Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Riding Stories and Adventures
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 01-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidecar Doug View Post
"Waiter, there's a biker in my soup!"

Comes with the appetizer.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:13 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr View Post
Gerbing heated gloves and sock liners...jus' sayin'...

Glad yer back safe...it was only 23*...how warm was it when ya got down the hill?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer-Glide View Post
Ditto what John says. Gerbing. I also put in Heat Demons grip heaters. The grips aren't heated, they're inserts that go INSIDE your handle bars so you can use the existing grip on your bike. They're nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorns View Post
Carhartt's arctic bibs with Gerbing sock and glove liners, and fork wind deflectors with soft lowers.....toasty!

Thorns
Hmmm, all you cold weather folks talk about how expensive CA is to live in, but it seems like you spend enough on cold weather gear to more than make up for it.

just sayin

Joe

Separated at birth? You decide
Old 01-20-2008, 09:44 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak View Post
regional dialect referring to overalls.
Bibs and overalls are different.

Bibs have straps that come over your shoulders, and don't cover your arms.

Overalls... they go over all... have sleeves, etc.....
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 01-20-2008, 09:46 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Snowmobile bibs and a snowmobile coat... If I can ride a sled at 10 below and be too warm, a bike at 30 ought to be just dandy. Never had anything heated except the grips.

Of course, riding a snowmobile requires a bit more "exercise", but there is also a 40* difference.
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 01-20-2008, 10:16 PM
harleys_n_laddertrucks

Trucky911 has failed to amuse us
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post
Snowmobile bibs and a snowmobile coat... If I can ride a sled at 10 below and be too warm, a bike at 30 ought to be just dandy. Never had anything heated except the grips.

Of course, riding a snowmobile requires a bit more "exercise", but there is also a 40* difference.
We Michiganders know something about cold....

trucky911
Old 01-21-2008, 12:52 AM
Outlaw

Last Cigar Smoked: Camel WIDES
Sidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasilva View Post
Hmmm, all you cold weather folks talk about how expensive CA is to live in, but it seems like you spend enough on cold weather gear to more than make up for it.

just sayin

Joe
My cold weather gear consists of an extra pair of sox, leather jacket, and gloves with fingers.

"It's not the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog." - Michael Vick.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:08 AM
The Cisco Kid

Last Cigar Smoked: Backwoods Mild - Honey Berry
TJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Burrr! The ride to work in the AM has been tough the past week. Lows in the lower 20's and 7:00am don't bring many digits to add to the temp with it.

I found that my chaps are pretty good for the legs. They can get cold without much worries. At least during my 20 min. commute. However, the boys do have to dig their way out once I get to my desk.

I have a gerbing's jacket liner which I throw my HD Switchback jacket over. So no issues there.

BUT MY HANDS!!! Dear Lord... I need something for my hands. My left hand gets way colder than my right. But both are icicles in a mere 20 mins. I have tried two sets of Dakine gloves... one of them being for snowmobile drivers. They suck. I guess I am going to have to break down and get heated gloves for next winter.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:00 AM
pairofnines

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Willy View Post
Burrr! The ride to work in the AM has been tough the past week. Lows in the lower 20's and 7:00am don't bring many digits to add to the temp with it.

I found that my chaps are pretty good for the legs. They can get cold without much worries. At least during my 20 min. commute. However, the boys do have to dig their way out once I get to my desk.

I have a gerbing's jacket liner which I throw my HD Switchback jacket over. So no issues there.

BUT MY HANDS!!! Dear Lord... I need something for my hands. My left hand gets way colder than my right. But both are icicles in a mere 20 mins. I have tried two sets of Dakine gloves... one of them being for snowmobile drivers. They suck. I guess I am going to have to break down and get heated gloves for next winter.
Assuming you have fingers at that point>

Remember frost bite is rather unforgiving>

PJ had a dose of that back in the 60'S when we lived in Alaska>

Still gives her some problems if we don't watch the cold>

Right now might be a better time than next winter>

Not preachin>

Just suggestin>

Last edited by pairofnines; 01-22-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:30 AM
Natural born delinquent

RKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Gerbing heated gloves and sock liners...jus' sayin'...

Glad yer back safe...it was only 23*...how warm was it when ya got down the hill?
Don't forget about the riding thong...

Quote:
Seconds...ya hook up a plug to yer battery which ya stash under yer seat...all the accessories come with a harness that plugs together...the socks to the pants, pants to vest...etc (or a harness to the waist for connection to any above accouterments)
And, as an added benefit, all the current flowing around your body creates a magnetic field that works as a signal changer.

~ Royal Order of Knights d'Catnip ~

E PLURIBUS DOOFUM
Old 01-21-2008, 09:49 AM
43rd Prophet

swmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKotter View Post
Don't forget about the riding thong... how could anyone possibly forget that horrendous visual!!!

And, as an added benefit, all the current flowing around your body creates a magnetic field that works as a signal changer.
Works as a lightening rod too...

I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788

Old 01-22-2008, 11:50 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Big MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Was riding right up until the roads became permanently ice and snow covered.

Winter is sucking even more then usual this year.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Captain Accuweather

Dogbreath1956 has failed to amuse us
so much for global warming.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Ghost-Faced Doof

Deejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suckDeejay can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Willy View Post
Try one of the boss's products in your gloves......

Old 01-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
REI has some kind of "hand" warming pad. You stick them in the gloves, I tried some on the way back from Sacramento last week. Also a couple in the pants pockets and shirt pockets. Wore a bakalava on the head after I got down to the big city and picked one up.

Still need some heated something someday, maybe the Gerbing jacket liner and gloves, with the heat controller.

And wait for the heated floorboards.

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...