Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Computer Talk
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Computer Talk Have a computer question, problem or internet issue? The computer talk is here.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
My Dell laptop is going on four years old. Not a single issue since purchase. Battery still lasts for 3 hours (was 3.5 hours when new) and performs as well as the new laptops my coworkers are getting nowdays.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:21 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Thorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sock
For work I have Dell...no issues. I would look at the fastest cpu, memory, and video you can afford, and build on that. Sound usually sucks on most Dell econ laptops.

Thorns

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms." "Gimme back, gimme back my bullets"

Old 04-05-2011, 11:06 PM
Somewhat Bionic

Last Cigar Smoked: Hoyo De Monterrey Robusto
Big Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
ASUS makes some good machines around that price. Toshiba also makes some good machines too. HP has been lackluster lately though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonChief View Post
I'm partial to Lenovo at this point. Had 2 Toshibas that were pigs for software upgrade compatibility . Dealing with Lenovo sales is a challenge, though.

Sent from somewhere
+1 on the ASUS and Lenovo

Daughter has an ASUS that's bulletproof.

I have the Lenovo for work, great battery life and it has the little LED for the keyboard. Very pleased with it.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy sh*t ....what a ride!' - George Carlin