Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Computer Talk
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Computer Talk Have a computer question, problem or internet issue? The computer talk is here.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:42 AM
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyB View Post
I'm just busting your chops, I know that Mac makes a better OS. The mini is a great entry level Mac but if you add in a new keyboard and monitor from Apple to go with it the price gets up to $1,300.

Stacy really wants a Mac Powerbook when her Gateway laptop gives out. Those things are awesome!!
The beauty of the mini is that it will run any existing keyboard, mouse, and monitor you WERE running on your PC... those items can be replaced later as they die off...

Next...
Old 05-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
The beauty of the mini is that it will run any existing keyboard, mouse, and monitor you WERE running on your PC... those items can be replaced later as they die off...

Next...
That's true but that could be another 5 years...lol Circa 2000, PCs had 15" CRT 4x3 aspect ratio monitors with max resolution of 1024x768. What monitor do you have on your Mac?

Old 05-30-2008, 12:06 PM
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyB View Post
That's true but that could be another 5 years...lol Circa 2000, PCs had 15" CRT 4x3 aspect ratio monitors with max resolution of 1024x768. What monitor do you have on your Mac?
I bet she has a 17".... and she can pick up a 19" for $200 anywhere...

Me, I've got the Apple 20"..... very nice...

next...
Old 05-30-2008, 12:16 PM
Swiss Guard

phreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suck
Tonya, are you sure your not just missing a bolt or something?

Old 05-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
I bet she has a 17".... and she can pick up a 19" for $200 anywhere...

Me, I've got the Apple 20"..... very nice...

next...
Even if she does have the 17" 4x3 CRT...If upgrading to the Mac, I would suggest at least a 19" widescreen to fully enjoy it. I'm running a 24" Sun Microsystems monitor on my hot rodded PC. Took it off of the Blade I was running at the house

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak View Post

Old 05-30-2008, 12:55 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak View Post

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 05-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Swiss Guard

phreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suck
Old 05-31-2008, 06:09 AM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Be sure to locktite everything.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 05-31-2008, 10:32 AM
Excommunicated

Bofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBofinn has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
You can test to see if it's the fan by putting your finger on the middle of it, to slow it down for .5 seconds or so. see if the noise changes.

Don't try and oil it yourself, just replace the thing.

CPU's never make noise. It is the fan or a hard drive.