Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 09-13-2010, 05:32 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Just got back from Dave's in Bethlehem. Bone's tuned, and I'm pleased. The bike runs smoother, cooler and stronger. Dave played with the throttle progressivity, so the bike's more punchy now too. Not bad at all considering this is with bone stock cams and heads. I'm using a D&D Fatcat with the wrapped perforated baffle, a S/E Ventilator air cleaner, and a TTS Mastertune.

Many thanks to Dave, J, and Alex for their hospitality, it was a great time!

Oh, and I'm including Vader's old Stage 1 map with the same components for comparison...88 vs.103.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BONEDYNO09142010-1.jpg (115.9 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg CCI00014-1.jpg (61.3 KB, 147 views)

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 10-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Somewhat Bionic

Last Cigar Smoked: Hoyo De Monterrey Robusto
Big Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
PCIII Dyno Results

Just got Beulah back today. Had a new rear tire (Stock Dunlop) and had the PCIII that I put on before the Tony Paco run tuned on the dyno. I had the SE slip ons already and I added the SE intake with the K&N style filter and the Fuel Moto brand PCIII.

Orbit and some local friends recommended Brian at Firehouse Performance. Small shop, no B.S. I'll do more business there.

http://www.firehouseperformance.com/main.html

With the canned map from Fuel Moto, the bike had more grunt off the line and power seemed a little better. I didn't have a baseline chart before I added the ECM so I'm not sure what the gains are.
After the tune the grunt is there through all the gears and it seems a whole lot more responsive on the throttle. Not a lot more top end faster, just smoother and faster to the redline in each gear. Brian said it was really fat on the top end, that might account for the decel pop I experienced at Cheezy when getting off it hard for a corner. It wasn't the "pop, pop, pop" kind; it would be one big bang as if the loaded fuel ignited all at once in the header. Couldn't reproduce it today, but I only got lost for 4 hours and about 140 miles. I'll check mileage after I fill her up next time.
Quite pleasant actually.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3259.jpg (37.1 KB, 120 views)

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy sh*t ....what a ride!' - George Carlin

Old 10-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Nice numbers, Mike.

Better than mine with the cam change and all the other junk I've done.

I've been messin' with my map. Leanin' 'er out in the 2750-3500 RPM, 20-40% throttle range. Added a bit of timing as well.

Road test results show promise.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Somewhat Bionic

Big Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBig Cheese has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbit View Post
Nice numbers, Mike.

Better than mine with the cam change and all the other junk I've done.

I've been messin' with my map. Leanin' 'er out in the 2750-3500 RPM, 20-40% throttle range. Added a bit of timing as well.

Road test results show promise.

I saw that. You're gonna have to learn me that stuff.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy sh*t ....what a ride!' - George Carlin

Old 10-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Nice smooth curve.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 10-06-2010, 08:26 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Doof clena

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 10-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Somewhat Bionic

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kflhr View Post
Doof clena

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
Egg Zachery

Old 10-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
I had the Stage One mod and a D&D FatCat installed. Here's the Dy no run..................

Wow, what a difference.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Somewhat Bionic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkip View Post
I had the Stage One mod and a D&D FatCat installed. Here's the Dy no run..................

Wow, what a difference.
Fun ain't it Skip?

Old 03-31-2011, 08:00 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
103"
Flat Top Pistons
Stock heads
Stock Intake and injectors
T-Man 625 cams
Cycle Shack slip ons
Arlen Ness AC
Bottom end given the Darkhorse treatment
Built by me
Dyno'd by McDaniel's HD

"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Nice Job Ed,

Kimber

Old 04-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Doof Cadet

Last Cigar Smoked: don't smoke no friggin ceegars
knuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sock
Nice, those 103's are alright w/stock heads an injectors.

Doofbag Fer EverI smell Fish
Old 04-09-2011, 05:21 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
That's nice, Ed. Come and build Blondies for me

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
That's nice, Ed. Come and build Blondies for me
Bring it over and leave your credit card...I'll fix you up right.

"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Last Cigar Smoked: Probably a Swisher Sweet
Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
95 in. build

Here's the report:
1550 SE flat tops
Big Boyz street port
Crane 300-2 cams
Mik 42 HSR
Doherty Power Pacc
Dynatek Ign.
Supermeg/20 discs/closed cap

The guy doing the runs felt if I switched to an open end cap it would do 100/105 but I would lose a bit of that early torque. Of course I'd also have to listen to it. I like the sound and the way it runs as it is. Oh, the dippy run on here is an old 88", se203's, pre-tune one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (53.1 KB, 76 views)

Greg