Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Riding Stories and Adventures
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 06-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Got out for a little putt with d j today.

I finally got enough miles on the new 95 to merit the final tune by Hoban Bros., the builders of the new motor. I made an appointment a few weeks ago to have the tune done today.

I called d j a few days later and asked him if he'd be interested in riding along. Yep, said he. Oh, by the way, he mentioned, my bike's got a vibration, do you think Hoban's can look at it for me? I'll find out, said I. An appointment was made for d j's bike as well.

I met d j at the rest area/WI Visitor's Center at WI 165 and I-94 early this morning and led him up through Milwaukee toward Hoban's shop, which is located in Osman, near Sheboygan. We stopped in Belgium for a break, fuel and chat.

We arrived at Hoban's about 8:30 and waited 'til they opened at 9. Erik, the service manager, arrived shortly before 9 and d j and I both explained what we wanted/needed done. Both bikes were in their shop by 9:15.

There was pretty steady foot and bike traffic at Hoban's, plus plenty of riders to wave at while we sat outside and talked.

Had a real nice chat with a few riders who stopped in, plus a nice visit with d j. My bike was done around 11:30 and Erik explained what they did. He had me take it for a ride to make sure it met my expectations. It does. The motor runs super fine! I had d j take it for a ride, too, just to get his opinion. He approved as well. Soon d j's bike was done and test rode, too.

We settled up with Hoban's, chatted a bit, thanked them, geared up and headed back toward IL. I'd planned a little loop route around Milwaukee, plus a lunch stop in Sheboygan Falls. We ate at the Point Drive In on the north side of town. Steak sandwiches and fries were ordered by both of us. I added a strawberry malt, d j a chocolate shake.

Everything was super tasty and reasonably priced. Lunch was over in about half an hour. We then saddled up and headed out. We basically headed west from Sheboygan Falls to Hartford, then south toward Waterford, where we took a break at the village park, located next to the Fox River. Route at the <linky>.

We then headed south through Union Grove and ended our ride together at Russell Rd. and the tollway, where we said our goodbyes.

First, as usual, it was great to get out with d j. A finer rider partner you couldn't find.

Secondly, the service provided by Hoban Bros. is second to none. They take the time to listen to your concerns and questions, then do their very best to see to it that you leave their shop completely satisfied. I can't emphasize enough the exceptional service they provide. These guys run a Harley shop the way it should be run.

Lastly, we're both out of riding shape. I'm a pooped pup, and I'm sure d j is as well. I got in about 270 miles today, d j a quite a bit more, but all miles today were totally enjoyable.

Thanks to d j for ridin' up there with me. It was fun!

Last edited by orbit; 06-02-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Great ride report, Ken. Now that d j's thumb is fixed and your bikes are tuned up, get out there and ride.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Damn good to get out on the road wif my bud Orbit. Fine rider he is.

Hoban Bros is one class operation. Best indy I have ever visited. They balanced my tires, went thru my entire chassis, and did critical fasteners as well as clutch adjustment. Pronounced Travler good to go. Took the bike for a shake down road test at speed. The bill for all that was entirely too cheap.

I put on 391 miles. Dog Tard right now. Way out of riding shape too. Thumb and hand are good to go. No problems at all. I have been back to work for three weeks. Saw some beautiful Wisconnie scenery. The heavens opened up on my run home after we split. Made it home in good shape.

Can't wait for our next ride.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:46 PM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I gotta come out that way and ride sometime....... glad y'all had a good ride.

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 06-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Great ride report Ken. Glad you two got some miles together.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 06-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Double-D
I am Doof

Bluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney View Post
I gotta come out that way and ride sometime....... glad y'all had a good ride.
+1 .

Old 06-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Oh, I took Ken's bike for a test run. Thing flat runs like a Pissed Off Bumble Bee gettin' ready to lay out a nasty sting on a Rabid Dog.

I told him he'll be thinking about a six speed next.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:04 AM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by d j View Post
Oh, I took Ken's bike for a test run. Thing flat runs like a Pissed Off Bumble Bee gettin' ready to lay out a nasty sting on a Rabid Dog.

I told him he'll be thinking about a six speed next.
Yeah, remember that uphill pull when we turned onto 83 south of Hartford and I kinda 'stretched her legs'?

I still had one more gear to go.......

Mentioned the six speed thingy to mrs. o as a passing thought this morning.

She hit the estimate on the head.

The words 'Um, No.' followed.......

Old 06-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Double-D
The Mechanic

So we are standing out front of Hobans shooting the breeze with the owner and mechanic after we were all paid up.

I was telling him about all the work I did to Travler last summer. Mentioned I did all the wrenching myself, subed out the automatic comp release machine work, software down loads, and tire mount and balance only.

So the guy looks at me and says "So, what is it you do for a living, then?"
I replied "Cadillac mechanic".
HE BUSTS OUT LAUGHING.
He says "Seriously, what do you do?"
I look at him and said "Seriously, I'm a Cadillac mechanic".

He thought it was hilarious for some reason. Maybe Ken got it but I sure didn't.

Last edited by d j; 06-02-2013 at 12:48 PM. Reason: fogot a line. doh
Old 06-02-2013, 07:24 PM
Bon vivant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d j View Post
So we are standing out front of Hobans shooting the breeze with the owner and mechanic after we were all paid up.

I was telling him about all the work I did to Travler last summer. Mentioned I did all the wrenching myself, subed out the automatic comp release machine work, software down loads, and tire mount and balance only.

So the guy looks at me and says "So, what is it you do for a living, then?"
I replied "Cadillac mechanic".
HE BUSTS OUT LAUGHING.
He says "Seriously, what do you do?"
I look at him and said "Seriously, I'm a Cadillac mechanic".

He thought it was hilarious for some reason. Maybe Ken got it but I sure didn't.
I think he thought you were pullin' his leg.

I chuckled a bit because I knew it was true.