Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 08-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Type O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Took bike out yesterday, 40, hadn't ran in 11 days, was out hunting. Hit button once, fired up and ran. One time.

My carb been giving me a little hassle, when its sits. Not sure why.
how old is the fuel and how long has it been sitting . does she get ridden much? maybe the fuel ports are getting gummed from setting so long and you need to run a good additive throe her and a tank of fuel to clean her out . just an idea

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 08-31-2008, 12:09 AM
really small member

mieltje has failed to amuse us
for yr information guys , just made the conversion on my Heritage 2004 this week . I used a Mikuni HSR 42 carb , some Pingel gastank-accesories and the ignitionmodule of Altmann AMM-P3 . No new wiring needed , just connect the 4 coilcables , the 2 crankcensor cables and power and ground and that's it !
it took me 3 hours for the whole conversion and i am no mechanic ... and i think i dont have to explain how she rides now ... should have done it ages ago , lol
Old 08-31-2008, 02:25 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLET View Post
how old is the fuel and how long has it been sitting . does she get ridden much? maybe the fuel ports are getting gummed from setting so long and you need to run a good additive throe her and a tank of fuel to clean her out . just an idea
Guy at work who is a crew cheif on a race car, said to put the battery charger on it and see if starts better. If so you need a better starter. Increasing voltage increases power of starter.

Dilema is how do you know it wasn't going to start good anyways

Sometime starts good, sometimes not. Sat for few dayss, and had to try 5 times, on Friday. Other times 1-2, sometimes 1st. Sometimes more. Seems to be worse when sitting. I have been turning off my passing lamps, to see if it helps, 55w, after market. Dunno if if helps, or if it would have.........
Old 02-04-2009, 11:34 PM
Nowhereman

EFI is great when it works.
Or, when you want to turbo charge your V twin.
Or if you like to tweak and play with maps on a laptop.
If you want to ride and ride, get good power and mileage too, not ever have to worry about your fuel pump / regulator going out in your tank, get a carb.