Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > NoVA Delinquents > Ride Planner
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Ride Planner Got a plan, put it here...

Old 02-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Cross Country Trip

Sleeveless and I are looking to take 4-6 weeks late summer and ride cross country. We're looking for "must" ride recommendations and would like input anyone might like to share.

Given are things like Beartooth Pass, Going to the Sun Road, Grand Canyon, Badlands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Moab and Zion National Parks.

We've been to Niagra Falls, Rushmore, Custers Battlefield & Talemina Scenic Byway.

Would even concider Canadian Rockies, but that means leaving the pistol at home.

Also, I'm familiar with nearly all the good roads from Sacremento CA, to BC, so those aren't an issue.

So, what say you?

Kimber

Old 02-12-2013, 03:02 PM
Sofaglide

Goldwang is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withGoldwang is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withGoldwang is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withGoldwang is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withGoldwang is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withGoldwang is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withGoldwang is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withGoldwang is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withGoldwang is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withGoldwang is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withGoldwang is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
You could go to El Paso and do a Doof loop at the border!

The original 2011

Raise my hand if you believe in telekinesis.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:29 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
If your going to Yosemite, Tioga Pass Rd. and Sonora Pass are must do.
Hwy 1 from Morro Bay to Carmel(Big Sur)
Mt. Rose and loop around Tahoe
Feather River Canyon
Kings Canyon

Separated at birth? You decide
Old 02-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Razor

griffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sockgriffin doesn't need a tube sock
Florida Keys,Blue Ridge PKWY, Tail of the Dragon, Nashville, The Great Mississippi River road.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
If you ever get this way on a bike, we'll introduce you to the Hill
Country and some other choice roads.

But then, you knew that.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 02-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
If you come thru Chicago we can put you up and I'd love to show you around SW Wisconsin.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Depending on how far south your headed; if you're going to the Grand Canyon, the Petrified Forest and the Painted Desert are pretty interesting. And, while you're in the area, Flagstaff is a good stop.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 02-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Death Valley.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:00 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafatboy View Post
Death Valley.
In late summer?

Do secretly hate them?

Separated at birth? You decide
Old 02-12-2013, 06:14 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I know where there is supposed to be a TX 437 between Ms. T and us.....

Sent from my brick-sized SAMSUNG GALAXY Note II using Tapatalk 2...
It's a phone AND a weapon. Much better than a concealed rock.
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 02-12-2013, 06:21 PM
Amazon Chaser

Last Cigar Smoked: I don't think they call it a cigar.. :)
BigDawg is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBigDawg is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBigDawg is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBigDawg is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBigDawg is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBigDawg is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBigDawg is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBigDawg is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBigDawg is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBigDawg is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBigDawg is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
There's a 437 in Florida.. on the way here you can hit the Pig Trail in NW Arkansas. Depending on how far east you want to go, there's all the famous roads in Ga, NC, TN. The Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, Blue Ride Parkway.. all good stuff. If you come this far south.. I can show you some palm trees and gators..

Old 02-12-2013, 06:46 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasilva View Post
If your going to Yosemite, Tioga Pass Rd. and Sonora Pass are must do.
Hwy 1 from Morro Bay to Carmel(Big Sur)
Mt. Rose and loop around Tahoe
Feather River Canyon
Kings Canyon
Already know about Feather River. Use to spend time around Lake Almanor as a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwang View Post
You could go to El Paso and do a Doof loop at the border!

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
Florida Keys,Blue Ridge PKWY, Tail of the Dragon, Nashville, The Great Mississippi River road.
Blue Ridge, Tail of the Dragon and Snake already done. Florida Keys will be a separate trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinero View Post
If you ever get this way on a bike, we'll introduce you to the Hill
Country and some other choice roads.
Again... 2011 remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d j View Post
If you come thru Chicago we can put you up and I'd love to show you around SW Wisconsin.
Thanks DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabbydoo View Post
Depending on how far south your headed; if you're going to the Grand Canyon, the Petrified Forest and the Painted Desert are pretty interesting. And, while you're in the area, Flagstaff is a good stop.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafatboy View Post
Death Valley.
Probably on our way out of California to the Mother in Laws in AZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post
I know where there is supposed to be a TX 437 between Ms. T and us.....

Kimber

Old 02-12-2013, 07:33 PM
B. F. a D. M.

Brstr1 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBrstr1 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBrstr1 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBrstr1 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBrstr1 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBrstr1 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBrstr1 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBrstr1 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBrstr1 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBrstr1 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBrstr1 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
If you miss moss you could swing through Orygun! Keep me posted, would love to hook up if you get this far west, or even close!

Old 02-12-2013, 07:41 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
You will love, love, love Rt.50 in Colorado. There's about a 40 mile section of 2-lane that hugs a river in a valley. That's followed by a mountain range, then another long section of windy river. Hit the Million Dollar Highway, and 149 (I think, TOE might remember) for the 11,500 ascent over the Continental Divide.

Get to Flagstaff (via 66 if possible), then take 180 to 64 to the Grand Canyon. Double back on 64 and take that to old 66. through Seligman to Kingman. See Laughlin for the hell of it.

Then cut south and ride the living hell out of 95 through Lake Havasu City.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 02-12-2013, 08:12 PM
Double D

My name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMy name is Doug looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
If you're in Fort Worth Mike and need to rest for a night or two you can stay with me. I have plenty of room and it would be good to see you all again.

aka ZoomieDog aka Gruntnutz aka FIXER OF MIKE'S BIKE....PROVEN

05 Chopper Blue/Brilliant Silver Springer Classic
V&H exhaust

98" RevPerf BB kit
37g cam's
DTT ignition
CNC'd heads
Mik 42 carb
LMR-2 oil spring

Free, personalized travel maps at mytriplogs.com