Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-28-2007, 06:53 AM
Tolling of the iron bell

jimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
2006 FLHX

95" - Build and tune done by Doc's buddy Brian at Zepka HD in Johnstown PA.
Andrews 26G
Cast flat tops
Stock heads
PC III
Cycle Shack slip on mufflers
Baisley Spring

Not the biggest or baddest on the street, but the thing runs strong and in the RPM range that I normally ride. No pinging or hot start issues on this low compression build. I've contemplated having the heads done, but probably won't at this point due to the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" rule. I normally get between 35 to 42 MPG depending on my right hand.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jims_Dyno.JPG (88.9 KB, 105 views)
Old 05-28-2007, 07:02 AM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymac View Post
95" - I've contemplated having the heads done, but probably won't at this point due to the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" rule. I normally get between 35 to 42 MPG depending on my right hand.
You probably wouldn't see any difference unless you went to 37's at the same time. This assumes during the build they checked and evened out the combustion chamber sizes.

Engine by Otto.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:09 AM
Tolling of the iron bell

jimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMiller View Post
You probably wouldn't see any difference unless you went to 37's at the same time. This assumes during the build they checked and evened out the combustion chamber sizes.
Thanks. That's what I was thinking too. End up spending a decent chunk of change for the heads and have minimal gains to show for it. As is, I'm a happy camper, but you know how it is with performance upgrades. Once you start, does it ever really end?

If anyone else here is running a 95", 26G build with head work, I'd really like to see your chart.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:15 AM
Above Average DDude

Last Cigar Smoked: A. Fuente, Curly Head
YankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymac View Post
Thanks. That's what I was thinking too. End up spending a decent chunk of change for the heads and have minimal gains to show for it. As is, I'm a happy camper, but you know how it is with performance upgrades. Once you start, does it ever really end?

If anyone else here is running a 95", 26G build with head work, I'd really like to see your chart.
I am no longer running this build. Now a 98" 615/585. But it was very strong.

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=80978

Sh!t doesn't stink unless ya' poke it!

Deut 23:12-13 (How to sh!t in the woods)
Old 05-28-2007, 07:19 AM
Tolling of the iron bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeBob View Post
I am no longer running this build. Now a 98" 615/585. But it was very strong.

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=80978

Thanks. Pretty much what Terry told me.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:49 AM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
Bob,

Do you have a chart on the new build? I've only seen boogerbe's dyno sheet with that build.

Engine by Otto.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Above Average DDude

YankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Bob,

Do you have a chart on the new build? I've only seen boogerbe's dyno sheet with that build.
Not yet. I am scheduled for the dyno Friday (R&R Cycle). I am hoping they can do it as promised. I understand they have a backlog due to the upcoming Laconia Bike Week.

As soon as I have it, I'll post it......Promise.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:10 PM
Magyarorszag

475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Old 05-28-2007, 07:17 PM
GazintA

Hey Wildey,

What's in that thing?

Engine by Otto.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Magyarorszag

475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Talking

Quote:
Hey Wildey,

What's in that thing?
Lotsa Bling Bling
Old 05-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Magyarorszag

Quote:
Hey Wildey,

What's in that thing?
HTCC Bigger bore pistons and cylinders
Se pro flywheel # 23600-00
timken conversion
se roller rockers
56 mm horsepower inc t.b.
Fatcat [with perf baffle]
T-man 650's advance 4 degrees
CNC HTCC heads

have since went to standard baffle and reinstalled cams straight up haven had final tune yet but it seems stronger
Old 05-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Magyarorszag

It pulled 2500 - 6000 rpm in 3.84 seconds in 4th gear with lower peak numbers
although on that run it was 3.94
Old 05-28-2007, 07:43 PM
GazintA

Looks fun.

Engine by Otto.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Above Average DDude

98" dyno

Well, here it is. What used to be a 95" 26g build, became a 98" 615/585 build this winter. I got my break-in done and let R&R have at it. I am a bit disappointed. I was figuring I would be about 110/110 with this combo. I am not real satisfied with the tune either. I think there is still some to be had. The dyno guy told me the stock tb is probably holding me back. Plus I get some pinging with 93 octane.

99.7 hp, 104.1 tq

It is fun to ride
All comments, positive and negative, are welcomed.

Build consists of:
2004 FLHRCI
98" Revolution cylinders
CP 10.5 pistons
615/585 cam
heads originally hand ported and valved by GMR for 26g (I think this is my bottleneck), now revalved (1.94/1.625) and decked by R&R for 615/585 cam
81.4 cc chambers
HydroRev 1.675 roller rockers
HydroRev lifters
-.060" SE perfect fit pushrods
.000" deck height
.030" Cometic HG
10.99 calculated cr
205 calculated ccp
RB Racing LSR "Black Hole" 2-1
SE air cleaner
Stock TB, manifold and injectors
3.37 primary gearing
SE clutch spring on stock clutch w/06' ramps
VPC 92T
SERT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 98RRdyno.jpg (113.5 KB, 88 views)

Last edited by YankeeBob; 06-25-2007 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:26 PM
GazintA

Bob,
I wish I could help you.
It looks like it's running out of air up high. Seems like intake or pipes, but not sure how to tell. It's running out of juice way too early though.

205CCP seems too high. Mine's about 194 and that could be a little high. Genoway's rule of thumb is approaching 190 and I think that's probably the best advice I was ever given for an easily tuneable all around performer.

As for the wiggle down low I'm not sure if it's the pipe/cam causing overscavenging or the tune but it seems excessive. A lot of that could be eliminated moving the torque band lower if you can afford the dyno time.

Engine by Otto.