Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > TroubleHead Garage (Geno's Place)
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

TroubleHead Garage (Geno's Place) Evo's , Shovels, Pans, and anything else...

Old 12-24-2011, 06:44 PM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

Location: Half way down the trail to hell, in a shady meadow of green
Last Cigar Smoked: Nub Dub
squish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Schweet.....

CAUTION! You have entered a Harley based forum. Apply a liberal amount of BS repellent to skin before reading anything by anybody.

Old 12-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Smoker of Tires

Crabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by d j View Post
Artwork!

She's gonna be a show piece.
not only that but this guys heads flow a ridiculous amount of air and with the appropriate cam and carb this motor will make 130-140 HP
Old 12-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Known Associate

smiley is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withsmiley is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withsmiley is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withsmiley is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withsmiley is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withsmiley is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withsmiley is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withsmiley is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withsmiley is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withsmiley is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withsmiley is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby Appleton View Post
not only that but this guys heads flow a ridiculous amount of air and with the appropriate cam and carb this motor will make 130-140 HP
will not
Old 12-26-2011, 02:23 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: comancho
Sonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
lol....here we go again...

Chris
RIP MONGOOSE

2002 RK Police
95 Big Bore Kit, Weisco Flat Top Pistons, 9.13:1
Engine built by Wilsons of E-town,KY
Vance and Hines Ovals
SE Air Cleaner, K&N Filter
2006 HD Stock Heads
Andrews 26G Cams
Dyno'd by ENGINES BY OTTO

851st ARMY SECURITY AGENCY - Europe - 74-77
Old 12-26-2011, 02:24 PM
Smoker of Tires

Crabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley View Post
will not
ur right....I've decided to go 128"...it'll make more
Old 12-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Known Associate

smiley is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withsmiley is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withsmiley is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withsmiley is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withsmiley is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withsmiley is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withsmiley is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withsmiley is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withsmiley is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withsmiley is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withsmiley is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
ur right....I've decided to go 128"...it'll make more
good move...
Old 12-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Smoker of Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley View Post
good move...
go big or go home is my motto
Old 12-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Airhead

Ken R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steak
Quote:
Supercharged?
Old 12-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Smoker of Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken R View Post
Supercharged?
nope....natty aspiration....the guy I'm talkin to is tellin me now that I can build a 128" for about the same money....150HP
Old 12-26-2011, 04:23 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
nope....natty aspiration....the guy I'm talkin to is tellin me now that I can build a 128" for about the same money....150HP
What kind of reliability/ride ability will you see out of a motor like this?

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Smoker of Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
What kind of reliability/ride ability will you see out of a motor like this?
good question.....its not going to be my long hauler for sure but I'll ask my guy.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:44 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
good question.....its not going to be my long hauler for sure but I'll ask my guy.
I've seen some pretty badass motors built, but they end up being labor intensive to maintain and keep running. I get that some are willing to pay that price for grin factor, just curious where that sits in your decision to build such a motor.

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Smoker of Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
I've seen some pretty badass motors built, but they end up being labor intensive to maintain and keep running. I get that some are willing to pay that price for grin factor, just curious where that sits in your decision to build such a motor.
this guy is pretty innovative...his motors aren't any taller than stock so there's no height issues (he raises the pin location on his custom made pistons)...they don't need special fuel (all his tests are done with crap gas)...and thats runnin 11 to 1 to 11.5 to 1 comp ratios....I'm pretty confident that his motors while probably aren't good for touring bikes (but honestly I'm not sure)...its going to be plenty good for what I want...its going in the Chop as the cherry on the top kinda thing eventually....it won't happen quickly...he's a one man operation and has 17 billet head orders ahead of me (thats 15 hours run time EACH on the pair PLUS porting and assembly)
Old 12-26-2011, 05:03 PM
along came Blondie......

Damn!

Old 12-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Smoker of Tires

Ultima cases and crank in 3 days

this motor will be 12.9 to 1 comp on pump gas

Last edited by Crabby Appleton; 12-28-2011 at 12:40 PM.