Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Doof Clenas > Highway 43 Rides and Photos
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Highway 43 Rides and Photos Post them here or they get lost...

Old 05-08-2017, 07:50 AM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Smile Curviest 43 in the Upper Midwest.

Got out for a little putt this past weekend.

Headed to Iowa for a tenderloin sandwich.

Stopped here first.......

Clayton County 43 (known locally as Jolly Ridge Rd.) is just south of Guttenberg, and is a fun, albeit short, run.

Second stop was the St. Olaf Tavern, St. Olaf, IA for 'The Big One'.......

It is, indeed! Ate most of it, had the rest for breakfast Sunday morning.

And, yep, fruited beer. Blue Moon tap, which went down well with the sandwich.......

The 'b' and me were pretty much the only thing happenin' at 4 p.m. Saturday in downtown St. Olaf.......

Why? Planting season. The fields were full of farmers and farm equipment. Occasional equipment on the roads, too. Man, some of that stuff is wide!

The 'b' needed fuel, too. Sadly, this place, in Farmersburg, IA, was not open.......

Due to planting season, I pretty much had the roads to myself.......

Eerie, riding in no traffic.

Ridin' wise, the highlight of the trip was the run out of Dubuque, on C9Y (no pictures), which was an unexpected treat! Perfect concrete two lane the whole way. Vistas of Iowa's Driftless region were topnotch! And the road is ultra twisty, to boot. Gotta hit that road again! Highly recommended!

There's plenty of good ridin' on the Iowa side of the Mississippi River, if you take the time to find it.

Missed my wingman, d j, on this run, too. Ain't the same wifout him and Traveler on my wing. Deej, you'da loved yourself some C9Y!

Spent the night in Fennimore, at Napp's Motel, host to more than several Cheesapaloozas. Place ain't changed much: new owners, new roof, rooms freshened up a bit. $42.20/night, inc. tax, for a single.

Stayed in room number seven, which has yet to be tainted by a 'zINt.

Took the easy route home Sunday, got home around noon.

Put in a tick over 500 miles for the two day trip. First overnighter since ES '14, first overnighter since the 'b' got the new 95. Got home in one piece and the 'b' ran flawlessly. I was tired and beat near the end. I am not in riding shape!

While my 'Tenderloin Tour' was no Cloudrider Run, I felt that I was out on the road, at least in spirit, with my Cloudrider brothers and sisters. Maybe we'll get down to Ingram to ride with all y'all next year!

Last edited by orbit; 05-08-2017 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:13 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
Very nice!
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 05-08-2017, 02:19 PM
Double-D
I am Doof

Bluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milk
Sweet ride. Great report. Feeling rather jealerous about it.

I NEED to get up that way again. It is incredible around there. I do not have a C-43 county sign yet either.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:46 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Looks like a great ride Ken. That sammich is a big'un. Is that a country fried steak? Good choice on the Blue Moon as well.

BTW, any chance we could see you out our way in Aug.?

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 05-08-2017, 05:24 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetoys View Post
Sweet ride. Great report. Feeling rather jealerous about it.

I NEED to get up that way again. It is incredible around there. I do not have a C-43 county sign yet either.
I've ridden that area a couple of times now. Never been disappointed.

Further exploration is warranted. Dunno when, tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabbydoo View Post
Looks like a great ride Ken. That sammich is a big'un. Is that a country fried steak? Good choice on the Blue Moon as well.

BTW, any chance we could see you out our way in Aug.?
The sandwich is a breaded pork tenderloin, deep fried. Ultra yummy. I started eating everything outside the bun, then cut the bunned sandwich in half and ate one half. Still had one half left, which I carted to Fennimore for breakfast the next day.

The coleslaw was excellent as well.

Learn more about it at the linky.......

<linky>

I enjoy an occasional Blue Moon, mostly out of the bottle. Gotta say, tho, that that tapped Moon hit the spot just fayhn. It meshed well with the tenderloin, no doubt about it.

Regarding the Poconos ride, it ain't in my plans as of yet, so I'll say doubtful. But things could change closer to August.

We'll see.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:40 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Awesome weekend putt, Ken. Hope to be back out there sooner than later.

Old 05-09-2017, 01:55 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
All those riding pics have set my butt to itching for a long ride.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 05-09-2017, 06:06 PM
gAZINTAs

lil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowlil Pistolero DPH has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I'm jealous. We need a cheese run.

"Before you begin to give someone a piece of your mind, consider carefully whether you can spare any."
A. unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by why_me View Post
My intentions were honorable.
I can't wait to dishonor my intentions.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:51 PM
A. DooF

Last Cigar Smoked: Whatever was next in the Mega rotation
par_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Nice Ken. Great report. Missed you down this way in Ingram though.

"I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love." ~ Red Rider
Old 05-10-2017, 09:56 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Nice Pix

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...