Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Dyna Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 01-31-2010, 10:52 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
True Track Install

With Sidecars help, we installed the True-track on the front motor mount and rear mounts of the FXDX. These are a few pix to see the install.
Went for a short ride, but need more time in the saddle to really tell just how good it works. The bike does feel a lot more stable than it used to. It feels really solid like it should. More updates to follow
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG0002.jpg (139.4 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg IMG0006.jpg (142.3 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (23.9 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg IMG0008.jpg (112.8 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg IMG0009.jpg (129.6 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg IMG0010.jpg (128.7 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg IMG0012.jpg (90.3 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg IMG0013.jpg (92.0 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg IMG0014.jpg (91.8 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg IMG0015.jpg (141.0 KB, 87 views)

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Old 01-31-2010, 10:58 PM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Last Cigar Smoked: Bubble Gum
Redleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suck
Looking forward to reading more about the install and your impressions of the ride.

Thanks for posting!

"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out there having fun on motorcycles. It makes me take another look." -Steve McQueen
Old 01-31-2010, 11:14 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
OK, what'd I miss. Thought the problem was only with the touring platform?

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 01-31-2010, 11:16 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabbydoo View Post
Dyna's are twitchy little bastards, and at high speed,been known to wobble, Ask V about it. They also tend to rear steer in corners.

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Old 02-01-2010, 12:38 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I didn't know (also) that the Dynas had the same issue. I guess I've not really looked at the setup on one. Is it really similar? Donut mounts on the sides?

And don't for even a minute think that we haven't noticed the MJ white glove bit.

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 02-01-2010, 12:54 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by masstch View Post
I didn't know (also) that the Dynas had the same issue. I guess I've not really looked at the setup on one. Is it really similar? Donut mounts on the sides?

And don't for even a minute think that we haven't noticed the MJ white glove bit.

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Old 02-01-2010, 01:16 AM
Outlaw

Last Cigar Smoked: Camel WIDES
Sidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I'm trying to get the videos of it up on youtube, but the upload is slow right now. I'll link the videos as soon as they're ready.

"It's not the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog." - Michael Vick.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:31 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
7+ hours.
2400 baud dial-up?

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:54 AM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

Location: Half way down the trail to hell, in a shady meadow of green
Last Cigar Smoked: Nub Dub
squish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know

CAUTION! You have entered a Harley based forum. Apply a liberal amount of BS repellent to skin before reading anything by anybody.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Any rubber mounted motor can cause the "wiggles." Baggers are more prone to it because they weigh more. It's more noticeable.

Meng

TKWSV

Old 02-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Another reason to like Softails

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 02-01-2010, 11:29 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Quote:
Another reason to like Softails
NOT!

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Old 02-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Amor Vincit Omnia......

Last Cigar Smoked: Drew Estates Kuba Kuba (Lovely!)
stupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynageno View Post
Dyna's are twitchy little bastards, and at high speed,been known to wobble, Ask V about it. They also tend to rear steer in corners.
+1 on that.
Highway corners at 100+ MPH (don't ask) especially.
I live in an area with a lot of twisty backroads, and powering hard out of tight corners into a long straightaway is where I notice it most on my scooter.
I have an '09 FXD, and I did a bunch of homework, before I bought it, and out of the whole lineup, it still has the best suspension of all the cruisers. I already have a sportbike, so I know what I wanted, handling and suspension-wise.
I knew, when I bought the FX, that the kit was available for it, so I just added it to the list of upgrades that the bike would be getting over the next couple of years.
I figure that I will address the suspension first, (shocks, cartridge emulators, rubber mount stabilizer kit, steering stabilizer) as the brakes are very adequate, with a stock displacement motor, then a Thundermax, or a TTS Mastertune next, with a 2 into 1 header, air cleaner/ intake combo, followed by a good set of cams. I figure that will be stage one.
I figure stage 2 will be 107C.I., headwork, and any lower end dependability issues, that may result from the bigger displacement, and then I'll be done for awhile.
Ultimately, I'm looking for a bit more power and handling, but not willing to sacrifice dependability for it, as hot rods are nice, but only if I can hop on it and ride it (read- beat the snot out of it) for 500+ miles at a whack.
What say you to that, Geno? Good plan, or am I missing something?

just a big ol' Doof.....
I MARRIED me a PIRATE!!!....
ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM
Old 02-01-2010, 04:14 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

I say go for it. Sounds like a plan

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Old 02-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Outlaw

Last Cigar Smoked: Camel WIDES
Sidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
7+ hours.
2400 baud dial-up?
I was trying to upload a few videos at the same time. It was late so I just left the computer on and went to bed. Didn't have time this morning to get online.

But here's the videos of Gene test riding his Dyna after the install. We just rode thru a local canyon road.

"It's not the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog." - Michael Vick.