Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Suspension
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Suspension Shocks, Forks, Front Ends, Stabilizers, etc...

Old 09-02-2013, 11:00 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Dude, but how's the Subi doing?

Or are you in a no kiss and tell deal?

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 09-03-2013, 04:07 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post
Dude, but how's the Subi doing?

Or are you in a no kiss and tell deal?
$1,800 worth of damage. Not as bad as I thought.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 09-03-2013, 07:34 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Getting a good seat shop to narrow the front of the seat is another option. Even though it's no lower, you have a straighter path to the ground as you legs aren't pushed out to the side.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:54 AM
Double-D

K ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sock
I have been doing a lot of research on the Corbins. Apparently they will narrow the front for you when you order it if requested. Probably gonna end up going that way.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by K ren View Post
I have been doing a lot of research on the Corbins. Apparently they will narrow the front for you when you order it if requested. Probably gonna end up going that way.
Have you sat on Taz's Dyna? She got the Harley "Super Reduced Reach" seat for it so that she could be flat footed at a stop. It is supposed to push you 1" forward and 1" lower than the stock seat.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:23 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by K ren View Post
Corbin makes a fantastic seat. You've made a good choice.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 09-03-2013, 08:37 AM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post

Did I ever mention I hate my corbin Dual Tour on the 2011 EG?
Now hanging on the wall in the garage.
What do you want for it?

Sent from my brick-sized SAMSUNG GALAXY Note II using Tapatalk 2...
It's a phone AND a weapon. Much better than a concealed rock.
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 09-03-2013, 08:45 AM
Double-D

K ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sockK ren doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyB View Post
Have you sat on Taz's Dyna? She got the Harley "Super Reduced Reach" seat for it so that she could be flat footed at a stop. It is supposed to push you 1" forward and 1" lower than the stock seat.
The specs on the super reduced reach for the touring bikes only give you an extra half inch down. I have sat on one in the dealership but it wasn't with the front end lowered. My problem with those seats for the touring bikes is I think they look bad on the street glide. Since they are universal for the touring bikes the passenger seat always looks huge on that bike with no tour pack and arm rests to hide it. I had the harley reach seat on the deluxe and while I didn't dislike it, I don't think it was any more comfortable on long trips than the stock seat. I am hoping for a little more comfort from the corbin if I can get it broke in. I understand that takes a while.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:11 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Stockman View Post
Corbin makes a fantastic seat. You've made a good choice.

I've been hit or miss on the Corbins. The one on my XJ600 was great. The one on the Triumph was slightly less comfortable than granite.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:36 PM
Amor Vincit Omnia......

Last Cigar Smoked: Drew Estates Kuba Kuba (Lovely!)
stupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Chip and K-ren-
I would have highly suggested looking around for someone to make a custom saddle for the new scoot, such as a place out here on the coast that makes them. They would literally custom mold the seat, offer things like gel instead of the regular foam padding, and would be able to thoroughly accommodate what would be required for her shorter inseam. As some others have mentioned, although the Corbin seats are indeed very high quality, the comfort level is hit or miss at best.
I hope you find a workable solution, but I agree with what others have said here-
DON'T LOWER IT!!!!!!!!
Good luck with finding a comfortable solution, and congrats on your new scoot!

just a big ol' Doof.....
I MARRIED me a PIRATE!!!....
ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM