Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Softail Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 06-28-2009, 07:05 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
THE DARKNESS...

Old 06-28-2009, 08:39 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Nice, but not black enough.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 06-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
So..........................what color is that thing?

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 06-29-2009, 08:50 AM
43rd Prophet

swmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suckswmnkdinthervr can happily embrace the suck
Nice bike Russ! Sigh...mine once looked that good!

I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
~James Madison, speech, Virginia Convention, 1788

Old 06-29-2009, 09:05 AM
Double-D

BigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milkBigTOE stays crunchy even in milk
I like how the spark plug wires really stand out... very pretty.

gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2007
gaZinTa OF THE YEAR 2015
Old 08-25-2009, 04:39 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
OK, here's the latest and the greatest....

-Coil relocation? Done!

-Horn relocation? Done!

-Black cables and lines? Done!

-Seatpost removal? Done!

-Tank lift? Done!

-Black tappet blocks and pushrod tubes? Done!

-Matching plug wires? Done!

Many, many thanks to Frank for his help with all of this....I'd have been beating on the bike with a BFH in frustration without his help.

And this is it......The horn bracket is getting powdercoated black at some point, but I'm totally done with appearance mods.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0809 220.jpg (116.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 0809 221.jpg (102.1 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 0809 222.jpg (107.4 KB, 31 views)

Old 08-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Double-D

Sweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suckSweet Pea can happily embrace the suck
I didn't think she could look any better than she did, but I was wrong. She looks marvelous darling, simply marvelous.

Really, really nice Russ.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
That's an awesome bike. I know it's been a labor of love and it shows.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkip View Post
That's an awesome bike. I know it's been a labor of love and it shows.

It truly has. Thanks for letting me know that it's visible.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:36 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: comancho
Sonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Great Look!!!

Chris
RIP MONGOOSE

2002 RK Police
95 Big Bore Kit, Weisco Flat Top Pistons, 9.13:1
Engine built by Wilsons of E-town,KY
Vance and Hines Ovals
SE Air Cleaner, K&N Filter
2006 HD Stock Heads
Andrews 26G Cams
Dyno'd by ENGINES BY OTTO

851st ARMY SECURITY AGENCY - Europe - 74-77
Old 08-25-2009, 07:40 PM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

Location: Half way down the trail to hell, in a shady meadow of green
Last Cigar Smoked: Nub Dub
squish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
looks great russ.....you need to let me know how that coil relocation was done.....

CAUTION! You have entered a Harley based forum. Apply a liberal amount of BS repellent to skin before reading anything by anybody.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:45 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
Unf fap fap fap.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by apache36 View Post
looks great russ.....you need to let me know how that coil relocation was done.....
I got myself an RSD engine mount, powdercoated it wrinkle black, and swapped everything out. We (Frank and I, with Frank doing the splicing) had to add about 4" to the wires going to the coil. The seatpost does nothing but hold the coil, so that was an easy out; one bolt at the bottom, and one bolt at the top. We (mostly Frank) moved the horn to the hole in the crosspiece, and grounded it there, the power wire reached just fine. I ordered plug wires from Magnum Shielding that are 17-1/2" long. You could probably go an inch shorter, but I like the arc to them.

The only issue is with the tank lift. With the change in angle and the coil in place of the horn, the fuel line kinks. It needs to be shortened by at least 3/4". I was going to check it tonight, but got sidetracked. But basically, you (I) need to cut the 90 degree fitting off, run the line straight towards where the fitting goes on the tank, and shorten the line accordingly.