Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Seats, Saddles, Pillions, Backrests, Luggage Racks & Paks
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 10-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Woody218

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Corbin seat

I found a really, really good deal on a barely used Corbin Dual Tour seat for the Ultra.

I hope my ass likes it!

Prior to finding the Corbin, I called the nice folks at Mustang to inquire whether the wide solo seats sat as high as the one-piece touring seats. I was told that every Mustang seat is thicker than stock, the solo seat sits as high as the one-piece seat.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:38 AM
8-Ball

I'd call Gus in Holister and enquire about your bike, your dimensions (inseam etc.) and determine if the stock configuration is best for you or if one of their customizations would be better...

I'd also ask what they might charge you to modify a custom seat. Used to be that they would give you ONE free customization on any Corbin seat purchased from anywhere.... I'm assuming that means a new seat purchase, not a used one.

Not sure I'd want someone else's ass sweat on my seat...
Old 10-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
I have a Corbin on FLHTCU and Mustang ultra touring on FLHR. Mustangs raise you up. I like the leather too.

I have only had the Corbin for about 13k and the Mustang for 30. So have to wait and see. Both are good seats, but I think I prefer the Corbin
Old 10-14-2008, 11:47 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
I'd call Gus in Holister and enquire about your bike, your dimensions (inseam etc.) and determine if the stock configuration is best for you or if one of their customizations would be better...

I'd also ask what they might charge you to modify a custom seat. Used to be that they would give you ONE free customization on any Corbin seat purchased from anywhere.... I'm assuming that means a new seat purchase, not a used one.

Not sure I'd want someone else's ass sweat on my seat...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg GMR%20BUILD%2098%20INCH.jpg (189.2 KB, 96 views)

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:49 AM
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post

He signed an agreement that he would remain standing or on the floorboards...

and... how the hell to you keep track of all this shlt...!?!?!?!
Old 10-14-2008, 11:49 AM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

Location: Half way down the trail to hell, in a shady meadow of green
Last Cigar Smoked: Nub Dub
squish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post

OH SNAP!!!!!

bet that'll leave a mark..

CAUTION! You have entered a Harley based forum. Apply a liberal amount of BS repellent to skin before reading anything by anybody.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:50 AM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

squish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
by the way what number build was that....

CAUTION! You have entered a Harley based forum. Apply a liberal amount of BS repellent to skin before reading anything by anybody.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:50 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
I think I would worry more about someone else hands on my throttle. n That was build #?

BTW I can put the front tire against a wall and smoke the tires too, in theory.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:51 AM
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by apache36 View Post
OH SNAP!!!!!

bet that'll leave a mark..
au contraire unlubed rat boy...

that snap you hear is your cables...
Old 10-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Excommunicated

Are those cigerette burns??
Old 10-14-2008, 11:52 AM
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by apache36 View Post
by the way what number build was that....
Counting stock... that was number 3... and the beginning of my nikasil period...
Old 10-14-2008, 11:54 AM
Woody218

Quote:
He signed an agreement that he would remain standing or on the floorboards...

and... how the hell to you keep track of all this shlt...!?!?!?!

It isn't for naught that Mega is our esteemed leader. He just knows things...
Old 10-14-2008, 11:54 AM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

Quote:
Counting stock... that was number 3... and the beginning of my nikasil period...
makes one wonder doesn't it....

Old 10-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Excommunicated

I don't count stock as a build. When you open up the motor 1st time, that is 1st build.

So there was your bore 95" phase, nikalsil phase, then bore 98 phase, now back to 95 dynasty.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Excommunicated

What was the orginal question?