Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > The Cooking Channel
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

The Cooking Channel Got a favorite recipe... share it here.

Old 10-04-2008, 07:33 AM
R.I.P.
chemo toddy

y2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjailerman View Post
looks like a good unit and of course your recommendation means alot, Im only concerned about the size, I usually need to cook alot more. I have one like this one for about 12 years now and i think its about done for..lol

have you ever tried the one with the disks? Can you recommend a good size one that I could get 3 or so briskets and porks in at the same time..

thanks

mine's got 4 racks in it. actually too much space for what i do. i usually do one pork butt at a time and throw in a chicken or two for salads and stuff.
now i'm thinking about a medium egg if and when i ever move back to fl.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:06 AM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Damn it!

Now I'm gonna have to redo my Christmas list!

Old 10-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Clubhouse Electrician

Q-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Medium...or Large...would be perfect!
Old 10-07-2008, 07:48 AM
Captain Accuweather

Dogbreath1956 has failed to amuse us
My folks have had the the green egg for about 40 years. Like Talon said, that one came from Japan, Dad got it from somebody who he did a favour for. Dad always refered to it as a hibachi stove but I had thought those were the small table tops. He says it's just the best BBQ pit he every had.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Clubhouse Electrician

Q-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbreath1956 View Post
My folks have had the the green egg for about 40 years. Like Talon said, that one came from Japan, Dad got it from somebody who he did a favour for. Dad always refered to it as a hibachi stove but I had thought those were the small table tops. He says it's just the best BBQ pit he every had.
Wow!
....that was the real McCoy...a kamodo!
I've never seen one, but have heard of a few. They were usually decorated with ornate ceramic tiles.....but could be delicate to handle and were easily cracked.

The Big Green Eggs are made outta some kindda tougher ceramic...but is basically the same.

There is a reason these types of cookers are centuries old....they work, and work well!

...(I thought the high-b!tchy grills were little ones, too!)
Old 10-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Obsolete Doof Prospect

ridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I've heard severl people say the egg is great.
I just can't afford one at this time.

It would seem that an electric smoker would keep a constant temp and
all you would need is to add some wood for the smoking.

Introducing the Al Gore engine

Obsolete Doof
1998 Obsolete Springer Rider
Part time Shovel Rider
Some time XLCH Kicker

Old 10-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Clubhouse Electrician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridingjerry View Post
I've heard severl people say the egg is great.
I just can't afford one at this time.

It would seem that an electric smoker would keep a constant temp and
all you would need is to add some wood for the smoking.
Yes!
...and I almost went that route.

But you can't grill with them & I would get nervous during a rain storm, worried it might short out.

It rained all night during my brisket cook....and no worries!