Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Touring Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-03-2009, 12:46 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
popeye I still have my stock seat from my rk if you want to do something with it? I am having a seat done by mean city cycles I will let you know how it turns out.
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 05-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by P 0 P E Y E View Post
LEft side cover for air tank...........awesome. I will look into that.
Thanks.
It's pretty easy to move the air tank from the top of the rear fender to under the left side cover. There's ample room and you can attach the air tank to the left side of the battery box. You will have to remove the plastic cover under the saddle as well as the battery.

In order to get the tank to fit under the side cover, you have to trim part of the bracket that originally attached to the bottom of the radio plate. Try to trim off as much as possible without damaging the tank. Save the trimmed piece as you can use that as a template in the next step.

There are already three holes in the battery box, two large, one somewhat smaller. I chose the smaller hole. I'm not sure of the diameter but it is slightly larger than 3/16". Use one of the old tank screws to attach the trimmed part of your old bracket to the battery box. I set mine up so I had one hole to drill toward the rear of the bike. Level the bracket as best as you can and drill a 3/16" hole in the battery box. Remove the bracket/template. The holes should be exactly 1" apart, center to center.

Take your air tank and install it to the battery box, with the gauge and air fitting facing the rear of the bike, using two leftover bracket screws. Put a few drops of blue Loctite on each screw prior to assembly. The Loctite will help the screws stay snug. Now try attaching the side cover. If it hits the air tank assembly, you'll have to rotate the air gauge and/or air hose fitting. You shouldn't have to turn either piece more than 1/4 of a turn.

Route the air line in such a way as to prevent kinks. I trimmed the original air line and routed it between the upper frame tube and wire loom, then attached it to the air tank. Leave some slack on the bladder end. You want nice smooth bends.

Air up the tank and check for leaks. Reinstall the battery, side cover and plastic cover. Go for a ride. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

Here's a few other pics of the install.

I hope the directions make sense. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Known Associate

susqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube sock
Good pics. I did same thing. By the way, I saw a new 09 cop bike just sold at White's h-d in Lebanon. He explained they may sell to civilians after certain date(May 1st?)
Old 05-03-2009, 06:04 PM
BigAlsRK

Here's mine..........love dem cop bikes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0021.JPG (336.4 KB, 77 views)
Old 05-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Known Associate

susqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube socksusqy doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAlsRK View Post
Here's mine..........love dem cop bikes
Nice bike. What seat you have on?
Old 05-03-2009, 06:21 PM
BigAlsRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by susqy View Post
Nice bike. What seat you have on?
It's Harley Tour Seat that I had modded by Mean City Cycles.........
Old 05-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Al I'll get that black crashbar out to you by this Tuesday.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:41 PM
BigAlsRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkip View Post
Al I'll get that black crashbar out to you by this Tuesday.
Did you ever find out about the highway peg mounts and chipping?
Old 05-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Al. Use a small piece of inner tube between the footpeg mount and the crash-bar.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Al, here's how the bars look. I've have to give a big thanks to PA Glazier for sending me the saddlebag bars. Mark...................

I still have all the chrome bars as well so I can change between the two looks in about an hour.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Ah, er, um, buh....

Here's my cop bike. She's an Electra Glide, tho, 2006 vintage...

She's got a PC III, Jackpot mufflers, Stage I AC, plus some chromey doodads, some black powdercoated stuff as well.

She had 121 miles when I got her last November. She's seen WI, IL, IN, KY this year. I think she has around 7100 miles on her now.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:23 AM
really big member

Jonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbit View Post
Ah, er, um, buh....

Here's my cop bike. She's an Electra Glide, tho, 2006 vintage...

She's got a PC III, Jackpot mufflers, Stage I AC, plus some chromey doodads, some black powdercoated stuff as well.

She had 121 miles when I got her last November. She's seen WI, IL, IN, KY this year. I think she has around 7100 miles on her now.

That is a great looking bike. I really like it.

Have you considered removing the front bumper?

JONAS

Sherlyn Popelka, Fugitive, Aggravated Assault, Golf, DUI

USMC 82-88
Semper Fi, PGRider
2004 Road King
Old 10-30-2009, 06:48 AM
Bon vivant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
That is a great looking bike. I really like it.

Have you considered removing the front bumper?
Thanks.

Yes, I've thought about it. Not sure what I'm gonna do about that, tho.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:51 AM
really big member

Jonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJonas is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Do you have details on the bag emblems?

JONAS

Sherlyn Popelka, Fugitive, Aggravated Assault, Golf, DUI

USMC 82-88
Semper Fi, PGRider
2004 Road King
Old 10-30-2009, 07:02 AM
Bon vivant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Do you have details on the bag emblems?
Yeah, I put those in.

They're Harley re-pop tank emblems, part number 61777-63T for the emblem, part number 61782-93T for the adapter kit. The shape of the emblem mimics the shape of the insert area real well.

I had to do some slight trimming on the top of the emblem to get it to fit as the emblem is slightly taller than the insert area. I probably trimmed off about an 1/8" on the emblem and just a bit off the adapter. I also had to smooth out the adapter as it has a slight curve in it to fit the side of a fuel tank.

The adapter has two way 3M tape attached to it, so basically the whole deal is a metal decal. The emblem attaches to the adapter with a couple of small machine screws.

I got 'em on sale at a dealer's Christmas open house last year. I think I paid like $45 for everything.

Here's a close up of the finished deal..