Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Random Crap
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Random Crap I'm just sayin'.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Last Cigar Smoked: Probably a Swisher Sweet
Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
Fun with Dunlop

Saw a place on the Dunlop tire site to send questions or comments in...

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 9:38 AM
To: Hansard, Greg A
Subject: Re: Dunlop Tire Contact Form Submission

Greg,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your Dunlop motorcycle tire questions. Unfortunately, there are no plans at this time to expand the tire size selection or cosmetics of the Dunlop Elite 3 tire model.
We're very sorry.

"Dunlop Tire"
<website@dunlopmo
torcycle.com> To
(deleted)@dunloptire.com
09/08/2009 10:01 cc
AM
Subject
Dunlop Tire Contact Form Submission
Please respond to
(deleted)

* Dunlop Tire Contact Form Submission *

Sent On : 9/8/2009 7:01:44 AM
Address :
City :
State :
Zip Code :

Email : (deleted)

Comments/Questions :
Do you have any plans to offer the Elite 3 touring tire in a wide whitewall? I assume you people understand that some older folks like myself need wide whitewalls? C'mon guys.

Yes, I currently use Dunlop tires.
No, I would not like more information about Dunlop Tires.
No, I would not like to be notified of Dunlop events and information.

Greg
Old 09-09-2009, 10:06 AM
Doof terrorist killer

Iamopie2 probably grills a mean steakIamopie2 probably grills a mean steakIamopie2 probably grills a mean steakIamopie2 probably grills a mean steakIamopie2 probably grills a mean steakIamopie2 probably grills a mean steakIamopie2 probably grills a mean steakIamopie2 probably grills a mean steakIamopie2 probably grills a mean steakIamopie2 probably grills a mean steakIamopie2 probably grills a mean steak
Dang it. We wide white wall guys are pretty much limited to the stockers. I want thos E3's too.

Iraq sucks...about 43 times more than you would expect.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Actually I just had this discussion with a guy who rides a Valkyrie. He wanted the WWW's also. Of course he rides in yellow and cream colored chaps that match the bike...

Old 09-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Bummer that they're not adding other sizes.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 09-09-2009, 12:02 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
wonder if in a few years they will make them for the new baggers.
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 09-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uesque View Post
Actually I just had this discussion with a guy who rides a Valkyrie. He wanted the WWW's also. Of course he rides in yellow and cream colored chaps that match the bike...

I'm seein' it... in my mind... I'm seein' it. Well, I do admire the fashion risk...

Greg
Old 09-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Doof Clenas Member

HarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kflhr View Post
This seems to be their canned response to the question about the new touring sizes:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your Dunlop motorcycle tire questions. Unfortunately, there are no plans at this time to expand the tire size selection of the Dunlop Elite 3 tire model. We're very sorry. However, we do hope to be able to introduce an alternative replacement tire model for these vehicles sometime during the Spring of 2010."
Old 09-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamopie2 View Post
Dang it. We wide white wall guys are pretty much limited to the stockers. I want thos E3's too.
Actually, I'm running the Avon Venom-X WWW on my '06 Deluxe and so far, I'm very happy with them. Certainly far superior to the stockers. I would very much like to try the E-3 but since they obviously don't care about my business, nor that of yours and many others, I'll stick with the Avons for now.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 09-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabbydoo View Post
Actually, I'm running the Avon Venom-X WWW on my '06 Deluxe and so far, I'm very happy with them. Certainly far superior to the stockers. I would very much like to try the E-3 but since they obviously don't care about my business, nor that of yours and many others, I'll stick with the Avons for now.
Just curious, have you run them long enough to take a guess at the longevity, mileage wise?

Greg
Old 09-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Doof Clenas Member

HarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withHarleyWood is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Iron View Post
Just curious, have you run them long enough to take a guess at the longevity, mileage wise?
I ran Avon Venom on my Heritage prior to selling it. It had 12k on the rear and still looked real good, my guess is it would have made 20k easily.

Good tyres...just spelt phunny
Old 09-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kflhr View Post

Didn't they just develop new tires for the new sizes? They don't want to cannibalize sales from their OEM replacement they recoup their investment in the D407 line.

Last edited by Uesque; 09-09-2009 at 02:34 PM.