Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Carburetor
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-14-2008, 01:44 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynageno View Post
What shirt?
I have this great shirt some guy sent me from Kalifornee....
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 06-16-2008, 06:34 AM
mynameisden

Did my 43 ride last week, checked fuel mpg, got 50mpg 55-65mph and 42mpg 75-80mph
Old 02-04-2009, 11:30 PM
Nowhereman

Your mileage is fine.
With a 6 speed I get 40 on the road with a dialed in 45 Mik on my 127.
If your thing is mileage, drop a few teeth on your rear pully.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:09 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
38-40 on my 98" and my 07. Stock 88" was around 43. People getting 50 with a TC, are either rounding off or push starting it at intersections.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:13 AM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
38-40 on my 98" and my 07. Stock 88" was around 43. People getting 50 with a TC, are either rounding off or push starting it at intersections.
wow this is an oldie.......dropped the mik put on a woods carb, same crappy mileage, got an ultra, snow fell........
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 02-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kflhr View Post
Most guys who get big mileage seem to have FI, I wonder how about guys with mikuni 42's?
before the tear down, I used to run about 50 on avg ... running up to about 70mph

over 70, and up to about 85 she drops down to about 45

that's all stock except the pipes and larger jet than stock on the CV carb

when I put her back together I'll have the Mikuni42 on it ... but 'other' stuff will be different too. I'm expecting the overall millage to drop but not below 45 on avg !

I'll be posting up that kind of stuff once I get her back on the road .... 2-3 more weeks, then break in, then RIDE LIKE HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

States I've ridden my scoots in: