Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Doof Clenas > Highway 43 Rides and Photos
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Highway 43 Rides and Photos Post them here or they get lost...

Old 03-14-2007, 03:50 PM
8-Ball

Do you need an alternate Hwy 43 route?

If you need an alternate Hwy 43 route, please let us know.

Note the following in your request:

State:

Distance to nearest Hwy 43:

Suggested alternate:

We will review your request and either mock you mercilessly or consider your suggestion for addition into our alternate Hwy 43 routes list.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Clubhouse Electrician

Q-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
If you need an alternate Hwy 43 route, please let us know.

Note the following in your request:

State:

Distance to nearest Hwy 43:

Suggested alternate:

We will review your request and either mock you mercilessly or consider your suggestion for addition into our alternate Hwy 43 routes list.

Sounds right.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:26 PM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Why would Oregon need one? There is a hwy 43 in OR. As a Doof I was there over Christmas and I believe two Doof's have made there ride there.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
AZ also has one between Second Mesa and Pinon. Of course it is just an Indian Route but it is a 43.
If anybody needs a map of it let me know.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:08 PM
Yes, they are Real.......

harleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sock
What happen to "ride to far not our problem" .............

just sayin'

Keeper Of The Toast
2006 Post Whore Of The Year

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS........
Old 03-14-2007, 09:11 PM
pairofnines

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjsb View Post
What happen to "ride to far not our problem"

I was thinking it----------------------you said it.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Jams

The 43 Ride for me will be approximately 250 miles one way and 2/3rds will be Interstate <puke> so that 250 miles one way will be closer to 350 miles one way to avoid the Interstate.

As soon as it quits snowing I'm on it.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:48 PM
Just breakin' balls

71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk
I think i'll take National highway 1 and do 43 laps, should be back sometime around 2010.....

I wanna live forever...So far so good

Stoney61 is a Demi God

I'm not bald, it's a solar panel for a sex machine!
Old 03-14-2007, 09:49 PM
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear View Post
AZ also has one between Second Mesa and Pinon. Of course it is just an Indian Route but it is a 43.
If anybody needs a map of it let me know.
Okay, knower of stuff... I need your secret 43 locations...

I looked all afternoon for 43 highways in the mentioned states.

The goal is to not have to ride further than 500 miles one way to get to a Hwy 43. I don't really care about making it easier than that, nor do I want to opt out of a Hwy 43 when there IS one in the state.

You have my full attention.... on this matter and on anything you feel I haven't addressed.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:50 PM
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71baldboy View Post
I think i'll take National highway 1 and do 43 laps, should be back sometime around 2010.....
International rules DO NOT apply...
Old 03-14-2007, 10:33 PM
Excommunicated

Well OR 43 is off Loop 820 by Oregon City, a suburb of Portland.
AZ 43 on the other hand is an Indian Route on the Hopi Indian Reservation. It goes North off of AZ 264 just west of Second Mesa. It goes to Pinon. Some maps show it paved part way, others show it as a unpaved road, but there may be a sign off AZ 264 with the number on it. My Official AZ map for 2001 has it on it.
Attachment 878
Just Sayen'

Last edited by LittleBear; 12-29-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:47 PM
Clubhouse Electrician

Q-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear View Post
Well OR 43 is off Loop 820 by Oregon City, a suburb of Portland.
AZ 43 on he other hand is an Indian Route on the Hopi Indian Reservation. It goes North off of AZ 264 just west of Second Mesa. It goes to Pinon. Some maps show it paved part way, others show it as a unpaved road, but there may be a sign off AZ 264 with the number on it. My Official AZ map for 2001 has it on it.
Attachment 878
Just Sayen'
Holy crap.

Literally.

That one sounds frikkin' excitin'.......I mean gravel and all.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:18 AM
pairofnines

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
Okay, knower of stuff...

The goal is to not have to ride further than 500 miles one way to get to a Hwy 43.
Daymn: There are two 43's in my great state of Texas and I could get a bye on both due to mileage>

No Way cause I am gonna do it.

Please note it will be a honorary 43 ride for the Doofs whose backs I have>
Old 03-15-2007, 12:21 PM
Jams

This --<--43--> quest will be very cool to make.

Quote:
Directions
Big Hole National Battlefield is located ten miles west of Wisdom, Montana on state highway 43. From I-15 at Dillon, Montana take highway 287 northwest to Wisdom, then highway 43, ten miles west. From I-15 at Divide, take route 43 west through Wisdom to Battlefield. From Missoula, Montana, take state route 93 south through the Bitterroot Valley to Lost Trail Pass. Turn east on highway 43 and drive 17 miles to the battlefield.
Anyone in the North West headed to Colorado or Sturgis can make it a side trip as well.

Big Hole Battlefield
Old 03-26-2007, 06:09 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Highway 395...
9 minus 5 =4 leaving 3. So is that 43 or 34?
But still waiting for 120 through Yosemite to be plowed starting April 16th 2007, then over to 41 to 99 to 43