Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Accessories
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Accessories Horns, Pegs, Guards, MP3, Sat. Radio, GPS, etc.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Kuryakyn Tour-Tech Cruise Peg Mounts

After riding my bike for one year, and making a few three-four day trips, I decided to add a set of engine guard pegs to my mount.

I felt by doing so I'd be able to stretch out and change seating positions a bit better on the bike, which in turn, would help make the overall touring experience a bit more enjoyable.

Don't get me wrong, my bike is pretty comfortable as a tourer, especially with the police air ride saddle installed. The saddle is plenty wide, and the saddle's air suspension really smooths out the road.

One thing I noticed on the cop bike is that I sit a bit higher and farther back than on a regular Harley tourer. I found one stretch position that I really liked, which is resting the heel of my feet toward the front of the footboards, angled out slightly, with my toes and inner foot resting on the outside edge of the engine guard. However, sometimes at speed it's hard to maintain this position due to the fact that my feet aren't really firmly against anything.

I surfed the Interweb for a time and finally found a set of peg mounts that I think will meet my requirements.

They are by Kuryakyn and are part of the Tour-Tech Cruise Mount line. The mounts are designed with an offset, which allows them to be used on Touring bikes with fairing lowers. The peg mounts, when installed in the standard location, wrap around the fairing lowers, but they are infinitely adjustable in terms of in and out and up and down.

Here's the details on the Cruise Mounts, from Kuryakyn's website....

These Cruise Mounts with positive locking Quick Clamps offer an incredible range of adjustability. The entire assembly may be moved up or down on the engine guard. The arm and footpeg may be further adjusted along a vertical or horizontal arc. A unique clevis permits angle adjustment of the footpeg.

The heavy duty Quick Clamp and sturdy offset arm ensures that the footpegs will clear fairing lowers and will stay where you put them! Tour-Tech Cruise Mounts are available by themselves, permitting the use of any H-D style male mount peg, or with a variety of Küryakyn footrests. Recommended for H-D Touring Models, FLSTC, or any Model using 1-1/4" engine guards.

The mounts come in short and long arm lengths. I got P/N 4523, which is the short arm mount with the Dually pegs.

I installed 'em on the bike a few days ago. Following are a few shots of the installed parts...

I have 'em angled slightly out from the centerline and just above the lower curve of the crash bar. The bracketry is quite pretty!

From the saddle....

In the up position, I have plenty of room to move my foot from the footboard to the brake pedal.

There's two threaded holes in the main peg bracket. There's a set screw in the bottom hole which is used as a lower stop for the foot peg. I added a set screw to the upper hole and use that as an upper stop. I felt the peg flopped over too far toward the centerline of the bike when the peg was in the 'up' position. Also, this mod gives my foot a bit more room when it's on the brake pedal.

My heels are resting comfortably on the footboard and are supported by the foot pegs. Also, I have a nice, easy transition from the foot peg to the brake pedal on the right side.

My feet aren't splayed out too far, which suits me just fine, and if I really need to stretch, my heels fit nicely on the upper part of the pegs without much effort.

I got the pegs from Dennis Kirk (DK's P/N:H49-359) for $159.29, which included free shipping, and they were at my house in three days.

I'm looking forward to trying these things out on the road. I think they're gonna be just fayhn!!!

Old 01-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Interesting. I got the H-D short offset mounts, and I'm not happy with where my pegs are. I guess I need to play around with the orientation of the mount, but I feel like they're sticking way out in the wind and not being all they can be.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 01-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Double-D

huckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suck
Nice looking pegs Ken!

Old 01-02-2010, 10:10 AM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbit View Post
I have 'em angled slightly out from the centerline and just above the lower curve of the crash bar.
Engine Guard..

®
Old 01-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Look nice, but I don't believe they would clear my lower fairings the way you have them mounted.

Kimber

Old 01-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: comancho
Sonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Nice looking....I have the standard pegs and have them mounted a bit higher. You will love the different ride positions for your legs. Allows you to stretch out while riding.

Chris
RIP MONGOOSE

2002 RK Police
95 Big Bore Kit, Weisco Flat Top Pistons, 9.13:1
Engine built by Wilsons of E-town,KY
Vance and Hines Ovals
SE Air Cleaner, K&N Filter
2006 HD Stock Heads
Andrews 26G Cams
Dyno'd by ENGINES BY OTTO

851st ARMY SECURITY AGENCY - Europe - 74-77