Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Interview, the Series archives
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Interview, the Series archives Here's the interviews from the past...

Old 01-03-2010, 10:41 AM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

Location: Half way down the trail to hell, in a shady meadow of green
Last Cigar Smoked: Nub Dub
squish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
iggy_montoya by Scabbydoo

Here's the moment you've been waiting for. The following questions are for none other than the owner of the famous Pimp Bagger

1.¿Habla Español? ¿Por que?

My first language was Spanish....we moved to the United States in the early 60's. Here is a good story from kindergarten regarding the use of the English language.

After about a week or so in school and my "Spinglish" improving. I came home from school and my mother asked how things were going. I told her fine, but there was this kid, that the teacher kept calling his name and he would not answer. My mom asked "what is his name?" I said...and this is phonetically spelled as best as I can recall....Julio Eastben....she started to laugh and said that is you...she just cant pronounce your name.

2.What is your name and why do you want to kill me? How did you come by that nom de plume?

Well, Iggy Montoya...if you have ever seen the Princess Bride...that is where it came from...my daughter Rachel, when she a little girl, said that, that was me...or I acted like the character in that movie and it has stuck for twenty years or so.

3.Where did you start life and how did you end up in FL?

I grew up in Baltimore...the Towson area. A few years after college I moved to Northeast PA, Lake Sheridan, way up in the Poconos, about 43 miles south of Binghampton NY. After a few years there, I started my own company, buying and selling paper converting equipment. One of my competitors, purchased me out and moved me to Saint Augustine FL, to take over their sales division. It was not a hard decision moving from the cold north to sunny Florida.

4.Have you ever made an ‘honest’ living and if so, doing what and what are you doing now?

What is honest....have I toiled...yes worked for Interstate Amisite on a jack hammer crew....I worked in the freight delivery, driving trucks for Preston Trucking...plenty of machinery rigging...machinery instillation...chef at a couple of restaurants...bartender...bouncer.

But, now...I work for a company called IAAS where I perform auctions, appraisals and plant deactivation. Honestly its work!

5.Is there a ‘love interest’ and if so, what story did you fabricate to get her to hang around?

Oh yes....Mary...she has been the one that I have been searching for all my life. She is the butter to my bread. How did I get her to hang around? Hmmm...I am not sure, but I am awfully lucky that she does.

6.I understand you and Q-Dog know each other from a different life. Is it true that you have dossiers on each other in order to protect the less than innocent?

If I were to answer this ...he would have to kill me. But not to get too specific....we have known each other since his sophomore year in college. He was room mates with one of my best and life long friends. The following summer, by coincidence we lived across the street from each other in Ocean City MD...and became drinking and carousing beach bums...and have been friends ever since.

7.What is your fondest memory?

Since I have met up with Mary, I have been making many fond memories and I know that they will get even better...so the fondest is yet to come!

8.What is your worst memory?

Well...when my two year old son's doctor told me he had Leukemia.

9.How long have you been riding and what was your favorite bike? Are pics available?

My first "ride" of my own was a used H0nda QA50....which also was followed by my first set of broken ribs, trying to pull a Steve McQueen and plow through a picket gate...that did not work so well. I was 11 and thought I was invincible . Since then I have had (3 or 4)H0ndas, (2)Kowi's, (2) Triumphs, (1)Norton, (2) Yami's and the green pimp bagger is my first HD. She has been with me just a couple of years and I have to admit. The old green pimp bagger is the most enjoyable and favorite bike I have ever had. I will have to ask my mom if she has pics of the older bikes.

10.Do you have the appropriate Riding Haberdashery to go with the ‘Pimp Bagger’?

I suppose...unless you mean a Huggy Bear style hat...I usually don't wear hats...

11.What was the best ride you’ve made?

I took off the summer after high school graduation...end of July in 79. Packed with about 200 dollars, a couple of pair of jeans... a copy of "On the Road" by Jack Kerouac..
assortment of tools and my 650 triumph...headed for San Diego CA. I did not tell my folks I was going...just took off. I did a collect call 5 days into it from Oklahoma. Took me about two weeks to get there...along with about 15 or so sets of points. It was an incredible adventure that I still dream about.

12.What was the worst ride you’ve made?

Any of the many times I rode at night in a heavy rain. Where your following the lights of the truck in front of you and hope that the trucker keeps it on the road...I hate riding at night in the rain.

13.What is the one ride you still want to make?

Sturgis...Alaska... Florida ....loop...like a two month long ride.

14.What is the one thing we don’t know about you that you want us to know?

I am a Spaniard...and I can't roll my R's

CAUTION! You have entered a Harley based forum. Apply a liberal amount of BS repellent to skin before reading anything by anybody.