Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Victory
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 07-21-2007, 10:58 PM
wibiker

hey Q,

the cam chain isnt a issue in the 92" they have an easily removed and inspected/repared tensioner. i have noticed that when i can start to hear a little chain noise, i just goes away after a good hard rev or two and this must be the tensioner lockin in a notch.

i had a V92c vic and put 43k on it and no cam chain prob

have 13k on KP (stage one,) and no prob...
Old 08-14-2007, 11:29 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Look is differant, but they give you allot 6 gallon, 100". Hd was not offering 6 gallon when this was announced.

I do like that you can see the engine.

it may appeal to BWM.GW riders who want an American bike or a thumper. Its touring bike, but put some pipes on it, and it appeals to the juvy in us. ALst winter was talking to Polaris dealer, he said he had two sold, as soon as he could get them.

Got to remember not everyone wants an HD. I am not100% on styling, but would like to see one.

I was drunk, Friday night first time I saw this. I was coninced that was my next bike. Mainly for 100", was pretty disgruntled at what I put into my engine.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:13 PM
wibiker

I like victory's
really do.

this vision is different. it takes some getting used to.

as i said before if really has some jazz, and with some pipes and a stage one download, it should fairly honk.

it actually has a 106" stock. yep 106" i heard it is an S&S stroker, factory built.

one thng i dont like.... it has an awful lot of PLASTIC stuff on it. i guess we are in a plastic age...

Victory is practically beggin people to drive these bikes. find a dealer and schedule a test drive.

still get a smile on my old HD too just in case you think i may have completely gone off.

i think victory needs to get out there more and get more folks on thier bikes.

if you dont have to be an identical indiviual, you may find one you like
Old 08-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Clubhouse Electrician

Q-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowQ-Dog has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
OK.

I'm gonna do it.
I'm gonna go ride one....

...as soon as I have a chance.

There's Victory dealer about 15 miles away.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:38 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by wibiker View Post
I .

it actually has a 106" stock. yep 106" i heard it is an S&S stroker, factory built.
Talked to dealer, when snowmobiling, so was awhile go before they announced, he said 100". As far as I know Vics have there own engine. Can't say for sure about this.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Excommunicated

while a new 106-cubic-inch Freedom® V-Twin™
Sounds to me like they continued the existing line,maybe not the same.

I would be surprised to hear they got S&S crate motor. There not marketing as that.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:37 AM
wibiker

no, not s&s crate motor,

s&s engineering and stroker kit on the freedom motor
Old 08-16-2007, 10:35 PM
R.I.P.
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Garytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recently
Thumbs up DAVE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-Dog View Post
OK.

I'm gonna do it.
I'm gonna go ride one....

...as soon as I have a chance.

There's Victory dealer about 15 miles away.
... I really don't think I'm lettin' loose of my H-D, but a friend and I ARE scheduled for rides at 3:45 Sept. 1. Don't know what's open/left, but they're to be at the Holiday Inn in Gaithersburg Sept. 1 & 2. Go have some free fun...
http://www.victoryvisiontour.com/eve..._schedule.html

Old 08-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Same as it ever was.

duhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygiene
There's an article in a recent Friction Zone magazine that touts the stability of the bike. There's a pic of a guy going down the highway sitting on the passenger seat, feet on the passenger rests.

Old 08-26-2007, 12:58 PM
Haawk - PTUI - Crap

Pete Logan is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPete Logan is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPete Logan is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPete Logan is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPete Logan is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPete Logan is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPete Logan is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPete Logan is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPete Logan is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPete Logan is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPete Logan is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by duhast View Post
There's an article in a recent Friction Zone magazine that touts the stability of the bike. There's a pic of a guy going down the highway sitting on the passenger seat, feet on the passenger rests.
There's a pic on the VTF some time ago of TheAlien (Mark) riding laid out on the seat with his feet on the bars

I think I remember a report somewhere also of a BossHoss continuing for over half a mile after kicking it's rider off

-Shakespeare-Hamlet

"Generally speaking, you don't die on motorcycles.
You die a few yards away from what's left of them."

-Me
Old 08-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I'd like to ride one. There must be a dealer around here somewhere.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 09-02-2007, 12:31 AM
R.I.P.
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Garytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recentlyGarytheterrible seems to have bathed recently
Arrow Did demo ride today...TWICE!

Quote:
rode it!

i liked it alot.

Victory's pull like mules. stock.
Quote:
the tour.
it has a big trunk

you sit in the bike, not on it. the floor board extends out far enough to be highway pegs(i liked that! 34 in inseam)

it handled like a tippy cup i liked that.

felt quiet, but wasnt. the wind is non exixtent practically

did not like the fairing, but i think you get used to that. i have a windshield now and have had batwings, so the frame mounted fairing was unsettling at first.

the mirrors, vents. windshield, electronics etc.. cool

the 106 just RIPPS it sounds great and although no gear or mama, it felt like that would not be a problem.

i guess i like it.

i will wait a year or two before i buy one though.

i think mama will want it too. so she can take over the KP
Quote:
I like victory's
really do.

this vision is different. it takes some getting used to.

as i said before if really has some jazz, and with some pipes and a stage one download, it should fairly honk.

one thng i dont like.... it has an awful lot of PLASTIC stuff on it. i guess we are in a plastic age...

Victory is practically beggin people to drive these bikes. find a dealer and schedule a test drive.

still get a smile on my old HD too just in case you think i may have completely gone off.

i think victory needs to get out there more and get more folks on thier bikes.

if you dont have to be an identical indiviual, you may find one you like
Went for the demo ride, had a blast(!), went again!!! Did the "Street" first (no "trunk"), then the "Tour." They look like they look, though I thought somewhat better "in person." Though not loaded, I felt NO difference between the two.

Good stuff:

1) The "floorboards" blew me away! Comfortable, comfortable, comfortable! Range is from kinda straight down, like where mid pegs would be, to legs all the way out forward, and STILL not to the front end of the boards, but done in a way where their not in the way of putin' feet down. No matter where I put my feet, they/it felt "RIGHT!" The second bike (tour) had optional pegs off the boards. Don't know if I liked better with or without. Will note that I have to really stretch to make 5' 8".
2) SEAT was surprisingly comfortable also, maybe even more so (for me) than even my Mustang(!), but I haven't done the 1000+ mile rides on the Vic. one. Good support also. I really like a backrest, but could maybe get by without on this one.
3) Second bike had the elec. adjustable windshield. I LIKE!!! Big time! They have a few different shield size options. I think it had the taller one. All the way down I was looking through edge. It had a rather significant range, and could go MUCH higher than I needed or wanted. The shorter shield, I'm sure I'd be able to go from seeing over well, to up as high as I would want it anyway, probably more. REALLY liked it's function/action!
4) Wind flow was excellent! Very smooth, no real "turbulence," though plenty flow.
5) Power was very good, as expected. Seemed somewhat comparable to my bike with basic 98" GMR kit, BUT the Vic. IS STOCK! I will say mine seems more ballsy under 2000, and more go solid feel, but who knows with a stage one or whatever on the Vic.
6) Trans did excellent job, though bit "clunky."
7) Handled easily & excellently all conditions. Well balanced. Could do the stop/near stop, etc., no feet down.
8) THE BRAKES!!! I almost forgot. Makes my gEEzer-glide feel equal to Flintstone foot draggin', though they've always done okay for me. Maybe this is same difference as others keep talkin' about with the Brembos on the '08 Harleys. BIG, amazing difference!!! (NO squeal, either.)

Less than good stuff:

1) Though overall bike seems good, some stuff is disappointingly cheap plastic, seemingly crappy quality. Two pop open doors on sides of "tank"/handlebars. Cheap, cheap, crap, and difficult to get to open, IF/when I got 'em to open at all! But even more disappointing than that, the side bags. More thin, cheap plastic, then when ya open them:
2) WHERE'S THE ROOM?!!! Side "bags" have plastic outer cover that opens, but MUCH waste of space! Cover opens to smaller hole, with small excuse for space inside. Poor, disappointing design, I.M.O.
3) The mirrors. I guess maybe kinda okay, but must be similar to fairing mounted H-D. (Which I've never had.) Look good on bike and can see your knuckles/hands/levers REALLY well, but not in line behind myself, and only so well to sides. I like to SEE!
4) I've never liked sound system on bike for me, but it's there, so okay. First bike, system seemed to work well, but would start to distort just about where ya start to crank it up a little. This was "Street," front speakers only. Speaker upgrade? Second bike, "tour," system was almost non-usable. I wanted to hear difference rear speakers would make, but (though I knew how to use it by now) had a near impossible time getting the system to respond to inputs/buttons (volume, tone, station changes, ANYTHING/EVERYTHING!). NOT very impressive and/or confindence inspiring!

Further mentions:

1) Though I have fewer of 'em, my Harley buttons/switches seem to have better "feel"/quality/function, with exception of dash tripmeter reset button.
2) The "trunk" helps, but not as big as H-D. (Well, I don't know about "chopped.") Seems I could easily get as much in my side bags and small passenger rack as these sides & "trunk" together. Note, space IS different. I don't have, "space for two XL full face helmets" (in their otherwise empty trunk, except for maybe like gloves), but it looks like it'd be hard to even get ONE actual leather jacket in their side bags, if you even CAN! (I get much more in mine.)
3) Steering had sort of funny, maybe flex, sort of feel when near stop. Maybe something to do with the long bars and front end geometry.
4) I noticed heat from the engine area a few times. Not "hot" or uncomfortable, but "noticed." I ride a Standard with no lowers or anything, so it's something I never thought of, but noticed 2 or 3 times. NO problem, but I guess expected/not bad considering the engine is more covered/less open.

Summary: Probably left out/forgot/missed stuff, but I had a great time and I LIKE 'em, but need considerably more refining on some things. My Harley is still the one for me, but when the time for have to change comes, I'll be lookin' at Harleys AND Vics. H-D still (and maybe/probably always will) blows 'em away on choices and options, but they both keep improving. Glad to see H-D comin' out with bigger tanks, motors, better brakes, etc., etc., etc. I believe Vic. to be at least a significant part of things gettin' better for us all.

Thanks, Gary...

Old 12-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Outlaw

Last Cigar Smoked: Camel WIDES
Sidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Atleast they didn't put the concept bike into production.

"It's not the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog." - Michael Vick.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:25 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidecar Doug View Post
Atleast they didn't put the concept bike into production.

Looks better than that abortion they did produce.

just sayin

Joe

Separated at birth? You decide
Old 02-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Known Associate

P 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowP 0 P E Y E has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
What bike would george Jetson want?

Roswell...area 51....skunk works

Cycle World defines it as 'take me to your leader' styling

a bat bike for sure

A HONDAPOTTAMUS, IT AINT.

] G A Z I N T A S Doofspicible............

CT-7, MA-7, NY-7, CT-43, MA-43, NY-43