Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Classics
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Classics The Basement at its best! You may continue to post to existing threads, but please refrain from adding any new threads. Thank you !!!

Old 09-10-2012, 01:22 AM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

Location: Half way down the trail to hell, in a shady meadow of green
Last Cigar Smoked: Nub Dub
squish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Where were you Sept 11, 2001?

Where were you on the day that forever changed US history?

I was at FT. Hood sitting on the turret of my bradley with my (then) Platoon Leader, we had just finished zeroing our vehicle MILES gear (think lazer tag for the army). We were sitting there talking about the upcoming mission when we heard "FLASH, FLASH, FLASH!!! CLEAR THE NET!!!" over the radio. At that point I had been in the army just around 9 years and had never heard that before, but I knew it was going to be serious. We got the report that the first plane had hit the WTC, and I looked at my LT and we both had the same thoughts about that's a really bad day. Then the second round of FLASH traffic erupted over the net. At that point I turned to this poor young LT and said "Pack your bags Sir....we're going to WAR." It took over 12 hours to get a Brigade size element out of the field that day. When we got the bradleys back to the motor pool that night it was sheer madness. The first images I saw were while I was standing in line at the medics office waiting for shots. It was like watching a scene from a movie, and one that I will never forget. 11 years later and I'm getting ready to retire, and we're still at war.

CAUTION! You have entered a Harley based forum. Apply a liberal amount of BS repellent to skin before reading anything by anybody.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:25 AM
Mind the thorns

Margarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMargarita has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I was in Village Inn having breakfast before going to work when a guy ran into the restaurant gasping, "Did you hear what just happened?" I thought someone had flown a small aricraft into a building and didn't realize the magnitude of what happened until listening to NPR a few minutes later when an eyewitness being interviewed suddenly said, "Oh, my god. The tower is gone. It's just gone."

Preserve the planet: repeal the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:11 AM
Hose Dragger

FireDawgStew looks handsome even in Groucho glassesFireDawgStew looks handsome even in Groucho glassesFireDawgStew looks handsome even in Groucho glassesFireDawgStew looks handsome even in Groucho glassesFireDawgStew looks handsome even in Groucho glassesFireDawgStew looks handsome even in Groucho glassesFireDawgStew looks handsome even in Groucho glassesFireDawgStew looks handsome even in Groucho glassesFireDawgStew looks handsome even in Groucho glassesFireDawgStew looks handsome even in Groucho glassesFireDawgStew looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
I was at Kadena Air Base, Okinawa...in the middle of a Typhoon. It was around 11 PM and most of us were in the dayroom watching AFN when they broke in with CNN's live coverage.

The rest of that night we had crews out filling water barriers at the gates and mission critical facilities. Our Okinawan firefighters were there with us the entire time.

About a year later I went to Kandahar Airfield. Today, 10 years after my deployment to Kandahar, I am in Kabul at the airport, training Afghan Air Force firefighters.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:24 AM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Walking through the pod shop at Eglin AFB, one of the civilians told me a plane hit the WTC; I asked if a giant gorilla swatted it.

More has happened in the last 10 years than I can recall. 3 PCS moves and a retirement later, I'm not wearing a uniform anymore, but I'm still as much in the AF as I ever was.

I always felt a little sad towards the end of King Kong, as he was picked off by the buzzing gnats in a place he never wanted to be, but he was drug there by the pride and greed of tiny-minded men. It hurts to watch the big gorilla struggle.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 09-10-2012, 04:31 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
I was downtown Fort Worth at work when someone came in and told us what was going on. The work monitors in our office were turned to CNN and I watched the second plane hit and watched the towers fall. Once I understood it was an attack I knew immediately we would go to war. At the time I had five nephews in various branches of the service.

I spoke several times that day with a gentleman in Emporia whose sister worked in one of the towers. She was unaccounted for and is, to this day, unaccounted for.

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 09-10-2012, 04:55 AM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I was at work when it came over the radio..... we had no access to television at work, and I didn't see the images until I cam home that night.

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 09-10-2012, 05:13 AM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
I was working at the Coast Guard Telecommunications & Information Systems Command 9 miles from the Pentagon.

Sleeveless called when the first plane hit. We watched CNN as the second one hit. One of my E-7s was driving over the 14th St. bridge on the East side of the pentagon when the plane hit the west side.

10 minutes later the Command said go home. DC will be evacuating and you don't want to be caught in that mess.

Watching the dust/smoke rise from the Pentagon and the only airplane sounds in the sky were the fighter jets on patrol was very eerie.

The next day, the duty section personnel were in weapons recertification training and we began "armed" roving watches 24x7.

Kimber

Old 09-10-2012, 05:35 AM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
I had been at work for a little while that morning when one of my coworkers came in and said that a plane had hit the first tower. I went into the doctors lounge, which is where the closest TV was to see what was going on. Saw the second plane hit live. The rest of the day, watching those images on TV was like sitting through a Michael Bay movie. I was in disbelief the rest of the day.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:07 AM
Double-D

huckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suck
I had the day off, watched from home with clenched fists all day.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:12 AM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I was home sleeping, at that time my exfiance was a USAirways employee, so I used to move my hours around to see her more, the phone was ringing off the hook so we finally got up and answered it, on the other line was a friend of hers who worked the tower screaming a us plane hit the towers, we turned on the tv and the rest is history.
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 09-10-2012, 06:38 AM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I had just gotten to work when the first plane hit. We turned a TV on and watched the second plane hit., We went from terrible accident to war in just those few minutes. My daughter was at a conference in Washington DC and a lot of the day was agony waiting to talk to her. They even grounded our rescue helicopters at the hospital.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 09-10-2012, 06:42 AM
Old married man

vindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographic
I was at work listening to it on my Walkman radio. Helpless and angry.

2004 Victory Vegas
2009 FLHTCU
Old 09-10-2012, 07:31 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Was at work, saw second one hit.

Sure wish we knew who we are fighting and they would wear uniforms.

Worse that what we had to do in that Asian country 30 plus years ago.

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 09-10-2012, 07:44 AM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
We were in the DMV getting Patti's drivers license renewed as it was due to expire while we were in Canada. Entered Canada on the 13th and flew into a remote lake for 10 days fishing and hunting. We had no news of the event while we were up there. Crossing the border on the 13th was unreal. 1 hour interview and everything short of a cavity search.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:55 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
At home, saw the second plane hit live, called in to work and they told me to wait to come in until my scheduled shift. Spent the next days launching fully armed F-16s to go after people too stupid not to fly.
What I remember about the aftermath is the eerie silence when the sound of aircraft are a constant in your life.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.