Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Victory
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Double-D

mudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withmudslinger is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Looks a tad bit uncomfortable.But i bet it is kind of quick

Old 02-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by wibiker View Post
the victory dealer i deal with said "no availibility concept is all for now" they didnt even have one for sale. i think that would be an awfully awfully hard riding little scooter. cast frame. even chrome moly tubing has some amount of flex...you and me tom, would ride that and then take 3 days nursing our lower backs back into shape...

they sure arent afraid to try things differently though. the cast backbone on the vision with the intake thru the frame is interesting. and it looks like the victory engineers like castings too. probably see alot more of that from them
Yep, they said in NY that it was only concept. They were asking people for input about it. As for the ride and lower backs, the rigid frame would be rough enough but the unsprung wooden seat would be pure punishment.

As for the trying things, I would have some concern about the cast backbone. I'm no metallurgist but my sense is that castings are not meant to and don't give/flex. Not sure how that would play, long term, to a part that is continuously subjected to bending and twisting under some heavy loads. What would be the chances of failure from fatigue?

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 02-27-2009, 10:29 PM
wibiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabbydoo View Post
Yep, they said in NY that it was only concept. They were asking people for input about it. As for the ride and lower backs, the rigid frame would be rough enough but the unsprung wooden seat would be pure punishment.

As for the trying things, I would have some concern about the cast backbone. I'm no metallurgist but my sense is that castings are not meant to and don't give/flex. Not sure how that would play, long term, to a part that is continuously subjected to bending and twisting under some heavy loads. What would be the chances of failure from fatigue?

for years the necks and frame joinery was cast and then brazed to steel tube. i think i t hold up ok. the bike shouldnt bend or twist theoretically but we know they do if you have ever pushed an FL into a corner and hit a bump at the same time. anyway, they say its strong and stiff and no flex. yep scabby punishment.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabbydoo View Post
Aircraft are full of cast and extruded parts and they see significant stresses. I won't pretend I slept at the Holiday Inn last night, but I am sure it can be done with the right materials and construction techniques.
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 02-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Under Construction

TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
for years the necks and frame joinery was cast and then brazed to steel tube. i think i t hold up ok. the bike shouldnt bend or twist theoretically but we know they do if you have ever pushed an FL into a corner and hit a bump at the same time. anyway, they say its strong and stiff and no flex. yep scabby punishment.
Yeah, the VL & 45 frames were all like that.
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
Felt Nine 50
Old 02-28-2009, 10:50 AM
wibiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonChief View Post
Yeah, the VL & 45 frames were all like that.

i think the first all welded frame was a feature on the 1982 or 83 models.
no?
Old 02-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Under Construction

Quote:
i think the first all welded frame was a feature on the 1982 or 83 models.
no?
I thought the furnace-brazed cast parts went out long before then, but I can't say for sure.
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
Felt Nine 50