Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > In Memory Of...
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

In Memory Of... We want to send our prayers to those who grieve...

Old 04-14-2013, 10:58 AM
I like my bacon battered

BenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
It's been 2 years...

I don't think I had been on this forum for 6 months when my Dad died 2 years ago and was shocked, surprised, and smiled when I saw an arrangement at his memorial service from the Doofs and zints here. Thank you again, as that is one of the very few things I remember from the memorial service outside of the words I said in his memory.

I'm still dealing with the emotional aspect of it, but the anger and frustration has degraded. I was surprised to hear that feeling anger after the death of a parent (aimed at that parent) is common and normal. It didn't seem normal to me as I was expecting a lot of general sadness. The sadness was sprinkled liberally in there but the anger was predominant.

In any case, things all around are better...and I'm hopeful enough to say that they are still improving.

As a mental note, my son (now 12) has been talking about putting together a car that he can drive when he turns 16. He's got my bug about Mustangs and wants something with a nicely built motor. I remember for years asking my Dad if we could build something together and got the "That's a great idea, we'll do that some day." I couldn't describe how excited I was to hear my son ask me the same thing to which I replied "You're on!"

Attached is one of the very few pics I have of my Dad helping me work on my hot rod at the time (1991 Saleen covertible with a supercharged 302) and my ~3 year old son wanting to get in on the action as well. My Dad never had the gear head bug, so I'm not sure where I got it from, but I'll enjoy fostering it in my son as he shows interest.

PS - Thanks for providing a place for the rant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dad0005.jpg (64.6 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by BenBoosted; 04-14-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:07 AM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I don't believe I'd call that a rant. More of an honest reflection I think.

Mom went in 1985 and Dad in 2005. We finally had time in his later years to become good friends.

The hurt is gone now and the "bad" memories have faded so that what I am left with are the good memories.

He was part of the reason that I got into genealogy. I always said that I couldn't give my son and daughter all that I wished I could have in the early years but I did give them a family to be proud of when I could.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 04-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Amor Vincit Omnia......

Last Cigar Smoked: Drew Estates Kuba Kuba (Lovely!)
stupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstupidglide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Didn't sound like a rant to me Brother, did sound like you are starting to get a handle on your feelings though, and what you are going through is perfectly normal.
Most folks don't realize that anger is the easiest emotion to access/ express, as it is the most basic, and most primal of our emotions. Sadness, is much more complex, and as a result, we kind of have to work our way there, as we identify the components of why we feel this way.

Ben- it is a reflection of the man you are, that you are working through this, identifying what you want to do about it, and moving forward with your life.

So- I'd say that your Son, is a pretty damn lucky boy.

Good on ya' Brother.

just a big ol' Doof.....
I MARRIED me a PIRATE!!!....
ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM
Old 04-14-2013, 11:36 AM
Double-D
Dr. of Doof

OKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOKC Fatboy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupidglide View Post
Didn't sound like a rant to me Brother, did sound like you are starting to get a handle on your feelings though, and what you are going through is perfectly normal.
Most folks don't realize that anger is the easiest emotion to access/ express, as it is the most basic, and most primal of our emotions. Sadness, is much more complex, and as a result, we kind of have to work our way there, as we identify the components of why we feel this way.

Ben- it is a reflection of the man you are, that you are working through this, identifying what you want to do about it, and moving forward with your life.

Good on ya' Brother.
This. Well said!

D.F.F.D.

/Users/rleonard12/Desktop/star-trek-expendability.jpg
Old 04-14-2013, 11:39 AM
I like my bacon battered

BenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBenBoosted is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
WOW! thank you

Old 04-14-2013, 12:30 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:

Good on ya' Brother.
I'll just quote this, too.
Well said.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:52 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Anger is an understandable and accepted emotion in dealing with the death of a loved one. What is important is how you proceed from there. From what you wrote, it appears you are progressing forward and naturally through the grieving process. I'm confident the time is not far away that your emotions will be those of fond, loving memories of the good times.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 04-14-2013, 09:56 PM
Double-D, MLA III, CLS

BluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBluesFan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Enough has been said, and very well.

I wish you peace and love on your journey

R

@$^&#/(*^#^43> 41

Droid Galaxy SIII is pretty nice

Oil, heat, vibration and noise.

At work, oil analysis, thermography, vibration analysis, and ultrasonics.

At play, Harley.

Same same, right?

Only 43 more states to go!

Remember, never make a straight on a left hand bridge.

It WILL leave a mark.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:12 AM
Glide's Bride

Last Cigar Smoked: Camacho Corojo Machito.......Thanks MEGA
Palerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowPalerider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:

Good on ya' Brother.
Hey Ben, I don't have the ability to speak as eloquently or intelligently as My Man, however I do have the ability to agree with what he said here. Encourage your son to pursue this passion and hug him when you get the chance!!!