Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Random Crap
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Random Crap I'm just sayin'.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:15 PM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Ready for the truck

After years of debating between a deck and patio, and a few more years of procrastinating, I decided

Rebar is dowelled into the foundation with a 2 foot deep integral footer around the perimeter. Ought to be enough to hold me

By my calculation, it's going to take 11 or 12 yards of concrete. I hope the truck comes with some Mexicans

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 03-16-2018, 09:47 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Looks good.

I might have made it bigger but we can always deck it out farther.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 03-16-2018, 11:50 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Sure hope they ain't mad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 03-17-2018, 09:25 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Last Cigar Smoked: Probably a Swisher Sweet
Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
Looking good! I recently did a 26' x 36' with 1' wide footings 32" deep for my new loafing shed. It was re-bared and vapor barrier-ed the same way. Footings and pinned like that are the way to go.

Are you sure on the 11 or 12 yds? I'm gonna guess half that.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:35 AM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Looking good! My only caveat would be to throw a little more steel in it. I went on 12" centres using 16mm bar with nary a crack after 4yrs... Concrete is gonna crack, get your control joints in the first 24hrs.

But thats just my over-engineered kraut ways.....

I hope you have a Margarita christening and enjoy!!

Dirk
Old 03-17-2018, 09:53 AM
The other white meat

Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Iron View Post
Looking good! I recently did a 26' x 36' with 1' wide footings 32" deep for my new loafing shed. It was re-bared and vapor barrier-ed the same way. Footings and pinned like that are the way to go.

Are you sure on the 11 or 12 yds? I'm gonna guess half that.
Not a construction estimator, maybe I don't know how to calculate. This is what I was using

2 footers 1' wide, 2' deep 10' long = 40 cu ft
1 footer 12 ft long = 24 cu ft

64 cf / 9 = 7.1 cu yards. For the footers alone

Plus the rest of the slab at about 6" deep

Am I figuring that wrong?

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 03-17-2018, 11:47 AM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel! View Post
Not a construction estimator, maybe I don't know how to calculate. This is what I was using

YES. There are 27 cubic feet in a cubic yard. Your / 9 calculation equals a square yard.

The two footers are both 1' wide, with a combined length of 32' and 24"(2') deep. 32' x 2' x 1 = 64 CF / 27 x 2.37 Cu.

The rest is 10' x 12' x .5' = 60 CF / 27 = 2.2 CU.

2.37 + 2.2 = 4.57 CU. I'd order a 5 CY load.

Kimber

Last edited by Backroad Mike; 03-17-2018 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:47 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Last Cigar Smoked: Probably a Swisher Sweet
Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
Quote:

Well... 1 cubic yard of concrete at 4 in. thick will cover 81 square ft., if you triple the thickness to get to 1 ft, 1 yd. will cover 27 square ft. 27 being 1/3 of 81. So, your 64 cf of footer should require 2.37 yds. 64 divided by 27 = 2.37. The 10x12 slab at 6 in. figures up 2.22 yds. Add 10% for waste and you are around 5 yds. Cheaper than you thought eh?

Ah, I see Mike and I hit at the same time.

Last edited by Ancient Iron; 03-17-2018 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:42 PM
The other white meat

Ah yes, that pesky 3rd dimension

And this is why I am not in construction

Also likely explains that last dropped call you experienced.

Thank goodness I'm not the one ordering it

They showed up this morning and poured it. 5 yards is a LOT of concrete!

[
Old 03-17-2018, 04:35 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Keep it wet for the next three or 4 days
Old 03-17-2018, 11:11 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafatboy View Post
Keep it wet for the next three or 4 days
Looking at the weather report, that won't be a big problem.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 03-19-2018, 08:54 AM
The other white meat

Now, not a problem. They are going to start on the cover today

[
Old 03-19-2018, 10:42 AM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Typically, they want 60 percent of compressive strength before you start putting weight on top. That can only be measured if they took field cylinders and break them in a machine to determine what the strength us measuring.
Was this early strength concrete, or just typical 3000 psi?

Kimber

Old 03-21-2018, 09:28 PM
The other white meat

It's been 4 or 5 days and it doesn't have to hold much weight. At least not yet.

Progressing nicely

[
Old 03-22-2018, 03:40 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Ah yes, that pesky 3rd dimension

And this is why I am not in construction

Also likely explains that last dropped call you experienced.

Thank goodness I'm not the one ordering it

They showed up this morning and poured it. 5 yards is a LOT of concrete!

Using a truck is cheating. Cowboy has been mixing his by hand. He complained about the 80lb bags.

High Priestess of the Cloudriders