Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Ask The Techs...
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Ask The Techs... This is the way it works. Post up your question in the appropriate Forum, then put a link to it here. We'll ask some very savvy folks to monitor the posts here and answer your question. If you are a Tech answering a question, please do it in the linked thread rather than here. In this way, we can build info in the appropriate Forum. Thanks.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:20 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Type O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
is there a steel plate

Between the engine and the trans on an evo

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 01-29-2013, 12:13 PM
Outlaw

Last Cigar Smoked: Camel WIDES
Sidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
There shouldn't be.

"It's not the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog." - Michael Vick.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:27 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Type O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidecar Doug View Post
There shouldn't be.
I asked this because my evo is puking oil out of the crank breather , Iv cleaned and check the oil pump check balls and it's still doing it . some one told my brother that there's a plate between the two and it cause's this problem in all the EVO"S after time and the only fix is to replace the engine . I see what looks like aluminium in the oil something has come apart obviously but there's no unusual noise. Its so bad that it pumps the oil out as soon as it starts cranking Any idea's of what would cause this

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 01-29-2013, 01:59 PM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Check the oil level in the primary. The seal between the primary and crankcase can go although I think the oil usually flows to the primary rather than from it. Which of the three is losing oil?

Old 01-29-2013, 02:20 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Iv been doing some reading on problems like mine and most of them point to the scavenger side of the pump but I think there must be more wrong , like a seal as you have pointed out due to the volume of oil it's pumping . I loose three qrts within a few revolutions of cranking . im going in and pulling the cam cover side apart . does any one have a diagram of this side or the oil pump cercut

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 01-29-2013, 02:55 PM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLET View Post
Iv been doing some reading on problems like mine and most of them point to the scavenger side of the pump but I think there must be more wrong , like a seal as you have pointed out due to the volume of oil it's pumping . I loose three qrts within a few revolutions of cranking . im going in and pulling the cam cover side apart . does any one have a diagram of this side or the oil pump cercut
I have a manual for the FXR at home that also covers the FLs, I'll see what I can find tonight.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:30 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Sounds like a scavenge issue. Pull oil pump cover & make sure the key on the pump shaft didn't shear--i.e., the gears turn w/ the engine.

Check ball would only be a big issue if it was leaking in statically.

Pulling cam cover on that bike is a bit more complex than a TC.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 01-29-2013, 04:48 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uesque View Post
I have a manual for the FXR at home that also covers the FLs, I'll see what I can find tonight.
thank you any pics would help
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonChief View Post
Sounds like a scavenge issue. Pull oil pump cover & make sure the key on the pump shaft didn't shear--i.e., the gears turn w/ the engine.

Check ball would only be a big issue if it was leaking in statically.

Pulling cam cover on that bike is a bit more complex than a TC.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
thank you for the info ans help , iv had the cam cover off before when i replace the cam . i remember the steps but Ive been trying to remember if there's a shim under the scavenger gear/breather or not . i haven't torn it down yet but plan on doing it tomorrow

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 02-01-2013, 12:33 PM
Doof Clenas Member

ordered a new oil pump today and I also found a repair manual on dvd for 9 dollars so i got that also thanks for the help

Russ

doofs at the beach