Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Doof Clenas > Doofapaloozas
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Doofapaloozas I'm riding 1,200 miles to spend a week with some avid motorcycle enthusiasts I met on the internet, dear. What could go wrong?

View Poll Results: Do you want the location of the National Doofapalooza changed from ES for 2012?
Yes, I want another location 3 14.29%
No, I want it to remain in ES 18 85.71%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2010, 08:49 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
2012 Doofapalooza Location

If you are a Member In Good Standing and have ever attended a National Doofapalooza, you are eligible to vote in this poll.
Use this thread for discussion.
The poll will close in 2 weeks and will be public for verification purposes.
If the votes indicate the majority want a new location, the job of finding said location begins for those who want it moved.
The new location needs to meet the requirements set forth here:
Quote:

1. Central location in the United States - Check the mileage from Bridgeport, CA; Niceville, FL, New York, NY and Ontario, Canada. The national event will continue to be in a central location so that the maximum number of members have the chance to attend. We will have numerous regional events for those that do not wish to (or are unable to) attend the national meet.

2. Accommodations - This is both critical and mandatory:
The host hotel must be motorcycle friendly and in good repair along with providing a rate that is not cost prohibitive to the membership. (Motorcycle friendly means a place where we will not be chastised for motorcycles running after 10:00 p.m. or before 9:00 a.m. and we do not have to be quietly on our way to our rooms before 11:00 p.m. in order not to disturb the other guests.)

The hotel must have a minimum of 40 available rooms, with additional rooms available at a nearby hotel within easy, drunken walking distance (preferably within one block). Ideally, the proposed host hotel would be willing to secure rooms in the overflow hotel when/if we reach capacity. (Remember the CMI vs RR fun.)

Will also need to have a pool and WiFi with preference given to places that can provide us a common area to hang out (preferably someplace other than the parking lot). The hotel needs to understand that we will be outside talking and drinking until 2:00 a.m, and not have an issue with that.

There needs to be a variety of restaurants in the area to suit as many individual tastes and budgets as possible.

After you have personally visited the location and can vouch for its suitability, you will need to obtain the name and contact phone number of the manager/owner so we may contact them to make arrangements (should the location be chosen) and discuss any concerns we may have. The suitability of the location is very important, and this responsibility should not be taken lightly.

3. Must have well rated roads for motorcycles - There are websites related to biker recommended roads in all of the states, check them out and let us know what you find.
Should this poll indicate that a new location is desired for 2012, a suitable location(s) meeting the above guidelines must be found by Oct 1 and a report(s) made to the membership. A poll on the location(s) will be posted on Nov. 1, and the winning location (we will have runoffs until a new location receives a simple majority) will compete against ES in the final vote.
2012 dates are June 11-14.
Should a suitable location not be offered by the membership, the location will revert to ES.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:58 AM
Moderated

polarbear doesn't need a tube sockpolarbear doesn't need a tube sockpolarbear doesn't need a tube sockpolarbear doesn't need a tube sockpolarbear doesn't need a tube sockpolarbear doesn't need a tube sockpolarbear doesn't need a tube sockpolarbear doesn't need a tube sockpolarbear doesn't need a tube sockpolarbear doesn't need a tube sockpolarbear doesn't need a tube sock
I'm gettin old, ES has been good too us. Another city would be okay as well.

"Great White Pillager and Doof of Kansas"

Old 07-02-2010, 09:02 AM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Last Cigar Smoked: Bubble Gum
Redleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suck
Due to my oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of these here United States, I have been unable to attend the last two, so I will not vote. But, I will say that it looks like those who have attended have enjoyed themselves in Arkansas.

Guessing there are more windows for Scabby to lick out there...

"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out there having fun on motorcycles. It makes me take another look." -Steve McQueen
Old 07-02-2010, 09:47 AM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
So, 2011 doofapalooza is still in Eureka Springs?

Old 07-02-2010, 09:48 AM
El Errante

thrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milkthrasher stays crunchy even in milk
Been to Salida, Colorado 2007 and Eureka Springs, Arkansas 2008 Doofapaloozas. Both were really fun places.

The Black Hills of South Dakota is also a really cool place to ride and hang out,.. although further north on the map than central. Its two long days ride from here.

Deadwood, SD has a very unique history and has plenty of accomidations...

Old 07-02-2010, 09:50 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
So, 2011 doofapalooza is still in Eureka Springs?
Yes sir. We have commitments there for 2011.

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 07-02-2010, 10:13 AM
Northeastern Doofdom

silent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the suck
I hear New Hampshire is nice in the summer. The oldest rally in the country happens here. Lots of mountains and lakes... gorgeous scenery... good roads with hardly any traffic, and it's not oppressively hot.

But if Fe Butte doesn't want to ride 3000 miles to get here, I guess we should have it in ES again next year.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
The issue, I think, is going to be finding someplace that's both centrally located and has decent roads. The roads around ES are spectacular. The only place we're going to find stuff similar is going to be further west.

I'm open for anything, but ES is gonna be tough to beat, especially given how well Ray takes care of us.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 07-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent1 View Post
I hear New Hampshire is nice in the summer. The oldest rally in the country happens here. Lots of mountains and lakes... gorgeous scenery... good roads with hardly any traffic, and it's not oppressively hot.

But if Fe Butte doesn't want to ride 3000 miles to get here, I guess we should have it in ES again next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
The issue, I think, is going to be finding someplace that's both centrally located and has decent roads. The roads around ES are spectacular. The only place we're going to find stuff similar is going to be further west.

I'm open for anything, but ES is gonna be tough to beat, especially given how well Ray takes care of us.

Well, if you two are 'voting' for E.S., you need to do so in the poll up top so it can be counted.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 07-02-2010, 12:42 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I kinda doubt I would be attending since you all know my work situation, so I will not vote, ES was awesome, change of scenery is nice too....

decidedly undecided....

carry on
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 07-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Northeastern Doofdom

silent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabbydoo View Post
Well, if you two are 'voting' for E.S., you need to do so in the poll up top so it can be counted.
Since odds of me going are low, I'll abstain from voting.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Doof Babe
Grenade Launcher
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Does second-hand count?
Boop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent1 View Post

You know, he would probably do it. As has been noted here a few times, the man is a riding fool!

W.W.B.D?

Boop-Oop-A-Doof
Old 07-02-2010, 02:43 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boop View Post
You know, he would probably do it. As has been noted here a few times, the man is a riding fool!
And when he's not riding, he makes a pretty good plain ol' fool...
And some bitchin' salsa!

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Oooooooooh, Tom's salsa.......eeeeeyummmmmmm!

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 07-02-2010, 05:02 PM
El Errante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boop View Post
Hell, I'd even ride it, and I'll be living northwest of Seattle by then. Never been to NH,... far away,... someplace different. I like that kind of thing, though.