Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Let Us Know About Upcoming Rides and Events > Pacific
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Pacific California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:45 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by KD5CQT View Post
I've been so busy planning and arranging stuff for packing and such that I almost forgot to write this trip up for the board. Since way before I got the new Ultra, Banker Billy, my regular riding buddy down here (and whom Tonya insists is a figment of my imagination ) and I have been planning an expanded repeat of our previous trip to the Left Coast. Last time we did part of it by trailering to Alburqurque, NM. This time it's 2 wheels all the way, and since we are now both retired, the only time limit is how long Billy can stand to be away from his newest grandson.
Plans are to leave my place at around 0400 next Monday, 30 May, meet up 2 exists over on I-10 with Bill's brother-in-law, the proud owner of a new Ultra himself, and after gassing up there, heading west with the first day goal of pulling into the west side of San Antonio by late afternoon/early evening (in time for Happy Hour).
Next day is a run to Carlsbad, NM where we hope to get to the Caverns in White City in time for the evening flight of the bats (looking for one of my ex-s there?), and the next day dedicated to exploring the Caverns from the inside. Alburquereque is next via Petrified Forest and Painted Desert, and next day will see us in Cameron, AZ, just east of Grand Canyon. The BIL has never seen the big ditch, so we will take a couple of days there with day 2 exploring the north rim and then heading into Utah for a few days to see as many of the great sights as we can find. From there it is through Lost Wages to Primm Valley, a good dinner and some rest before heading out to Bakersfield, CA, and hopefully connecting with D-190 whom I hope can swing some time off to ride again with us to the PCH around San Simeon as he did last trip out.
The next few days are planned for riding PCH all the way to Washington and across North Cascades before overnighting in Spokane. Along the way I am hoping Dyna Geno and Sidecar Doug will be around where we can hook up if not for a few miles, at least a little howdy time. After that it is a trip through GLacier Park and southward to Big Sky Ski Resort just NE of Yellowstone Park where we have a free condo for a week to explore the park, Beartooth, Chief Joseph Hwy, etc. and just unwinding in one beautiful place 11,200 feet up. Hopefully from there we can head eastward hopefully to reconnect with Margarita and Mr. 365(long but interesting story we have there) then to Wisconsin to visit the Harley museum in Milwaukee, by way of Sturgis and the Black Hills and then take the scenic route home possibly going through Polar Bear Country.
I have a new notepad and hope to stay in touch and post a few pix along the way depending on the internet situation enroute. This should be something between a 10K and 12K trip depending on how many side tours we decide on, and I fully expect it'll be Labor Day before I get any feeling back in my rear end after this trip.
If you make it up Highway 1 in between Santa Cruz and Frisco, we can for sure hook up with you

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Old 05-23-2011, 05:56 PM
S.S.S.

Sleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milk
Sounds like a great trip. Safe travels!

Old 05-23-2011, 06:09 PM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Man, that sounds like the trip of a lifetime! Post up lots of pics..... ride safe and have fun!

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 05-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Very nice sounding sojurn, be cautious in Glacier though - we went thru last year on the way back from Sturgis and the roads thru the park are an absolute mess.
The entire park infrastructure is being redone and we got caught in a storm waiting on a traffic closure. They must calcify the dirt sections for dust control, because once dry that mud turned to concrete!!!
I'm not over exaggarting this either, thank goodness I tore my bike down this winter, because that shit laughed at my pressure washer and was in every nook and cranny.
I still this spring point out areas on my buds bike that he missed, and their is no recourse other than a stout detergent, HOT water and a good nylon bristle brush......
Take lots of pics

Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01664.jpg (90.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01678.jpg (52.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01700.jpg (59.8 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01710.jpg (51.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01718.jpg (88.0 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01749.jpg (35.8 KB, 34 views)
Old 05-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK47 View Post
Very nice sounding sojurn, be cautious in Glacier though - we went thru last year on the way back from Sturgis and the roads thru the park are an absolute mess.
The entire park infrastructure is being redone and we got caught in a storm waiting on a traffic closure. They must calcify the dirt sections for dust control, because once dry that mud turned to concrete!!!
I'm not over exaggarting this either, thank goodness I tore my bike down this winter, because that shit laughed at my pressure washer and was in every nook and cranny.
I still this spring point out areas on my buds bike that he missed, and their is no recourse other than a stout detergent, HOT water and a good nylon bristle brush......
Take lots of pics

Dirk
Great pics, Dirk. That's some amazing scenery up there.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:22 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Darryl, I'd love to get together with you guys when you stop over in San Antonio. Maybe a few beverages and dinner if your schedule allows. I know a few good places

Old 05-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Mississippi Cajun

KD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyB View Post
Darryl, I'd love to get together with you guys when you stop over in San Antonio. Maybe a few beverages and dinner if your schedule allows. I know a few good places
Billy, I'd thought about calling you and Phreak when I got into town Monday PM. Hoping to end up on the west side of town in the vicinity of Anderson Loop. Any decent motels out that way?
PM me you cell #. Phreak, I need your's, too.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by KD5CQT View Post
Billy, I'd thought about calling you and Phreak when I got into town Monday PM. Hoping to end up on the west side of town in the vicinity of Anderson Loop. Any decent motels out that way?
PM me you cell #. Phreak, I need your's, too.
Sounds good. Will send you my number via PM. There are a few decent hotel options out this way. Will get you a list together this afternoon.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Looked at some hotel options. The Motel 6 by Fiesta Texas is very popular and is running an Internet booking special for $39 a night, The Super 8 on Casa Bella and the La Quinta on Vance Jackson are both $59 a night. Not a lot of mom and pop options down here in the city and you can pay $150 a night if you aren't careful.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:53 AM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Ditto what JeffyTune said about the cold/late spring. I rode over to Port Townsend,WA yesterday on my way to.Sequim and was discussing routes with an old fella and he told me that they had just opened the north cascades pass (WA-20) that goes into eastern WA. Its a beautiful pass... not to be missed. You going to take 101 west or 101 east when you get into Washington?

Old 05-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Mississippi Cajun

KD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
Ditto what JeffyTune said about the cold/late spring. I rode over to Port Townsend,WA yesterday on my way to.Sequim and was discussing routes with an old fella and he told me that they had just opened the north cascades pass (WA-20) that goes into eastern WA. Its a beautiful pass... not to be missed. You going to take 101 west or 101 east when you get into Washington?
Not sure yet which way we want to go. Guess it'll be an as we arrive decision unless I get info before then. Glad to hear the N. Cascades finally is open. I thought it was going to be a very late spring this year. Still waiting to hear conclusively that Glacier is open all the way. Last I heard is they're still working on it.

Any on you on the board that happen to fall on the route we're taking, would love to hook up if not for a few miles of riding, maybe a cup of coffee, or at the end of the ridng day, a few brewskis.