Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Seats, Saddles, Pillions, Backrests, Luggage Racks & Paks
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 08-13-2010, 07:24 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
did you get me heated?
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 08-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kflhr View Post
did you get me heated?

Kimber

Old 08-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Fuentes Fuentes Opus X Le Chateau
J.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowJ.A.F.O. has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
Well, the Corbin showed up today. Beautiful seat that took all of 30 seconds to install (suck it C&C). Got the matching passenger backrest with it too, and all for 20% off thanks to Jenni at Tri-County.

Interesting thing, the factory passenger backrest has a very elaborate isolation system, the Corbin one has rubber bumpers, but mounts securely to the tour pack lid. Oddly though, it only uses one bolt on the sides rather than two. The lower passenger backrest Velcros to the tour pack rather than screwing to it, so I left the stock one on 'till I can pick up some plugs.

The seat itself is much firmer than the MCC seat, and the backrest mounts to the seat, rather than the big bracket that mounted to the fender (with the cable that rubbed through the paint).

We're going riding tomorrow, so I'll have a better idea of how it works then. I'll snap a few photos too.
30 seconds for you to change something ....

That has to be some kind of record

Sent from north of Havana

Old 08-13-2010, 08:39 PM
grapenutless

y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.A.F.O. View Post
30 seconds for you to change something ....

That has to be some kind of record

Sent from north of Havana
He just doesn't know what he broke yet.....
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 08-13-2010, 09:34 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Haters....

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 08-14-2010, 07:38 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I've had Corbin seats that were comfy but a bit firm and the Corbin that came with the Triumph is way too hard. The stock sport seat on the FXR is good for about 4-450 miles.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Well, we did around 190 miles yesterday over the course of 5-1/2 hours.

Ohmygod, I love this seat. It puts me pretty close to the stock position, which is perfect. It's a bit wider in the nose than the MCC seat, which is fine. It's all kinds of firm, but that's not an issue. I even left my wallet in my back pocket, and I had no hotspots, no tingling, no numbness, and no pain. It's just perfect.

Unfortunately, Dana hated it. Well, that might not be fair, but I'll take "it sucks" as hate. Part of the problem, I think, is that the passenger backrest is thinner than the stock one, so she sits back farther and slides around some. I dunno.

If it ever stops raining on a day she can ride with me again, we'll give it another shot.

Old 08-15-2010, 04:15 PM
grapenutless

I can't wait to own that seat

Sent from the living room
who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 08-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
@ y2kVulture
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:34 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Not happening Davey. She'll use a lumbar pillow before I give this thing up.

Old 08-15-2010, 04:41 PM
grapenutless

When mamas happy everyone is happy when mama is uncomfortable davey gets a corbin...lmao

who's to blame in 2014?
Chitty Chitty

Old 08-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
I can't wait to own that seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Me View Post
@ y2kVulture

We're still searching too.

Kimber

Old 08-16-2010, 08:38 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
my factory Classic seat works wonders.....I'm afraid to look for anything else just for the ass pain of having to try a few out to get to a solution. I think I'll stick with what I have.....

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:08 AM
R.I.P.
chemo toddy

y2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
When mamas happy everyone is happy when mama is uncomfortable davey gets a corbin...lmao

i just removed the rear seat and took care of those problems.