Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Seats, Saddles, Pillions, Backrests, Luggage Racks & Paks
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 04-29-2016, 03:37 PM
gAZINTAs

Last Cigar Smoked: Peterson Fermoy B10-'Ruins of Isengard'
Settertude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSettertude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSettertude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSettertude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSettertude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSettertude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSettertude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSettertude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSettertude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSettertude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSettertude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Fiona has new Parts

The green bike now has a passenger sit on thingy and a rack/rest.
This will be nice when not sporting the Tour pack.
Fiona is happy!

"Well, I'll be a suck egg mule"
Old 04-29-2016, 04:19 PM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
ooooooh......aaaaahhhhh........

verra nice!

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 04-29-2016, 04:49 PM
gAZINTAs

Settertude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSettertude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSettertude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSettertude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSettertude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSettertude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSettertude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSettertude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSettertude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSettertude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withSettertude is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Its just plain fun messing with parts and pieces, goodads and funsomes.
:-)

Old 04-30-2016, 07:20 AM
Pompous Prick

Last Cigar Smoked: Punch maduro
Slick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milk
Fiona has a nice rear.

Curt

Old 04-30-2016, 07:51 AM
gAZINTAs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Fiona has a nice rear.
She has been working on it. Those TV infomercials lied about tush rehab, so she got serious.

Old 04-30-2016, 07:56 AM
Augmented

Last Cigar Smoked: Saf Fran OG
Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
Vera Nice! Good thing us woodbutchers have a mechanical side, or we'd be fudging up all kinds of stuffs!

B0B

L.Ron Hoover Welcomes you to the
First Church of Appliantology
Old 04-30-2016, 09:06 AM
gAZINTAs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Turtle View Post
Vera Nice! Good thing us woodbutchers have a mechanical side, or we'd be fudging up all kinds of stuffs!

B0B
ha ha--no kidding. I just had an episode. Removed the front loader from the tractor...done. Installed the mower deck...done.
I am no mechanic. The way my shoulder is so fudged up and the angle of reaching underneath to engage the mower shaft to the PTO--damn I hate that. Its done and the 'Princess' got robbed of mowing the lawns this time. I was having so much fun while adjusting the level--I just kept going.

Old 04-30-2016, 01:50 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Tres bon!

Seating/backrest options are nice.

I have a custom-built detachable tour pak bracket, that eliminates those hoop thingies.

Got it offa eBay.......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-08-Cust...FN3kLA&vxp=mtr

Old 04-30-2016, 03:51 PM
gAZINTAs

Hey Orbit--that is a nice lookin' ride ya got there! What seat is that?
Love the hockey puks.

Old 04-30-2016, 05:18 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Settertude View Post
Hey Orbit--that is a nice lookin' ride ya got there! What seat is that?
Love the hockey puks.
The 'b' is a retired police bike.

The seat is the standard air ride saddle, the pillion is from Mustang.

Old 05-01-2016, 05:52 AM
gAZINTAs

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbit View Post
The 'b' is a retired police bike.

The seat is the standard air ride saddle, the pillion is from Mustang.

Cool. I really like that set up. Tell me about those lowers.
I'm hoping to get hold of some police saddle bags at some point. I love the classic look, but want to be able to lock.

Old 05-01-2016, 08:08 AM
Bon vivant!

Quote:
Cool. I really like that set up. Tell me about those lowers.
I'm hoping to get hold of some police saddle bags at some point. I love the classic look, but want to be able to lock.
The lowers are standard Harley vented. I bought 'em new offa eBay, in primer, had a local shop paint 'em black. Excuse me, Vivid Black.

Woulda been cheaper just to order 'em already done.

Plenty of take-off police saddlebags on eBay. Look around for nice ones. Get 'em in black as you already have black leather bags.

Only thing you'd need to do is order the correct keyed-to-your-bike locks. Those ain't too terribly spendy.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:21 AM
gAZINTAs

Quote:
The lowers are standard Harley vented. I bought 'em new offa eBay, in primer, had a local shop paint 'em black. Excuse me, Vivid Black.

Woulda been cheaper just to order 'em already done.

Plenty of take-off police saddlebags on eBay. Look around for nice ones. Get 'em in black as you already have black leather bags.

Only thing you'd need to do is order the correct keyed-to-your-bike locks. Those ain't too terribly spendy.
I've been looking off and on and not had great luck. Lots of left or rights and banged up ones or with no hardware.
I'd prefer a set with hardware and hockey pucks ready to go, but inexpensive.

Old 05-01-2016, 08:25 AM
Bon vivant!

Quote:
I've been looking off and on and not had great luck. Lots of left or rights and banged up ones or with no hardware.
I'd prefer a set with hardware and hockey pucks ready to go, but inexpensive.
Plant a bug in the ear of your local Harley shop service manager.

Some Harley shops customize returned police bikes and put standard bags on 'em. The take-offs have to end up somewhere.

If your local shop doesn't do this, perhaps the SM knows who does.

Old 05-01-2016, 09:59 AM
gAZINTAs

Quote:
Plant a bug in the ear of your local Harley shop service manager.

Some Harley shops customize returned police bikes and put standard bags on 'em. The take-offs have to end up somewhere.

If your local shop doesn't do this, perhaps the SM knows who does.

That's a great idea. I have 4 dealers within 30 miles or less.
Thank you.