Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer-Glide View Post
Oh.
My.
God.
I wish the two of them would get a room !!

MY GAWD !

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 02-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
OK Mike .........
when you get her back, and you're looking to get someplace warm, and one days ride ..... yall come on over here !!!!

I hope to be done with your wrench by then, and you can take it home, and save me the shipping cost

You know Jan and I would love to have ya two come see us and hang out for a day or two, or however long you'd like to stay !!

Old 02-07-2009, 12:18 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbkodiak View Post
Oh, and you doofs that are close by, I'm not looking for volunteers to break it in.

I'm not close by... I guess I get to break it in!!

From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 02-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Doof Cadet

Last Cigar Smoked: don't smoke no friggin ceegars
knuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sockknuckleheader- doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Possibly, My work, or lack there of next week will dictate when it happens. I'll post up when I'm headed that way. Maybe we can do a dinner or something.

I try Steve, just have to see how the schedule works out.

Oh, yeah, Dave said "you going to love this 6 speed" 2500 rpm's at 75..
I neeed a tach for mine

Doofbag Fer EverI smell Fish
Old 02-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxr4mikey View Post
OK Mike .........
when you get her back, and you're looking to get someplace warm, and one days ride ..... yall come on over here !!!!

I hope to be done with your wrench by then, and you can take it home, and save me the shipping cost

You know Jan and I would love to have ya two come see us and hang out for a day or two, or however long you'd like to stay !!
Looking forward to it. I'll let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post

I'm not close by... I guess I get to break it in!!

I'll bet I can get their first...

Kimber

Old 02-08-2009, 04:29 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Mike I rode my friends bike today that dave built-holy crap it had big time smile factor-smooth up to 120......u r goingto be real happy
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 02-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
You guys are killing me. I spoke to Dave last week about pipes, intake and a tune, and then a build at some point down the road......My ride today, I kept thinking about how important it will be to make sure that the tensioners are OK and that the crank is within spec, and that geez, a 107 build isn't really that much money.

Thanks to my conversation with Mike a few weeks ago and with Dave last week, I'm going to be in major debt very soon.

Good luck with your build Mike, I hope it's awesome.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 02-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Site Sponsor
Doof Babe

J9DynaGirl is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJ9DynaGirl is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJ9DynaGirl is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJ9DynaGirl is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJ9DynaGirl is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJ9DynaGirl is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJ9DynaGirl is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJ9DynaGirl is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJ9DynaGirl is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJ9DynaGirl is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withJ9DynaGirl is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Hey-
ya can't take it with ya, so you might as well have fun with it while you are here!

Dave is looking forward to tuning Mike's bike tomorrow. Cant wait to see how the Woods 6-H works!

MIke. I'm Hungry, so Dave better get your bike done soon!
Can we get RIBS?? Yum!!

I am a "42"

Franken Bike
Build by JD's Cycle Works
Tune by Dave @ JD's Cycle Works

Old 02-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Patti gets off work at 11 am on Thursday. We'll be on the road enroute Bethlehem by noon. Should be up there in time for dinner on Thursday around 6 pm... Let's plan something.

Who's got good ribs up there ?

Kimber

Old 02-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Buffalo Hump

Mike,
I'd like to know what Dave's recommendations are for 'BREAK-IN' are ...... and then, I'd like to know what your intentions are and the method that you'll use to 'BREAK-IN' your new build .......

I have my plan for mine ..... but want to hear what you have to say first ....

Thanks,
Mikey

Old 02-09-2009, 05:46 AM
Original Delinquent

Mikey;

2-3 heat cycles. each one a little longer. Basically warming it up and looking for good flow or any leaks. Adjust the fuel/air (low rpm's on the dyno just to make sure no real lean/rich areas)

20 mile gentile ride. Nothing over 3k, change oil

Another 20-50 mile trip, can also be done on the dyno without using the dyno brake. Let the engine rev down.

Maybe change oil again.

Dyno Tune. Done

Kimber

Old 02-09-2009, 08:14 AM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Mikey;

2-3 heat cycles. each one a little longer. Basically warming it up and looking for good flow or any leaks. Adjust the fuel/air (low rpm's on the dyno just to make sure no real lean/rich areas)

20 mile gentile ride. Nothing over 3k, change oil

Another 20-50 mile trip, can also be done on the dyno without using the dyno brake. Let the engine rev down.

Maybe change oil again.

Dyno Tune. Done
Mike-when you speak to dave pass on to him how awesome clay's bike is. He is loving it and it runs like a raped ape....
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty