Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Remodeling or Building
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Remodeling or Building Got a project going or finished... Got a question...

Old 01-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Doof Babe

Ruthless doesn't need a tube sockRuthless doesn't need a tube sockRuthless doesn't need a tube sockRuthless doesn't need a tube sockRuthless doesn't need a tube sockRuthless doesn't need a tube sockRuthless doesn't need a tube sockRuthless doesn't need a tube sockRuthless doesn't need a tube sockRuthless doesn't need a tube sockRuthless doesn't need a tube sock
Dan only thinks he is in control!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Are you in the right thread, little girl? Does dan know you are on the computer?
Old 01-03-2009, 11:27 PM
gAZINTAs

lil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthless View Post
Dan only thinks he is in control!
Men, they'll never get it!

"Before you begin to give someone a piece of your mind, consider carefully whether you can spare any."
A. unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by why_me View Post
My intentions were honorable.
I can't wait to dishonor my intentions.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:31 PM
gAZINTAs

lil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
Mike, I have a Craftsman saw that looks a lot like the one in Clint's workshop. I was gonna sell it because I'm gonna take the old one from my dad's shop. It's yours for $100. Don't know how you'd get it up there to WI though...
You're telling me Bezerkers name is MIKE??????? WHAT......... I'm sorta let down. I was expecting something like Thundar, Zoar, Jeb or Earl.........damn!!

"Before you begin to give someone a piece of your mind, consider carefully whether you can spare any."
A. unknown

Quote:
Old 01-03-2009, 11:32 PM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Pistolero DPH View Post
Men, they'll never get it!
But that's the only reason we get married.

Engine by Otto.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:33 PM
gAZINTAs

My point exactly!!!!!

A. unknown

Quote:
Old 01-04-2009, 12:51 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
You're telling me Bezerkers name is MIKE??????? WHAT......... I'm sorta let down. I was expecting something like Thundar, Zoar, Jeb or Earl.........damn!!
There are men that would pay money for the information.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
They run an electrical pulse through the blade. If any organic material disrupts that current, it drops the blade and it digs into a block of soft aluminum to stop it instantly. The worst damage I have seen to the hot dog in the demonstration was a little nick that you might need a band-aid to fix. Much better that packing the mangled remains of your finger in ice and heading to the ER.
Ed,
It is an EGGZELIENT technology !!!
When they came out with that a couple of years ago it was COST PROHIBITABLE for the home owner to ever buy it, VERY VERY EXSPENSIVE

now, about 2 years later, some saws are actually being made with this technology built in as standard stuff

still expensive, but more affordable than 2 years ago

I'd like to have it on my stuff, but not willing to pay the price............ been woodworking for years, and have never cut off a digit, yet.

you just need to pay attention ALL OF THE TIME when you're working with machinery...... doesn't matter what kind, just PAY ATTENTION !!!

don't drink and saw

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 01-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by masstch View Post
Well yeah, there actually are some plastic ones these days, but no, I was intending as opposed to stamped steel, the typical thirtyto sixty dollar saw usually has this. The point is that you want a rugged and rigid base. The thin stamped steel "sheet metal" bases you can easily flex by hand. That flexibility ruins accuracy. The more expensive contractor grade saws will usually have thick cast bases of alloy or even a stamped or extruded aluminum base that is really thick and rigid.
When you go to the store, compare the flex of the bases on the low and high priced models, you'll see the difference.

in addition to that you want a WIDE base on the base plate.
this makes the saw STABLE and eaiser to handle, and makes it more secure in your hand.

the magnesium base plates are the best. they are FLAT and TRUE, and reduce the weight of the saw. They also offer the largest base plates on the saws.

check this one out .....
I have this saw, and am very satisfied with the performance and handling of this saw

Hitachi C7BMR 7-1/4

http://www.toolsforless.com/product/10456.html

Old 01-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Buffalo Hump

Quote:

Old 01-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Buffalo Hump

I have this Jet cabinet saw...... it's NOT portable, but can easily handle 4x8 sheet stock

it has ALL of the things that you want/need in a table saw, except that it is not PORTABLE..... 50" rip fence, wide table top, excellent fence alignment and locks securely. Reliable tape scale (even though, I still measure to the blade, just the way I am), flat steel top, big azz motor wired to 220v, hooks up to dust collection system, blah blah blah

what you see on top of the saw is the cross cut sled that I built for it ...... now that there is a MUST HAVE item (IMHO) for a table saw..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVC-303F.jpg (82.0 KB, 18 views)

Old 01-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Bought the 98" metal straight edge for running circular saw against for cutting plywood. Its two pieces, slides together or something.

Also bought one of the quick grips and some springy clips. I suck at woodwork, I'd like to do a little better.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Bought the 98" metal straight edge for running circular saw against for cutting plywood. Its two pieces, slides together or something.

Also bought one of the quick grips and some springy clips. I suck at woodwork, I'd like to do a little better.
Well, by golly, Zerk yer makin a good start at it. Next you'll need one of them circular saws we've been yammerin about.

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 01-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Excommunicated

I got an old black and decker. been looking mostlly at Milwaukee and Dewault. Almost bought one yesterday. but I had to crap, and the bathrooms are out of service at HD for 2-3 weeks. WTF. So instead of impluse buy I had another impulse.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Excommunicated

Also got a 12" speedsquare, I had 6". My 6" is metal, but 12 inch is plastic.