort of ride might work best with evenings spent in different places. We did the Casper (WY) to Jasper (Alberta) run a few years ago in the car. It would be killer spectacular on bikes.

Jus' thinkin'...
If you build it they will come. . .

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 05-17-2011, 05:59 AM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
To sorta run in Bob's vein...

I was a member of a local GTO club, which, in turn, was an affiliate of a national GTO club.

Each year, there's a National event, hosted by one of the local chapters. While most GTOs seem to reside in the Midwest, the Nationals are pretty much held coast to coast.

Last year's Cloudrider Run seemed to me, at least, to be one of that type of National. While local participation was high, there were people there from coast to coast and points in between.

Perhaps something like that could be considered. Maybe just tack a day or two onto a local event, try to hold it on a weekend (Thurs. through Sat.), and call it good.

Those who live far away will still have serious riding to do, but at least they'll have a chance to see different parts of the country.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:17 AM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I think the Regionals are taking on a life of their own and will become more popular due to the variety. I'm using Maggie Valley as a week long vacation to ride down Skyline Drive and the BRP.

Cheeseapalooza could be moved to the middle of August next year and become a Regional. It is an absolutely awesome area to ride.

It has been a couple of years since I went to ES. I just decided a couple of weeks ago to attend. I missed seeing everyone and there are a few roads i have not checked out down there.

Making ES a every 2 or 3 year National would probably be the best way to keep it viable.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:28 AM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
angela says she has no interest in going back to es because its just too much for her, the 100 degree heat and 1500 miles each way, that coupled with the timing and all my other stuff, make it not very promising, I have to say the smaller closer stuff is nice, or a fly and ride to the other side would be better for us.

that said you guys and gals know that I will ride through all kinds of crap to hang out in a garage and have a hot dog with my best buds....
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 05-17-2011, 07:01 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
With my school, work, and family schedule, getting anywhere is tough and ES always falls during my summer classes. It's certainly not that I don't want to go, I just can't. I have managed at least one outing per year with the Doofs, but I wish I could make all. That being said, I do love when I get to ride with yinz, especially up Pine Mountain, and the long weekend rides are just easier for me to make.

So unless the national ride happened to fall during a time when both the kids and my wife were gone for a week, I probably will stick with whatever regionals I can make. I really want to make a Texas ride also.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:17 AM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I am pretty much down to making the rides that I can afford to make and looking at the pictures of the rest.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 05-17-2011, 09:25 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by d j View Post
I think the Regionals are taking on a life of their own and will become more popular due to the variety. I'm using Maggie Valley as a week long vacation to ride down Skyline Drive and the BRP.

Cheeseapalooza could be moved to the middle of August next year and become a Regional. It is an absolutely awesome area to ride.

It has been a couple of years since I went to ES. I just decided a couple of weeks ago to attend. I missed seeing everyone and there are a few roads i have not checked out down there.

Making ES a every 2 or 3 year National would probably be the best way to keep it viable.
The East Coast Doofapalooza works, and I think we've got it right with alternating Northeast/Southeast every other year, and it's well attended.

The West Coast is simply broken. Always has been. Somebody needs to take an interest out there and put something together. There's enough folks for it to get off the ground, IMHO.

We've already got Squish in August, and there really aren't any "regionals", per se.
We've got a national, and in theory 2 coastals (in practice 1), and other get togethers at least monthly. If one of the others gets popular (like Junction, Squish, TOTM) it becomes a big deal and lots of folks attend (amazingly, Junction, Squish and TOTM are in the same location every year...).
Anyway, what we're working on now is ES. If the West Coast ever decides they wanna do something, that'd be great, too, but that's not what we're trying to fix at the moment.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.