Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Computer Talk
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Computer Talk Have a computer question, problem or internet issue? The computer talk is here.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Ya router and satellite box is in basement. Do you unplug router? I used to just cycle power, with everything hooked up. They are telling me to unplug router from modem, cycle down power to modem, turn off computer, and repower modem and computer seperately. Does this work?

Little trick now. I was thinking turning off breaker in garage. But unplugging router is tougher.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
Well, if it's alignment, I wouldn't be much help. But the other stuff I can help with. I know you are out of the house this Saturday, but maybe a weekend after that some time I can arrange to head up there. May end up with some other Doofs and zINt types in tow.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
I put a livestock fence up in front of it year ago. Its point above it, barely. I know they are gonna blame fence, but its been a year, did it last Memorial day weeekend.
I wonder, with a 1 degree margin of error, depending on how far down the post is buried, could frost heave have changed it enough to ball it up for you?

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 05-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
My wireless connection is not working. Luckily computer used to be LR, and there is ethernet cable.

I tried ctrl F2, with the towe symbol. When I got to connect to, from start menu, and click wirelss, it says failed.

In the past when having problems, I have tried the cable, with no better luck, and the desktop, with same results.

This almost sounds like laptop is bad, since it won't even look for wireless sources???
Old 05-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Excommunicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by why_me View Post
Well, if it's alignment, I wouldn't be much help. But the other stuff I can help with. I know you are out of the house this Saturday, but maybe a weekend after that some time I can arrange to head up there. May end up with some other Doofs and zINt types in tow.
I didn't mean to be picky about Saturday, majority of the time I am just sitting here.

Wildblue called Karen, and offered to come out and look at it free. She just emailed me the #. So I need to call them back.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Excommunicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dan View Post
I wonder, with a 1 degree margin of error, depending on how far down the post is buried, could frost heave have changed it enough to ball it up for you?
Possiblly. As far as trees growing, you would think spring would be ok, since no leafs?? This started getting bad a few weeks ago. Frost heave??
Old 05-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
OK, I know I'm old and use ancient technology.........but it works.

Any reason you don't use DSL? Switched to it several years ago and have no problems with it.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 05-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Excommunicated

I wish I could use DSL, its faster. But not available to me. Were not all city slickers. No natural gas, no sewer, no water, and no cable.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Excommunicated

Good news. Talked to Wildblue, gonna stop by around 5 on Friday. No charge. He thinks it is alignment. It seems to go out about 4pm.

Any guess on my new wirelss problem??
Old 05-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
When mine goes down, I pull the power plug for like 15 seconds, then fire it back up. That fixes it. That and reboot your computer.

But I think you can't get to your router, right?

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 05-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Excommunicated

Router is beyond my reach.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

However you work it, that's where I'd start.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 05-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Excommunicated

Rebooting brought back the wireless on the laptop. What BS these things are. They are worse then Harleys.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:43 PM
gAZINTAs

Hodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sock
You got the manual?

Old 05-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Excommunicated

Ya, but I haven't read it.