Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Remodeling or Building
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Remodeling or Building Got a project going or finished... Got a question...

Old 05-01-2010, 08:21 AM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Been workin on the house all week....

My 'rents were up for their "vacation" and as usual we did some work on the house. I bet they're glad to get back to work so they can have a break

We stripped out the walls and ceilings in our bedroom and office which were, best I can tell, original particleboard or masonite of some sort put in back in 1951 when the house was built. Before we put up the drywall, we installed a proper ceiling fan anchor, some additional outlets and a recessed light in the hallway. THe way the original walls were spaced out, we gained about an inch of space on each side and up on the ceiling which made the bedroom feel cavernous after we were done. In the office, we gained close to 2 inches all around. The appearance was changed alot and all that's needed now is smoothing of the joints, a little more mud work and then some primer and paint before all the trim can go back up.

We also stripped the floors in the spare room. Been putting it off for a while due to the fact I was worried about my lack of skills and the time it would take. Well, rented a random orbital floor sander from the 'Depot and stripped them. From there, my mom got all the little spots that the floor sander missed or couldn't get. Gotta clean all the walls and ceiling of dust now, wait for it to all settle on the floors and then get them cleaned up and ready for the finish. Just going with a clear poly on them to show off the purty wood. For original floors, they look amazing!

Will post pics once we are all done. Shamefully, we don't have any before pics. I know Blondie'll be happy to have the house back in one piece

My parents rock, without them, I'd still be waiting to work, or hiring someone......They're on their way home this morning....

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Just breakin' balls

71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk71baldboy stays crunchy even in milk
Excellent. I have been through all that stuff too Frank, it's hard work but worth while in the end.
You gonna go for some fancy cornices?

I wanna live forever...So far so good

Stoney61 is a Demi God

I'm not bald, it's a solar panel for a sex machine!
Old 05-01-2010, 11:01 AM
R.I.P.
chemo toddy

y2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milk
maybe your parents would like a nice vacation in florida...i gotta gut the kitchen and tile the great room.

Old 05-01-2010, 02:38 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71baldboy View Post
Excellent. I have been through all that stuff too Frank, it's hard work but worth while in the end.
You gonna go for some fancy cornices?
What kinda corinces are you talkin bout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2k king View Post
maybe your parents would like a nice vacation in florida...i gotta gut the kitchen and tile the great room.
They live in P'cola, gotta be closer to you than me

Smoothing joint compound overhead sure is a good shoulder workout. I do miss their help, takes me 3 times as long to do stuff by myself.....

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:44 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Can't wait to see the pics, especially of the floors!

Sounds like you've been busting butt.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:55 PM
S.S.S.

Sleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milkSleeveless stays crunchy even in milk
Sounds like you have been busy. Can't wait to see the picutres.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:55 PM
along came Blondie......

Quote:
Originally Posted by unchained View Post
Can't wait to see the pics, especially of the floors!

Sounds like you've been busting butt.
I even have a blister!

Makes me appreciate those who do this for a living!

Old 05-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Frank,

On the floors...consider this instead of poly. If you like the look that poly provides over time as it turns "amber" then nevermind. This stuff won't "yellow" or "amber".

I like it because it dries fast and is low VOC. The faster it dries, the less crap can stick as it dries and you can get the coats on quicker.

http://oaklandwoodfloors.com/informa...ic-strong.html
Old 05-01-2010, 06:00 PM
along came Blondie......

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafatboy View Post
Frank,

On the floors...consider this instead of poly. If you like the look that poly provides over time as it turns "amber" then nevermind. This stuff won't "yellow" or "amber".

I like it because it dries fast and is low VOC. The faster it dries, the less crap can stick as it dries and you can get the coats on quicker.

http://oaklandwoodfloors.com/informa...ic-strong.html

Anywhere "local" that carries this?

Old 05-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Try Allied Products in Rosedale. Not sure if they carry Pacific Strong or not.

Cherokee Wholesalers, their website says they have locations in Baltimore.

http://www.cherokeewholesalers.com/about.php

On the web...

http://www.floormechanics.com/finish...ng_new))72.php

Some helpful videos

Last edited by vafatboy; 05-01-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:41 PM
along came Blondie......

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafatboy View Post
Try Allied Products in Rosedale. Not sure if they carry Pacific Strong or not.

Cherokee Wholesalers, their website says they have locations in Baltimore.

http://www.cherokeewholesalers.com/about.php

On the web...

http://www.floormechanics.com/finish...ng_new))72.php

Some helpful videos
Best price was online....ordered and it's on its way! Thanks Warren