Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Dyna Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-18-2007, 10:28 PM
Permanently Pissy

billymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Risers on a Super Glide...

Anyone put new risers on a 2005 or similar? I'm considering it, but since the speedo is mounted to the top riser plate, looks like it would be cocked at an odd angle if I come "up and back" with a new set.

2010 Ultra Classic, Sunglow Red
Curb Feelers and Pine Scent Air Freshener
Yammy TTR-230 Just for fun...

Old 02-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by billymac View Post
Anyone put new risers on a 2005 or similar? I'm considering it, but since the speedo is mounted to the top riser plate, looks like it would be cocked at an odd angle if I come "up and back" with a new set.
Hodawwg took his 4'' pull back risers off his Softtail when he went with mini apes and he just took the speedo out of the bracket and turned the bracket around and put the speedo back in... (it may have been a tachometer bracket).....but it worked~
Old 02-19-2007, 01:15 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
I'm putting four and a half inch straight risers on my 2000 dyna. Thought about pullbacks, then though again cuz of the speedo and tach set-up...

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Old 02-19-2007, 09:26 PM
Closet Doof

george248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Softail standard bars worked for me... little more pullback and rise and does not jack up the speedo.

Did I mention they are cheap also?

Please forgive my junky garage...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bars1.jpg (309.6 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg bars2.jpg (216.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg bars3.jpg (226.3 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by george248; 02-19-2007 at 09:31 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Permanently Pissy

billymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by george248 View Post
Softail standard bars worked for me... little more pullback and rise and does not jack up the speedo.

Cheap is good!

Old 02-20-2007, 02:53 PM
Closet Doof

george248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
P/N 56102-99 Softail Standard bars $38.72 from Zanotti's

these bars used to be listed in the parts catalog as "reduced reach" for the Superglide

30" tip to tip
8.5" base width
5.5" rise
9" pullback

Old 02-20-2007, 04:56 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Nope, sorry...
Old 02-25-2007, 11:49 AM
DynaDav

Quote:

Did you have to change out your brake and clutch cables? Please so no!

And clean up that garage...
(just kidding)
Old 02-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Closet Doof

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynaDav View Post
Did you have to change out your brake and clutch cables? Please so no!

Nope... stock clutch cable, a little bending of the stock brake line and pulled a little extra wire out...

And clean up that garage...
(just kidding)

Got a couple prospects on that as we speak...

Old 03-10-2007, 12:23 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
I installed my four and a half inch WG risers yesterday. I sanded the chrome and wrinkle finished them in black. Put them in the oven at 250 degrees for 20 min and they were done! I had to pull on some wire from under the tank, but there was enough there and the bars move both directions with no problems. I tell ya, it feels like a totally different bike. I can sit up straighter now and my palms arn't getting pushed against the grips like before. I can't believe I didn't do this sooner. I been riding that thing for almost 7 years like that, but I suppose I just got used to it! About 30 bucks invested in that fix!

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Old 03-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Permanently Pissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynageno View Post
I installed my four and a half inch WG risers yesterday. I sanded the chrome and wrinkle finished them in black. Put them in the oven at 250 degrees for 20 min and they were done! I had to pull on some wire from under the tank, but there was enough there and the bars move both directions with no problems. I tell ya, it feels like a totally different bike. I can sit up straighter now and my palms arn't getting pushed against the grips like before. I can't believe I didn't do this sooner. I been riding that thing for almost 7 years like that, but I suppose I just got used to it! About 30 bucks invested in that fix!
Did you have enough cable and brake line play? How does the Speedo look? Sounds great, would love to see a pic if you have one.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:39 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

It turned out great! The speedo is about 2 inches higher than before. There was enough wire, just had to cut wire ties and pull on it some. The clutch cable had just enough slack. I will try and get some pix today and post them later.

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Old 03-11-2007, 09:44 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Here's a couple of photos for you BillyMac...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG0001.jpg (126.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG0007.jpg (117.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG0005.jpg (118.5 KB, 16 views)

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Old 03-12-2007, 11:21 AM
Permanently Pissy

Thanks Dynageno, looks good and give me a better idea of what to expect. I'm begining to think that if I go 2 up and 1 back, the speedo might look just fine. Thanks for taking the time to post the pics.