Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 07-01-2008, 10:53 PM
GrayRider

<<sigh>>
8-Ball

I miss you... call me....
8-Ball

but wait until after 9....
Old 07-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayRider View Post
Not being able to actually see something cosmetic has never been an issue with you before...powder coated transmission exhaust bracket, comes to mind.
Underfenders? Or is that an urban legend? Should I snope it?
Old 07-01-2008, 10:56 PM
8-Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Underfenders? Or is that an urban legend? Should I snope it?
okay... but he didn't come up with it...
Old 07-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
I'd call but I am getting kinda tired. You got to find that perfect balance between enough booze to talk, and enough to fall asleep.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:01 PM
8-Ball

Old 07-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Excommunicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
it takes food from my children...
Old 07-10-2008, 10:34 PM
GrayRider

Tom and I replaced the lifters in my Road King today. Haven't had a chance to ride it very far, but it appears to be quieter.

I'll post more in a day or so.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Type O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withType O is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
but wait until after 9....
sounds like phone sexs

Russ

doofs at the beach

Old 07-12-2008, 10:37 AM
GrayRider

Tom and I replace the lifters in my Road King on Thursday. Tom did most of the work..he jumped in, I let him.

We couldn't find the bolt cutters..so we improvised. ..just a joke, please don't try this at home..

I thought Tom had chromed my right floorboard..apparently, it was only tin foil. I didn't like the mod. Didn't want to hurt his feelings, so I pretended that I liked it, ..then kicked it off on my way home.

I used the new Screamin' Eagle tapered adjustable pushrods. I think they're made by Latus. We adjusted them to 3 1/4 turns.

Haven't ridden it much, been riding the Wide Glide, but top end noise is significantly reduced.

My thanks to my buddy Tom.
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 7.png (657.6 KB, 65 views)
File Type: png Picture 8.png (667.0 KB, 63 views)
File Type: png Picture 9.png (657.0 KB, 65 views)
Old 07-13-2008, 12:50 PM
GrayRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
Gray, would you say that the new lifters and pushrods helped more than the Baisley spring?
Hard to say, Mike. I think that I had a weak lifter to begin with, so there was improvement with both the spring and then the lifters.

Some noise is still there, but I think it's the nature of the .510's.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:28 PM
GrayRider

Now that the lifter job is done Mike..I'll have to come up with something else for you to do to my bike at the Doofapalooza.