Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Let Us Know About Upcoming Rides and Events > Northeast
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Northeast Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Old 02-01-2017, 01:54 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
Have you started looking for your hotel room in the Rockland area? I'd suggest if you haven't that you start. It's a busy time of year and some places book quick, or have restrictive minimum night stays due to the event.
First, as noted, at this time I'm not doing any planning. I would suggest that anyone who feels they have a better plan do so soon as some folks need plenty of lead time to schedule vacation etc.

Second, which "Rockland area"?

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 02-01-2017, 07:17 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabbydoo View Post
First, as noted, at this time I'm not doing any planning. I would suggest that anyone who feels they have a better plan do so soon as some folks need plenty of lead time to schedule vacation etc.

Second, which "Rockland area"?
Sorry Tommy, it was Wayne's post about doing the Maine Lobster Festival.

Kimber

Old 02-02-2017, 07:16 AM
A Delinquent by Birth

SLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sock
Rockland Maine the Lobster Festival

http://www.mainelobsterfestival.com/

Old 02-02-2017, 10:06 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Well, riding to Maine is on the list...

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 02-02-2017, 12:34 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Sorry Tommy, it was Wayne's post about doing the Maine Lobster Festival.
Got ya.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 02-02-2017, 01:01 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I'm up for it, somebody let me know which weekend, I get every other weekend off so hopefully it'll blend in with my schedule.

Meng

TKWSV

Old 02-02-2017, 08:04 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer-Glide View Post
I'm up for it, somebody let me know which weekend, I get every other weekend off so hopefully it'll blend in with my schedule.
Might help for planning if we knew WHICH weekend you have off to start.

As for us.. Anything's going to be tentative until late summer. New project just starting and HOPING they finish on time.

Kimber

Old 02-04-2017, 09:33 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Off the weekends of 8/5 and 8/19. No guarantees about being there (still in school), but it's certainly a possibility. The Pocono area is a good one with decent riding, and it's close enough to be doable for a weekend.

Assuming that I remember how to ride. Haven't touched a bike since Thanksgiving.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 02-04-2017, 10:07 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Go ahead, touch it!, it won't bite.

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 02-05-2017, 08:56 AM
Original Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Stockman View Post

Assuming that I remember how to ride. Haven't touched a bike since Thanksgiving.
I'm not doing much better. Only one short ride across town myself.

Kimber

Last edited by Backroad Mike; 02-06-2017 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:56 PM
Double-D

BigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milk
Ok folks. Let's get this thing nailed down so people can get vacation plans in place or what ever.

The place we stayed last year had a few issues but also had a lot going for it. The ability to take over an entire indoor area was very helpful when the rain started. I think any issues were pretty manageable and will hopefully be corrected by now but who knows. It beat the hell out of the other place.

The riding isn't spectacular but it's not bad and I only come to hang out with you lot anyway.

By staying in that area it makes it possible for Dave and J to join us which is a pretty great reason to do it.

Now is your chance to make your voice heard. We all know the negatives of staying there. The question is if the positives out weigh the negatives. I think they absolutely do but that's me. What say you?

Scabby is willing to make arrangements for us again but this is not his event. He is not responsible so nobody give him any crap. You know how sensitive he is. If you do you risk him not cooking BBQ for us again (HINT...HINT) The one thing we can all agree on is that is the only truly perfect thing about the whole trip.

Lets hear it. Are we doing the same place again or not? What weekend works better if you have a preference?

gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2007
gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2015
Old 02-06-2017, 04:39 PM
the camera guy

Captain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sock
I liked it the place. It was clean, had a bar and a nice pool. I'd be fine going back there again. Like you said Ed, I'm going to hang out with everyone.
I'll wait to see if Russ chimes in but he mentioned wanting to plan something in MD near him instead of PA again. Not sure if that was still an option up for discussion. Either way, as long as the wife lets me out of the house I'd be in. Baby is due end of June so I'd be playing it by ear
Old 02-06-2017, 07:57 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

I'm retired and it's now a bucket list ride.

This and that along the way to there.

Let's do it!

Sent from mobile device prone to spelling errors

MDCGA

To Ride is Life...

Old 02-22-2017, 12:30 PM
Double-D

Quote:
Might help for planning if we knew WHICH weekend you have off to start.

THIS