Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Let Us Know About Upcoming Rides and Events > Sturgis
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 04-20-2008, 05:17 PM
KTWillys

Been many times but may go again this year...

not sure though.. got lots to do this summer and not much time off available.....

but you never know...
Old 04-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jams View Post
Never tried getting a room there because I always heard that everything is booked years in advance.
I hear so many ignorant things of Sturgis. We got a room in Deadwood in the summer. Decided to stay another night, called the desk and they had a room, had to move rooms. $160 a night which is pricey, but I only stay 1-2 nights.

Camping is 11-15, if you like that. Basically jsut a throw your tent down in a field.

Call around the small towns too.

Every one complains about high prices. Beer is usually $3.5-4.5. At home 2.5-3. So big deal.

As far as lines, I have not had a problem. One time I had to wait for gas, behind one person. I park on the side streets, and don't ride through town. I used too. That can be slow, but not impossible.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:47 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Ridin the Black Hills has a lot of traffic during the rally. The week before is the best unless you enjoy gettin drunk.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Jams

'Zerk,

I ain't dis'ing the rally. I just don't know about how available rooms are because we stay at a friends house and camp in his back yard every year.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalBags View Post
Ridin the Black Hills has a lot of traffic during the rally. The week before is the best unless you enjoy gettin drunk.
I am sure it is nice, but not a big deal during the rally. I just enjoiy seeing and hearing all the bikes roaring by.

I am not a people person, but enjoy the rally.

I love see the bike traffic pick up as I head west, seeing all the bikes loaded down. Lauging at the Ultras on trailers.

Park on the edge of town or one of the bars with parking. Town is not that big

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jams View Post
'Zerk,

I ain't dis'ing the rally. I just don't know about how available rooms are because we stay at a friends house and camp in his back yard every year.
I wasting aiming at you. But I had heard people talking like they know. $160 a night is expensive, but I had no problem getting it.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Jams

Finding a vacancy is the biggest problem I always heard, not the cash.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Excommunicated

Last year we called few weeks before got a room in deadwood, year before Custer. Custer as boring.

We wanted to stay a 2nd night in Deadwood, just called the desk, they had another room open.

OL uses the internet sites,not sure which, I can ask.