Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Important Stuff > Safety and Group Riding Standards for ALL DOOFAPALOOZAS, FESTS, HWY 43 RIDES, ETC. > Rider Safety
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Rider Safety Add your threads and comments HERE!!!

Old 05-30-2011, 03:35 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
How these group rides are like ATC...

When an ATC has less than standard separation between 2 aircraft, the FAA calls it an Operational Error. We call it a Deal.

Most deals do NOT happen when we are busier than one-armed paperhangers, talking a mile a minute and firing on all cylinders.
When we're busy, we're at our best. Alert and, mostly, bullet proof.
It's right after the busy session, when things have slowed down and we have let our guard down that most deals happen.

It seems, based on several years of Doof data that it works that way with this group, too. After the insane ride through the twisties in the Ozarks, or through SE Ohio, we've had bikes go down doing the speed limit through a sweeper on the way back to the motel.

Remember, the ride isn't over until your kickstand is down for the night.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Double-D
I am Doof

Bluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milkBluetoys stays crunchy even in milk
sounds cryptic

Old 05-30-2011, 04:05 PM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

Location: Half way down the trail to hell, in a shady meadow of green
Last Cigar Smoked: Nub Dub
squish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
well said....

CAUTION! You have entered a Harley based forum. Apply a liberal amount of BS repellent to skin before reading anything by anybody.

Old 05-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Birth Control PosterChild

Jackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milk
Good thinking boss. I was also thinking about this a lot this weekend after the incident with Bud. I'm kinda thinking that maybe before the ride, I should have went to each individual and gotten some emergency contact info from them. When Bud went down, we had trouble finding the phone number to reach his wife. Taking A couple of minutes before the ride would have saved a lot of trouble. You don't really want to think about it happening, but if it does, this list would be invaluable. So if you're hosting a ride, take time to get emergency contact info from each individual on the ride before hand, and make sure everybody on the ride has a list. Other things that could (and should) be included are real names of the people (yes, you might not know all of them by their fisrt names), cell phone numbers (in case you get seperated), and even a list of perscriptions that each person is on (THis is valuable info for an EMT). I know we don't like thinking aobut this kinda stuff, but we almost have to.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Old 05-30-2011, 04:24 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Good thinking Keith.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 05-30-2011, 04:47 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith View Post
Good thinking boss. I was also thinking about this a lot this weekend after the incident with Bud. I'm kinda thinking that maybe before the ride, I should have went to each individual and gotten some emergency contact info from them. When Bud went down, we had trouble finding the phone number to reach his wife. Taking A couple of minutes before the ride would have saved a lot of trouble. You don't really want to think about it happening, but if it does, this list would be invaluable. So if you're hosting a ride, take time to get emergency contact info from each individual on the ride before hand, and make sure everybody on the ride has a list. Other things that could (and should) be included are real names of the people (yes, you might not know all of them by their fisrt names), cell phone numbers (in case you get seperated), and even a list of perscriptions that each person is on (THis is valuable info for an EMT). I know we don't like thinking aobut this kinda stuff, but we almost have to.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Accident Scene Management is also a must. . . especially for the sweep. The lead rider usually won't know it happened until everyone behind him disappears. . .

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 05-30-2011, 05:27 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
BTW, Boop brought this up this morning...

Old 05-30-2011, 06:08 PM
gAZINTAs

Hodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sock
Scary that Keith is thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: comancho
Sonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith View Post

Just my 2 cents worth.
[QUOTE=Hodawwg;1108964]Scary that Keith is thinking

+1

and that it actually made sense...
I think we still have an ICE list somewhere on here....Blue Toys I believe has the Original list which would have many numbers already listed.

Chris
RIP MONGOOSE

2002 RK Police
95 Big Bore Kit, Weisco Flat Top Pistons, 9.13:1
Engine built by Wilsons of E-town,KY
Vance and Hines Ovals
SE Air Cleaner, K&N Filter
2006 HD Stock Heads
Andrews 26G Cams
Dyno'd by ENGINES BY OTTO

851st ARMY SECURITY AGENCY - Europe - 74-77
Old 05-30-2011, 07:16 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
At Cheesey I always have a pre-ride meeting. Safety is always the main theme. Special attention is always paid to newer riders. They are always encouraged to ride in the rear and at their own pace.

Even "Experienced" folks who have been riding for years are humbled when they get into some of our more technical roads. There is no harm in backing her down for awhile if your not in a good rhythm of your not feeling the section of road you're on.

Target fixation is a sure sign of a distracted, fatigued, or inexperienced rider.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
We really need to update the ICE/contact list. If you're going to a group ride, you have to have your information up, and you have to have everyone else's information with you.

I freaked right the f*ck out this weekend. Keith was cool as a cucumber.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 05-30-2011, 07:22 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
We really need to update the ICE/contact list. If you're going to a group ride, you have to have your information up, and you have to have everyone else's information with you.

He'd make a good fireman.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:25 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post

And it's not so much that it's out of date that folks just don't provide all their info.
Hell, if I'd have wanted to buy Bud's house, there was info galore on Google.
That unlisted number kind of bit us in the ass for our purposes, though.
Let's flood Matt (Click Here ---> Bluetoys) with ALL our info, 'K?
Ready, set...GO!

Old 05-30-2011, 07:26 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
He'd make a good fireman.
Yep.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Done Boss.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)