Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 04-19-2010, 10:54 AM
Lefse King

Chameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
How can I press in the race on the mainshaft?

Long story short, had to pull the tranny to replace the shifter shaft, spring broke. Pulled everything off and was hoping to replace the OEM bearing in the Inner Primary with the All Balls one, but it was too thick. The shop could not bet the second circlip in. So I took it to the dealer and had the OEM bearing replaced, but now I have too press the race back on the Mainshaft. I have a new race.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:33 PM
Lefse King

Chameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Hoping to do this today and I don't want to buy a tool.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Mississippi Cajun

KD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKD5CQT is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Is this where you use the old Harley Tool #73---the BFH?
Old 04-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Take the original Harley shit out and put the All Balls back in. It's a very wide bearing and you only need ONE clip. I'm running one now. Put the clip in the OUTSIDE groove.

Meng

TKWSV

Old 04-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Lefse King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer-Glide View Post
Take the original Harley shit out and put the All Balls back in. It's a very wide bearing and you only need ONE clip. I'm running one now. Put the clip in the OUTSIDE groove.
That's the way the dealer had it when they told me it would not work because the seal did not have enough room on the inside. I already paid for the OEM to be put back in. Maybe I should take it to the Indy shop in town and ask them to put it in.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Anytime you are installing a race to a fixed surface, freeze the race for a few hours. It will reduce the the outside diameter of the race, then tap it into place with a sacrificial punch (brass). Take care not to hit any surounding areas with the punch.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:50 PM
really small member

Pat has failed to amuse us
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkip View Post
Anytime you are installing a race to a fixed surface, freeze the race for a few hours. It will reduce the the outside diameter of the race, then tap it into place with a sacrificial punch (brass). Take care not to hit any surounding areas with the punch.
I think it's the inner race. Cooling is the wrong direction.

Other than using the tool, I don't know how else to get the race on. That sucker is tight.