Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Classics
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Classics The Basement at its best! You may continue to post to existing threads, but please refrain from adding any new threads. Thank you !!!

Old 03-02-2008, 09:37 AM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr View Post
35-40 ft/lbs...but I still can't find the bolt size...
Do you have a parts book? I have one, but for a Road King... don't know how much crossover there is on motormount bolts...

Old 03-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Type O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
35-40 ft/lbs...but I still can't find the bolt size...
where is there an engine mount on the head ? she said head

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 03-02-2008, 09:46 AM
43rd Prophet

swmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLET View Post
where is there an engine mount on the head ? she said head
Yeah one of the 2 bolts...one into each head...

I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788

Old 03-02-2008, 10:19 AM
breaker of tables

meanbean is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmeanbean is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmeanbean is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmeanbean is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmeanbean is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmeanbean is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmeanbean is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmeanbean is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmeanbean is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmeanbean is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmeanbean is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Its a 3/8-16 X 1.25 and the washer is 1/8 thick. The torque is 35 - 40 foot pounds.

Ms. T, this is a common size bolt you can get at the hardware store. Ask for the above size in grade 8 and you will be set.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:26 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanbean View Post
Its a 3/8-16 X 1.25 and the washer is 1/8 thick. The torque is 35 - 40 foot pounds.

Ms. T, this is a common size bolt you can get at the hardware store. Ask for the above size in grade 8 and you will be set.
No special thead? And I don't have a torque wrench. . .are they expensive? I'll be going to Home Depot in Hobbs today. . .

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 03-02-2008, 10:33 AM
43rd Prophet

swmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_tapestry View Post
No special thead? And I don't have a torque wrench. . .are they expensive? I'll be going to Home Depot in Hobbs today. . .
Not 'spensive, just ask someone where the grade 8 bolts are...the thread count is 16/per inch and it's 1 1/4" long...and back to what I said earlier...pretty tight, you'll not likely be able to strip it out but use the loctite don't put a really long wrench on it and you'll be fine...

I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:37 AM
pairofnines

I see a:

In ms_tapestry future>

Just another addition to the tool box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FORTUNE-TELLER-1950S.jpg (4.4 KB, 87 views)
Old 03-02-2008, 10:44 AM
pairofnines

Quote:
Not 'spensive, just ask someone where the grade 8 bolts are...the thread count is 16/per inch and it's 1 1/4" long...and back to what I said earlier...pretty tight, you'll not likely be able to strip it out but use the loctite don't put a really long wrench on it and you'll be fine...
Just tighten it till it snaps

and then back off a quarter round>

Note to ms_tapestry>

THIS IS A JOKE ---

DON'T DO IT!

On a serious note > You will at some point want a torque wrench since you are serious about doing your own maintenance>
Old 03-02-2008, 10:45 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Thank you sir. . .and thank you everyone who helped this morning. . . I'll pick up the necessary goods in Hobbs and report back. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pairofnines View Post

I see a:

In ms_tapestry future>

Just another addition to the tool box.
My brother, a mechanic, inherited my Dad's very extensive collection of Snap on tools. My Dad was a mechanic by trade. If I'd only been able to look into the future I might have insisted on my fair share. The name Snap On still gives me a little thrill. . .

Old 03-02-2008, 10:52 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Lost my bolt one time, and purchased one from a Hardware store. It worked fine!

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:53 AM
43rd Prophet

Quote:
The name Snap On still gives me a little thrill. . .
Makes me kinda moist too...

Old 03-02-2008, 10:55 AM
pairofnines

Quote:
Thank you sir. . .and thank you everyone who helped this morning. . . I'll pick up the necessary goods in Hobbs and report back. . .

My brother, a mechanic, inherited my Dad's very extensive collection of Snap on tools. My Dad was a mechanic by trade. If I'd only been able to look into the future I might have insisted on my fair share. The name Snap On still gives me a little thrill. . .
Can you request a "do over" on the "divie">

My Dad was a mechanic by trade also:

When his tools were divided everyone was in line wanting their share so the portions were small---but by then I had most of my own> I did get a 3/4" inch drive socket set---It is a set of "man tools" to say the least-- Not a lot of use for bike repair to say the least but if you ever need a 2 1/2 inch socket I have one you can borrow>
Old 03-02-2008, 10:56 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pairofnines View Post
Just tighten it till it snaps

and then back off a quarter round>

Note to ms_tapestry>

THIS IS A JOKE ---

DON'T DO IT!

On a serious note > You will at some point want a torque wrench since you are serious about doing your own maintenance>
I recognized the humor sir. . . and I will be looking at and probably purchasing a torque wrench this morning. . .

Old 03-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Same as it ever was.

duhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygiene
I don't think Home Depot sells torque wrenches...

Old 03-02-2008, 11:00 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhast View Post
I don't think Home Depot sells torque wrenches...
Then I'll stop at the auto parts store. . .I will not be deterred. . .I will not be discouraged. . .I will persevere. . .I will ride again. . .