Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Computer Talk
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Computer Talk Have a computer question, problem or internet issue? The computer talk is here.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:53 AM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I just got a new Canon PIXMA MG4220 printer. It scans, copies, prints. Didn't see the need to have to fax capability.

It's also wireless-capable, but I'm running our two laptops plus the desktop through a print server.

Yeah, it's an inkjet. But it works nicely, although I haven't tried it yet on photo/graphics prints.

This unit replaces an age old Epson Stylus 880, which I got as a throw in with my first Dell desktop eons ago.

Replacement ink cartridge prices seem to be reasonable.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
Our last couple printers have been HP Officejets that copy, print, scan. It can fax too, I just don't leave a phone line connected because too many places out there cold call looking for fax machines to send their BS Business propositions.

Our current one is the Officejet 6500 series. It has wireless capability, but since it sits next to the router, it's hardwired. I have no problems scanning and printing from my wireless laptop. Just make sure you download the HP drivers to the device you want to work from.
What he said.

Meng

TKWSV

Old 01-04-2014, 07:31 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
You might check the cost of replacement cartridges though. HP probably isn't the cheapest, but then you don't have to buy the replacements from Best Buy or Staples. They can be bought over the web for much cheaper.
What he said part II

Meng

TKWSV

Old 01-04-2014, 07:35 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

And for quick printing, non professional stuff, set your print quality on fast draft black and white. Saves a TON of ink.

Mine is the HP officejet J6480. It even prints decent photo's too.

Meng

TKWSV

Old 01-04-2014, 08:55 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Wait I'm a printer
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 01-04-2014, 09:03 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Our last couple printers have been HP Officejets that copy, print, scan. It can fax too, I just don't leave a phone line connected because too many places out there cold call looking for fax machines to send their BS Business propositions.

Our current one is the Officejet 6500 series. It has wireless capability, but since it sits next to the router, it's hardwired. I have no problems scanning and printing from my wireless laptop. Just make sure you download the HP drivers to the device you want to work from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer-Glide View Post
What he said.
Add me to this list. Last purchase while the business was still operating was an HP8200. It will print two sided, copy, fax, scan (multiple formats including pdf), can run 'hard wired' or wifi. I've been very pleased with it.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 01-05-2014, 11:15 AM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
If you want color, you're likely looking at an ink jet printer. I have had an HP 5610 that scans copies, prints and faxes. I can't tell you how convenient it is to be able to copy and fax from home at times. The quality is decent, if I wanted a photo printer I would buy a dedicated photo printer. I buy my cartridges from HP Direct, they are cheaper than Wal-Mart when they send me coupons in email

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 01-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
For less than $200 you can buy a Brother COLOR laser printer that will also scan and copy. Ink sucks.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:18 AM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by why_me View Post
For less than $200 you can buy a Brother COLOR laser printer that will also scan and copy. Ink sucks.

Pretty sure they aren't color laser printers.

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[