Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Softail Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 04-26-2009, 06:55 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
Softail oil check...

is it normal for the oil level to be a little low, after setting a day or two...but ok after it's run & hot...?

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 04-26-2009, 06:57 AM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
Yes.

On some bikes it drains back into the sump.

Engine by Otto.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:58 AM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
To check oil ya should run it for a minute, then turn it off for a minute and check.

Engine by Otto.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:04 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
ok, thanks terry...

even after a longer period, it was only down to the fill mark...about 1/2 is where it's at cold...checked it hot, and it's about 3/4 up...

just wasn't sure if it's supposed to drain back...

Old 04-26-2009, 07:06 AM
GazintA

It isn't supposed to. It does on some bikes. I've never checked mine without running it because I don't want to find out mine's one of 'em.

Engine by Otto.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:14 AM
I Like Dirt...!

I'll keep an eye on it...it doesn't seem excessive...still have over a year of warranty left...

Old 04-26-2009, 07:18 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Does that have the checkball like mine? Once it was replaced, I haven't had any trouble.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:32 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uesque View Post
Does that have the checkball like mine? Once it was replaced, I haven't had any trouble.
i don't see it in the parts book...<dunno>

where ya at...?

Old 04-26-2009, 07:39 AM
GazintA

I don't think the check ball's standard and the leakage is caused by clearance in the oil pump.

Engine by Otto.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:44 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryMiller View Post
I don't think the check ball's standard and the leakage is caused by clearance in the oil pump.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:46 AM
GazintA

There has to be some clearance or it'd eat itself.

Engine by Otto.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:24 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I'm losing it somewhere. I added up to the "full" line about 1,000 miles ago, and I was half way between the lines yesterday evening. I'm gonna check it again today when I get home and see where it is when the motor's cold.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)