Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Book Reviews
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Book Reviews Read a good one..or bad one. Tell us about it here.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:26 PM
DD
Lowest of the Low - XLIII

Location: Northern Ohio... the grid paper of motorcycle riding
yolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suck
Talking The Earth Abides

Listening to the book, The Earth Abides written in 1949, a story of the fall of civilization from deadly disease and its rebirth.

Just got a kick out of a certain passage where the main character is trying to explain states and in particular the state of Arizona to his son, 20 years after the fall of the world.

The main character says look at this map. Arizona is the area inside the yellow lines.

So the son responds, "I suppose they had a fence around it?".

The father responds, "Well I doubt that they had"...
and the son says,"that's right, they wouldn't have needed one where the river was."...

Little did the writer know what a touchy subject he put in his book 60 years ahead of time....

3/4 into the story and it's a slow moving book, but I'm enjoying it. That part just got me laughing and I had to share.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:55 PM
Cereal Killer

BarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBarAndShield is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKC Fatboy View Post
There is nothing like the feeling of a clean pistol to put a stride in your step.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:04 AM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
can you hum a few bars?

go greased lightening...
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 08-05-2012, 06:52 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know

Old 08-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza View Post
Listening to the book, The Earth Abides

Old 08-07-2012, 09:12 PM
DD

yolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uesque View Post
guess you don't do audiobooks?
Must be one of those purists... "I'd rather go without books... then have them any other way than how god intended."

since I draw 6-12 hours a day, i don't have much time to read, but I go through 2-3 books a week from audible, while I draw. My library of audiobooks is getting pretty extensive. I currently I have 484 titles I own and I've gone through hundreds from the library.

Just listened to the last book by Z.A.Recht that he was in the middle of writing when he died and was completed by another author. Sad to see that guys life and work cut so short. He was doing a great series.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
Dude.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg top-taps-85-111_002.jpg (47.2 KB, 16 views)
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:18 PM
DD

Tags
arizona, The Earth Abides